Random Facts and Confessions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love_u2_adam said:
i cried listening to Avril lavigne's Fall To Pieces

:uhoh:

I was all emotional when they had the benefit concert for 9/11 and U2 sang Walk On/Hallelujah on all the TV Networks. But, I was crying anyways b/c I went to school up the street when it happened. Some of my mates that went to school lost parents.

Anyways, that is the only time I have ever gotten sad, sad over music.

-I cried listening to "Wonderwall" by Oasis recently. It was because the song sounded sentimental to things happening in my life. "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now".

*quite possibly the confession of a lifetime*

-I used to totally adore George Bush (I was like 12!!) but I absolutely loved him and thought he was hot, brilliant, the whole works. Of course now, looking back ... I realize what a mistake that was. Don't worry. I am a changed woman. (not a lot of people know that about me, considering how liberal and positively opposite of Bush's administration I am now)

-People thought I was snobby at school when I really don't think I was. I just didn't like the whole "high-school" atmosphere and tried to distance myself from areas like the cafeteria and the gym, where hormonal teens gathered like sheep. I basically hung with close friends.

-Even being anti-high school, I still cheered people up by dancing around or making weird faces. Some people told me they were so jealous and wished they could be as carefree as I was...not caring what others thought. They said my antics made their day.
To me, that is just my personality, but I was very very flattered and glad to hear that.

-My best friend is moving to Chicago tomorrow...and I truly feel I am going to be lost without him. I just don't know how I am going to cope with not seeing his face at least everyday. Even though I have other great friends, I honestly think he understands me better than any of them.

-I cannot stand people that do not have a passion. Whether it's comic books, cooking, or internal medicine, I LOVE to see people genuinely loving what they do and doing what they love.

-It IRKS me so much to hear people say they are going to college to do something that makes a lot of money but it's something they don't genuinely love.

-I hate when people say "I don't have time" because we are all given the same number of hours in a day...it's how you chose to apropriate the time that matters. I mean people that are genuinely busy probably don't say that. It's the lazy mofos who play online games that say "oh well I don't have time to volunteer" or something equally lame.

-I have a problem with phone calls. If someone doesn't call me back and I feel they should have, I will go ahead and call them back. It's a bad habit...

My social life has become virtually nonexistant this summer because
1. I work too much (little free time)
2. I really only keep up with 1 of my high school friends, and that's my best friend who has been living in South Carolina.
3. My college friends are scattered
4. I don't feel like hanging out with my friends who are here because no joke, they get wasted every night.

And for some reason, this doesn't really bother me that much. :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
I'm terrified of Europe, but I love airplanes.

:lol:

- this morning i made £3 for taking out 5mins to scan a picture.

- i was verbally abused on Xbox Live lastnight.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Is this another new feature of the X-Box? :shifty:

I'm totally making a game console that makes fun of you if you lose a game... :drool:

:lol:

no, it was just some tosser who got high on himself because i was on his team, which lost, and i was the first person to get shot.

so he called me all the names under the sun then booted me.

Sloane Peterson said:

-My best friend is moving to Chicago tomorrow...and I truly feel I am going to be lost without him. I just don't know how I am going to cope with not seeing his face at least everyday. Even though I have other great friends, I honestly think he understands me better than any of them.

if you stay in touch you'll be fine...I moved nearly four hours away from my best friend for high school, and we talked online all the time, called each other, and still managed to hang out at least a few times a year. It took awhile to get used to not having him by my side (and I'm kinda goin through that again because one of my best friends went to basic training - I can't even be in contact with him!), but eventually I did.

AtomicBono said:

if you stay in touch you'll be fine...I moved nearly four hours away from my best friend for high school, and we talked online all the time, called each other, and still managed to hang out at least a few times a year. It took awhile to get used to not having him by my side (and I'm kinda goin through that again because one of my best friends went to basic training - I can't even be in contact with him!), but eventually I did.

Thanks! He moved from Chicago about 6 years ago and he still kept in contact with his friends from there, so I am confident that we will continue to visit, etc. With the Internet and technology these days, keeping in touch is not a huge problem anymore.

Sloane Peterson said:
-I cannot stand people that do not have a passion. Whether it's comic books, cooking, or internal medicine, I LOVE to see people genuinely loving what they do and doing what they love.

-It IRKS me so much to hear people say they are going to college to do something that makes a lot of money but it's something they don't genuinely love.

I'm the same way! I really wish more of my friends were this way. I can't stand to see them just doing...nothing!

I color with crayons a lot.

I'm afraid to be happy and successful, even though that's exactly what I want. :lol:

I'm even more afraid to be depressed and a failure. :shrug:

My I :heart: Jim Halpert shirt came in the mail today! :hyper:

VertigoGal said:
-I have lots of confessions that would change the way people see me a lot so I won't confess here.

FitzChivalry said:

Sadly, I'm with you on this one. :|

-I have to confess that when I hear stuff like this on Interference it really bothers me for days afterwards even though I've never met any of you. There is real beauty in some people here that wouldn't be changed no matter what was revealed about them. Especially you two. :hug: It hurts me whenever I read about someone being down because no one here deserves that. You are all wonderful people inside. Hopefully, the kind people here remind you of that. :)

VertigoGal said:

-I have lots of confessions that would change the way people see me a lot so I won't confess here.

that's a good idea, haha. say some, but don't tell all.

Today, I went to a bridge in a park near where I live. Earlier, I had noticed that someone wrote My Chemical Romance lyrics and that inspired me to write "Leave a Note. Share a Secret." on the bridge. Then I wrote one of my own, and a few other ones in disguised handwriting to encourage others to write some too. I'm going to go back in a few weeks to see if anyone wrote something. Pray that I don't get caught and charged with vandelism. :lmao:

I used to have a big crush on one of my best friends, now I like her best friend, who's in turn one of my good friends. It's complicated.

Screwtape2 said:

-I have to confess that when I hear stuff like this on Interference it really bothers me for days afterwards even though I've never met any of you. There is real beauty in some people here that wouldn't be changed no matter what was revealed about them. Especially you two. :hug: It hurts me whenever I read about someone being down because no one here deserves that. You are all wonderful people inside. Hopefully, the kind people here remind you of that. :)

While I agree with you on most of this, there are certain confessions that would be way too revealing, I know I have a few.

now I'm intrigued about LMP and Fitz. I admit, my deepest darkest confession is that I'm addicted to gum. it's nasty. seriously. especially the stride citrus variety. the flavor lasts forever, and I'm *still* going for a new piece every 10 minutes. anyway go ahead now and share. :angry:

screwtape=unexplainably kind. :heart:

LemonMacPhisto said:
While I agree with you on most of this, there are certain confessions that would be way too revealing, I know I have a few.

I'm not suggesting anyone reveal anything. I just hope they realize that those things can't change how amazing they are. Life isn't pretty but the way you continue on is what defines you. Based on that Fitz, VG, you and so many others are truly amazing and special. Nothing can change that and that's all I'm saying. :hug:

Screwtape2 said:

:hug: :wink:

Thanks for that. It's nice to be reminded now and again that I am a good person. And I know I am a decent person. But I also have made, and am currently making, my fair share of mistakes and things I'm not proud of. There are some warts I am reticent to reveal to my best friend of 16 years (though eventually I do reveal them), let alone in a mass mailing on the largest U2 fanboard on the world wide web.

I'd hate to be traveling in Europe one day, bump into someone, discover our mutual love for U2 and a few pints down the line have them go, "Oh, I know you! You're that guy that . . . "

That would be awkward. :|

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not suggesting anyone reveal anything. I just hope they realize that those things can't change how amazing they are. Life isn't pretty but the way you continue on is what defines you. Based on that Fitz, VG, you and so many others are truly amazing and special. Nothing can change that and that's all I'm saying. :hug:

Thanks, man. You really are too kind.

Yeah, my confession is worse than gum, although I'm really addicted to that stuff. I can go through an entire pack in a day.

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Today, I went to a bridge in a park near where I live. Earlier, I had noticed that someone wrote My Chemical Romance lyrics and that inspired me to write "Leave a Note. Share a Secret." on the bridge. Then I wrote one of my own, and a few other ones in disguised handwriting to encourage others to write some too. I'm going to go back in a few weeks to see if anyone wrote something. Pray that I don't get caught and charged with vandelism. :lmao:

Have you ever seen this site?

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

I think it's really cool... it actually inspired that All-American Rejects video, "Dirty Little Secret."

FitzChivalry said:

:hug: :wink:

Thanks for that. It's nice to be reminded now and again that I am a good person. And I know I am a decent person. But I also have made, and am currently making, my fair share of mistakes and things I'm not proud of.

You really are a good person, Fitz. Life is never meant to be lived in any clean or perfect way. Kindness and the courage to go on will always be stronger than any mistake in the past or present. You have both so whatever comes will never touch the beauty in you. In your wake is not simply mistakes but a trail of kindness. You should always remember that. :)

VertigoGal said:

screwtape=unexplainably kind. :heart:

No, you are the unexplainably kind one. Fitz, LMP and you are far more deserving of that description than me. :)

The same thing that I told Fitz can be said of you. You are a kind, compassionate person. Nothing in the past or present can change that. :hug:

AtomicBono said:

Have you ever seen this site?

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

I think it's really cool... it actually inspired that All-American Rejects video, "Dirty Little Secret."

that site is really cool. I think they used to have the complete archives up (I could probably waste hours...) but it seems like now they only show the most recent ones from the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom