Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confessions...
its funny how these types of threads get the most responses and attention...
I guess its kind of like wanting to see stars without their make up or view photos of what their thighs really look like.
Alas, i am drawn as well.

My confessions:

I hate washing dishes with a passion.
I hate it when the water splashes up on my arms.
I feel like i am drowning.

I bought a Justin Timberlake cd.
I cant deny that voice, it has actually got Ron very lucky...:wink:

I sunbathe nearly nude in my backyard, it feels so good.

I burn myself when i feel 'out of control' angry.
My right arm is scarred with layers and layers of scars from over the years,
oddly and purely coincidently enough, they look like the letters 'J' &'C'...
which are the 2 initials of 2 people i loathe the most in this world.
Its also my initials, and those of Jesus Christ too.
Again, its coincidently like that by what i use to burn with and how the scar heals.

I wrote the entire lyrics to 'All i Want is You' on my kitchen cupboards.
With a sharpie.

I regularly jump into as many pools as possible with my clothes on.

And my hugest confession ever, ever...

Jase is not my birth name.
(and dont even think about asking me what it was).
I changed it legally 15+ years ago after a successful ( :lmao: ) treatment for childhood sexual abuse.

Now, i must kill you all.

A sigh...I am a telemarketer. Why do people hate me so? I mean we have designed these sales pitches so that people can even send back the product at no risk. Yet they hang up on me before I can even say a word sometimes. A girl could get a complex like this...

I'm a nice person really. Try to understand us. We're trying to make a living like everyone else. I mean you can return the blasted book in 21 days if you want to.:(

Last edited:
Freefall said:
A sigh...I am a telemarketer. Why do people hate me so? I mean we have designed these sales pitches so that people can even send back the product at no risk. Yet they hang up on me before I can even say a word sometimes. A girl could get a complex like this...

I'm a nice person really. Try to understand us. We're trying to make a living like everyone else. I mean you can return the blasted book in 21 days if you want to.:(

:hug: People will never, ever respect telemarketers though I'm afraid. If people are going to buy something they are going to go out and purchase it, I don't know aynone that has ever sat and listened to a telemarketer and then bought the product. Don't take it personally I think it just comes with the business. :hug:

COBL_04 said:

:hug: People will never, ever respect telemarketers though I'm afraid. If people are going to buy something they are going to go out and purchase it, I don't know aynone that has ever sat and listened to a telemarketer and then bought the product. Don't take it personally I think it just comes with the business. :hug:

i once did a charity thingy where you called people, and gosh i have so much respect for people that do that. i got some nasty people and this was for a kid's charity. but, they are annoying.

struckpx said:

i once did a charity thingy where you called people, and gosh i have so much respect for people that do that. i got some nasty people and this was for a kid's charity. but, they are annoying.

I know telemarketers have a rough job, but I don't know who is calling me and I don't know anything about these charities. I
don't know if they are legitimate or how much of the money is going to the people who are supposed to benefit from it. I'll ask for a financial statement (that sheet of paper that tells you how much goes where). If they're not willing to send me one, they're not getting any money. I don't allow myself to get guilted much.
If they do send a financial and I'm satisfied with it, I do send something with an extra $5 tacked on to reimburse them for sending me the statement.

If a telemarketer is selling, chances are pretty good they are trying to sell me something I don't want. Insistent that I absolutely want something I absolutely don't. They're not good on the fine print. "We want to send you a free trial of something. You can cancel at any time." I'm trying to figure out why I should be going through the trouble of canceling something or returning something I don't want when I knew I didn't want it in the first place." I know telemarketers are trying to make a living. I'm polite as I can be until they won't take no for an answer.

One of my favorite exchanges:

Me: "I'm not interested, thank you."
Telemarketer: "Why aren't you interested."
Me: "I'm just not interested."
Telemaketer: "Well, why aren't you interested?"
Me: "I don't have to give you a reason for not being interested."
Telemarketer: "Bitch." Telemarketer hangs up on me, lol.

When they are politely insistent, I'll just ask them if they are being paid commission and if they are, I'll let them know that it might be a better use of their time to try somebody else. If I wanted the product, I'd be calling them.

Other favorite exchange (from my credit card company) after I decline an offer. "Well, let me talk to your husband." :evil:
Well, I'm not married but I'll go along with it. "Let me talk with your manager." "Manager, your rep asked to talk to my husband about my card. My husband isn't on this card. My husband doesn't make any of the payments on this card. My husband has no decisionmaking rights on this card. Cancel my card."

My mother is a sweetheart (and likes free offers). Then a few months down the road, she's getting monthly shipments of things she doesn't want, doesn't know she signed up for, then letters threatening collection. Then I'm on the phone straightening all this stuff out. No thank you.

So, I promise if you are polite to me and not too insistent, I'll be sweet back. But I'm probably not going to buy the book or the siding or the windows (OK, I bought the Verizon DSL service. That was a pretty good deal, but I was in the market for it anyway).

I do feel for telemarketers. But not at my expense. My time and my phone belong to me.

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:

freak!!!
:lol:
which one it doesnt count if its one of the first three :tongue:

the new one homie

and i managed to work out, play guitar, help my dad put together a desk, and go out to dinner as well. and i didnt get it at midnight; i got it at 1:00 pm saturday :p

I smoked a couple of cigarettes last night, purely for social reasons and out of boredom. I hate smoking :huh:

love_u2_adam said:
^same here:reject:
and im 16

:| i tell myself in stead of a spinster ill be a pimp. . .kinda works

it sounds like you have plenty of boyfriends, i havent had a real one in all my nineteen years of living :wink: (im just not gonna count anything before high school)

I just got back from the emergency room. hahaha, hold on there, its not as bad as you might think. Sprained my ankle hardcore and dislocated a finger during my soccer/football game today. Holy crap, it hurt like a mother. Like it was the most pain I have ever had in my whole life, and I have broken bones here. Obviously the body didn't shut down the neurons, or whatever they are called, in the right areas to cut the pain off, haha. So, I got some pain killers and dang these things are so cool, ahaha. So powerful.

But, in no ways am I happy about the recovery. It better heal f-ing fast b/c I am the most active person I know. I can't stand not doing something physical, cardio, lifting, etc. in a day. So, hopefully it heals fast.

I hung out w/ my gf last night. That was fun.

Canadiens1160 said:
I smoked a couple of cigarettes last night, purely for social reasons and out of boredom. I hate smoking :huh:

I'm exactly the same. I've had probably two or three in my life, and I think they taste like absolute ASS, but my mates had a few so I thought why not.

I never had a real boyfriend.

I mean yes I've had dates and "successful" dates...
but no real boyfriend.

Guys that I hang out with and stuff...ya know...but no...

I had one real boyfriend for several months but that was a year ago and I mean, I don't know... I am attractive and everything, but I just don't see guys a lot..and I feel it's so awkward to flirt... with people and then if I don't like them and htey are into me, It's hard to say ooh whoops sorry you're not my type. And then some of them just want sex and I am not into that one-night stand quality.

COBL_04 said:

Thank you for the encouragement:shrug: ...I really have to find a different job, I think!

BonosSaint said:

I know telemarketers have a rough job, but I don't know who is calling me and I don't know anything about these charities. I
don't know if they are legitimate or how much of the money is going to the people who are supposed to benefit from it. I'll ask for a financial statement (that sheet of paper that tells you how much goes where). If they're not willing to send me one, they're not getting any money. I don't allow myself to get guilted much.
If they do send a financial and I'm satisfied with it, I do send something with an extra $5 tacked on to reimburse them for sending me the statement.

If a telemarketer is selling, chances are pretty good they are trying to sell me something I don't want. Insistent that I absolutely want something I absolutely don't. They're not good on the fine print. "We want to send you a free trial of something. You can cancel at any time." I'm trying to figure out why I should be going through the trouble of canceling something or returning something I don't want when I knew I didn't want it in the first place." I know telemarketers are trying to make a living. I'm polite as I can be until they won't take no for an answer.

One of my favorite exchanges:

Me: "I'm not interested, thank you."
Telemarketer: "Why aren't you interested."
Me: "I'm just not interested."
Telemaketer: "Well, why aren't you interested?"
Me: "I don't have to give you a reason for not being interested."
Telemarketer: "Bitch." Telemarketer hangs up on me, lol.

When they are politely insistent, I'll just ask them if they are being paid commission and if they are, I'll let them know that it might be a better use of their time to try somebody else. If I wanted the product, I'd be calling them.

Other favorite exchange (from my credit card company) after I decline an offer. "Well, let me talk to your husband." :evil:
Well, I'm not married but I'll go along with it. "Let me talk with your manager." "Manager, your rep asked to talk to my husband about my card. My husband isn't on this card. My husband doesn't make any of the payments on this card. My husband has no decisionmaking rights on this card. Cancel my card."

My mother is a sweetheart (and likes free offers). Then a few months down the road, she's getting monthly shipments of things she doesn't want, doesn't know she signed up for, then letters threatening collection. Then I'm on the phone straightening all this stuff out. No thank you.

So, I promise if you are polite to me and not too insistent, I'll be sweet back. But I'm probably not going to buy the book or the siding or the windows (OK, I bought the Verizon DSL service. That was a pretty good deal, but I was in the market for it anyway).

I do feel for telemarketers. But not at my expense. My time and my phone belong to me.

Wow...someone called you a name? That is something I would never, ever do! (Much less take advantage of elderly consumers. I appreciate those sweethearts, and would like to say thank you to them. I am only sorry that they get in over their head because of their kindness.) You don't know what it is like though having your supervisor riding you because you're not keeping up with your quota. Orlando's job market is rough...I guess if I have to it is time for two jobs in the restaurant arena; though I hate to do it. Can't wait to leave this state! :(

struckpx said:
I just got back from the emergency room. hahaha, hold on there, its not as bad as you might think. Sprained my ankle hardcore and dislocated a finger during my soccer/football game today. Holy crap, it hurt like a mother. Like it was the most pain I have ever had in my whole life, and I have broken bones here. Obviously the body didn't shut down the neurons, or whatever they are called, in the right areas to cut the pain off, haha. So, I got some pain killers and dang these things are so cool, ahaha. So powerful.

But, in no ways am I happy about the recovery. It better heal f-ing fast b/c I am the most active person I know. I can't stand not doing something physical, cardio, lifting, etc. in a day. So, hopefully it heals fast.

well, good luck :up: sorry to hear about your accident. I've been trying to work out everyday too.

let's see...I confess that I much prefer hanging out with guys than girls. Guys to me are more laid-back and less likely to lie or get caught up in petty shit. I hope I make some more girl friends in college, but pretty much my whole life most of my best friends have been guys, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I guess I'm not very feminine :shrug:

:angry:

My parents are trying to set me up with a guy (the son of a long time family friend) who is 17, (I'm 20), who I haven't seen in 6 years, because we're "older and both interested in politics."

Oh and he lives in Nebraska. I live in Virginia. :rolleyes: Cool guy but seriously, no thanks...there's no chance.

U2democrat said:
:angry:

My parents are trying to set me up with a guy (the son of a long time family friend) who is 17, (I'm 20), who I haven't seen in 6 years, because we're "older and both interested in politics."

Oh and he lives in Nebraska. I live in Virginia. :rolleyes: Cool guy but seriously, no thanks...there's no chance.

haha, nice. well, not the politics, but that's cool that your parents care so much about you. haha.

well, good luck sorry to hear about your accident. I've been trying to work out everyday too.
Thanks. These pain killers are absolutely wicked. Who would have known that we had such powerful drugs. ahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom