Random Factoids and Confessions: Vol. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
:D

Continue people.

My confession is that I'm don't really want to go back on msn and chat that girl I was talking about in the part two thread...

For shits and giggles:

COBL_04 91
U2democrat 72
cinnaminson 56
mysterious_jen 53
zuropa_fit 51
Galeongirl 50
U2isthebest 39
The Sad Punk 35
onebloodonelife 32
love_u2_adam 29
A_Wanderer 22
iloveedge 20
Angela Harlem 20
anitram 19
discothequeLP 17
angelordevil 17
EdgeIsTooSexy 17
corianderstem 16
elevated_u2_fan 16
RedRocksU2 16
Lemonchick 15
Vincent Vega 13
Diemen 13
Canadiens1160 11
Varitek 11
VertigoGal 10
Lara Mullen 9
LarryMullen's POPAngel 9
AtomicBono 9
Carek1230 9
*browneyedgirl* 9
bonocomet 8
Lila64 8
Kiki 7
kafrun 7
MooMoo! 6
cruzila 6
phillyfan26 6
bonoishot 5
No spoken words 5
unico 5
U2Girl416 5
The Disciple 5
Zootlesque 4
last unicorn 4
achtung_girl 4
icelle 4
Mr. BAW 4
blueeyedgirl 4
Ava79 4
MrPryck2U 3
JanuaryStar 3
neutral 3
LemonMelon 3
randhail 3
Purplereign 3
gvox 3
Acrobat_Al 3
forbonou2 3
She Is Raging 2
indra 2
Total U2 Nut 2
Notabene 2
beegee 2
UberBeaver 2
KhanadaRhodes 2
waynetravis 2
Sicy 2
MrsSpringsteen 2
jobob 2
flybabe 2
mandy1973 2
Babydoll 2
~BrightestStar~ 2
Got Philk? 2
snowbunny00774 2
partygirlvox 2
major_panic 2
Reggie Thee Dog 1
sue4u2 1
dazzlingamy 1
Aidan O'Leary 1
diamond 1
Techie2000 1
daygloeyes2 1
Serena Vox 1
dsmith2904 1
Pearl 1
LemonMacPhisto 1
VintagePunk 1
vaz02 1
gareth brown 1
absintheminded 1
AngelofHarlem01 1
U2Girl1978 1
RavenBlue 1
europop2005 1
Saracene 1
meegannie 1
agentmissa 1
Liesje 1
nozomi 1
lynnok 1
night_and_day66 1
DreamOutLoud13 1
gluey 1

Enjoy!

wow lots of people posted in the thread :lol:

anyway, I think especially when you're doing a titration you shouldn't be disturbed! One distraction and you can start over :crack:
:wink: if they tried to be like that guy over here during a practical assignment they'd get kicked out!

:wave:

Well cos it was a study class, and the mood was a bit laid back, cos we were doing a titration and not actual written notes... but then when I was trying to do work this kid kept fucking around. But the teacher wasn't doing much either.

Relaxed class or not, if someone is there purely to mess about and it was my classroom I'd remove him. It's not fair to people like you who want to do well and I wouldn't have done my job properly if you came out of a class and still didn't understand something that you wanted to learn.

Are there any revision websites that might help you? When is the exam? :hug:

Wow you kept track?

I'm not allowed to wear logos or printed tees at work, but I'm wearing my ancient (older than I am) Under A Blood Red Sky shirt b/c I was late this morning at it was on the top of the pile.

Wow you kept track?

I'm not allowed to wear logos or printed tees at work, but I'm wearing my ancient (older than I am) Under A Blood Red Sky shirt b/c I was late this morning at it was on the top of the pile.

If you click on the number of replies a box opens up saying who posted and how many times.

wow lots of people posted in the thread :lol:

anyway, I think especially when you're doing a titration you shouldn't be disturbed! One distraction and you can start over :crack:
:wink: if they tried to be like that guy over here during a practical assignment they'd get kicked out!

Yeah that's what I thought... in the end the class was that laid back we didn't even do it properly, we ended up getting the answers off another group. The parts I stuff up on the exam are the errors, like it'll say if you rinse the burette with water, what effect will that have on the reading :blah:

Hopefully I beat him on the exam (not sure I will though - he's the type of kid to sit there in class, look, act and talk like an idiot, pretending he doesn't know a thing, and then on the exam he'll walk out with a B) and that will shove it up him :D

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . what exactly is a titration and why should you not be disturbed when performing one?:confused:

You have to be very careful because every minute drop of solution is actually very important. Precision is the name of the game.

Sadly the most exciting thing that happens is a colour change, there's no explosions. In fact, there's been so few explosions in Chem these past two years it's been very disappointing.

Relaxed class or not, if someone is there purely to mess about and it was my classroom I'd remove him. It's not fair to people like you who want to do well and I wouldn't have done my job properly if you came out of a class and still didn't understand something that you wanted to learn.

Are there any revision websites that might help you? When is the exam? :hug:

The exam's in about six days, I think I should be right. I'm very confident I'll pass, it's just whether I get a D or C :lol: but thanks :hug:

hmmmm im just a sin full person... lol im quite the bitch too :hmm:

please explain :wink:

my confession - I'm super proud to be no 3rd on the list :yippie:

I was surprised i made it to #1 :scratch:

I smoked a lot of a cigar today. I never smoke! I feel bad now... smoking isn't good at all! And it def. doesn't agree with me. :madspit::sick: Why did I do it?

Yeah that's what I thought... in the end the class was that laid back we didn't even do it properly, we ended up getting the answers off another group. The parts I stuff up on the exam are the errors, like it'll say if you rinse the burette with water, what effect will that have on the reading :blah:

well, that makes a big difference if you're doing acid/alkaline titrations! cause water is a reactive liquid in that way, as in H20 -> OH- + H+
so that can mess up the reading..

Some of my fellow med students are complete douchebags. As an example, we setup a class email account for the purpose of posting some resources - powerpoints, helpful websites, etc. Well last night a classmate sent out an email saying that she just posted something that will be very helpful for our national board exams coming. Exactly 22 minutes later, another email went out saying that the password had been changed to the account. WTF? I don't even think an 8 year old would do something like that. We're going to be caretakers of our fellow humans and people stoop to that level? The best part of this is that I go to a school that is not known for being cut throat like that. Who knows how bad it gets at the big schools like Harvard or Hopkins.

I hit a deer today...

it knocked the rearview mirror on my side into my face :crack: now i look like my daddy beats me with lacerations and a bruise under my eye

i'm okay though

no permanent injuries

the deer fared worse

:lmao:

well, that makes a big difference if you're doing acid/alkaline titrations! cause water is a reactive liquid in that way, as in H20 -> OH- + H+
so that can mess up the reading..

Yeah, I think I've just gotta read the questions carefully and think about it logically... am I right in saying that burette and pipette have to be rinsed with the substance which is analysed in them?? And that washing conical/volumetric flasks with water won't make a difference?? :crazy:

I dropped maths last year.... and then I chose Chem :lol:

There's to much :wink:

aahhaah i love it. its like 100% me

:lmao: you dont sound overly shattered.

Yeah, I think I've just gotta read the questions carefully and think about it logically... am I right in saying that burette and pipette have to be rinsed with the substance which is analysed in them?? And that washing conical/volumetric flasks with water won't make a difference?? :crazy:

I dropped maths last year.... and then I chose Chem :lol:

:lmao: you dont sound overly shattered.

yep, you rinse them with the substance you intend to put in it later, that way you're sure that the fluid in the burette IS 100% the fluid you want!
well, the flasks would make a difference aswell, the best way to clean those would be with acetone, since that'll dry in air really soon and won't leave any substance in the flask :)

And Carlos, don't make me go all super and subscript on yoU!

Last edited:
I am fed up looking for work, I've been trying since March. There aren't many jobs but I'm applying for everything. Mostly there are a lot of part-time, temporary posts but I need to get something. I'm not fussy. Most places don't bother sending a rejection letter but today I got this classic:

Dear Mrs.S,

Thank you for your application. The situation at the moment is that it will be a part time teaching load only for which we probably can cope with an internal solution. Also, you will not be able to survive on a part time salary.

1. Why even advertise the job if you're able to find a teacher already.
2. It's rude to tell me what amount of money I need. That's none of their business. If I got something part-time I'd find work for the days I'm not working. For all they know I could be really rich and just want a part-time job. :D
3. I am not married. This was stated on the cover letter, application and my CV which I'm guessing you didn't even bother to look at.

:sigh:

I hit a deer today...

it knocked the rearview mirror on my side into my face :crack: now i look like my daddy beats me with lacerations and a bruise under my eye

i'm okay though

no permanent injuries

the deer fared worse

Ouch! Good thing you're ok! How's the deer? :ohmy:

I cried like a little girl watching P.S. I Love You last night ...by myself. :reject:

Did the same thing when I watched it...it's so sad and cute :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom