Radiohead confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you joyfulgirl.....my thoughts are in your words!

I believe it is ADD or something...the thing that does not allow me to pick the correct word to use...they just fly out of this fat head...all out of order, excited little words...with great speed, and little care.

Except for the Coldplay stuff, of course. I like them. I almost feel that they are a stepping stone for me to Coldplay. I find all of the this music horribly similar to the stuff I fell in love with more than 10 years ago (the Manchester scene...). I can't make out Thom lyrics...much like I can't nake out Stone Roses or Ride lyircs. And then to go back deeper.....pick up a Donovan, maybe even Beetles...and you hear the similar sounds. Where does it all beign? :shrug: I just tink it is hard to say that the sounds are THAT different. But I love em. It the feeling inside us....that connection the band is amking with us, and that we are making with them. ART!

In fairness, I haven't really given Coldplay much of a chance. I just haven't been drawn to what I've heard and Radiohead seems to be in a different league. But I don't know...I could be wrong. :shrug:

zoney, I bet you have a lot of air signs in your astrological birthchart. They think faster than they can get the words out. That's my analysis. Thank you for not laughing.:p

Coldplay and Radiohead are not similar.. at all. The only similarities I see are on The Bends.

Angela, I think you should download How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque, and The National Anthem. (yes.. I love Kid A. lol.) And High And Dry is gorgeous, too. Thom's voice sounds great on that song.

You want get into Radiohead start at the top, buy The Bends. One of the best rock records of the 90's. Then get OK Computer. Starting with the last few records of cold, disjointed music will just throw you off from the fact Radiohead used to write good songs.

angie !!!!!!!!!!! !!!! ! !

d/l Bell Bottoms, Wail and 2kindsalove from the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion and get ready to rock

KhanadaRhodes said:
i should start my own IO thread about being the only person on interference who doesn't like radiohead and/or coldplay.

I can't stand Radiohead, either. :der: :barf:

The Bends is in my top 10 albums of all time. I would rather nail my hand to the wall than listen to Kid A or Amnesiac.

A friend told me that Hail to the Thief was more like the Bends than their recent stuff.

So I went and bought it.... and now I have to go shove the CD up my friends ass.

Ok, it's not completely horrible. Not as bad as the last 2, but very dissapointing compared to what I was expecting.

2+2=5
There There
Go to Sleep
Punch Up at a Wedding

These are listenable. I just don't think I will even choose to listen to those much.

I'm gonna go pop in Elephant, or maybe even the new Fountains of Wayne and cleanse myself.

I never said they are boring
neither that I really dislike them
when I hear one of their songs more than a few times they just don't do anything for me (except for paranoid android and creep, which songs I never liked to begin with)

I learned to focus my anger on them because of Interference

I can understand salomes distaste.

I tend to be the same way when everyone and their dog is raving about a band which I do not particularily think worth raving about.

For example, if there were 100 threads around here about how amazing metallica is I think I would leave interference. I realize that they have their place in music history but I am not a fan. I believe this may be a similar situation for many people here.

All the same, I DO think radiohead has a large place in music history. They, I believe, are single-handedly responsible for the "second" british invasion.
Coldplay, Travis, Doves, Elbow, Starsailor and countless others are so obviously influenced by Radiohead it is almost ridiculous!

well bassy as to your metallica remarks: i agree. i would leave a.s.a.p. and join another board.

but com'on, its not the same when it comes to radiohead. you have to agree that everyone should accept that they are soooo relevant that its only normal that they are being discussed in great detail in here. :wink:

Flaming Friar Sr said:
you have to agree that everyone should accept that they are soooo relevant that its only normal that they are being discussed in great detail in here. :wink:

hahahaha......this is what I'm talking about, brother! this is what will get under the skin of the salomites :wink:

Basstrap said:
All the same, I DO think radiohead has a large place in music history. They, I believe, are single-handedly responsible for the "second" british invasion.
Coldplay, Travis, Doves, Elbow, Starsailor and countless others are so obviously influenced by Radiohead it is almost ridiculous!
I don't really like any of those bands either though

so to me that almost comes down to saying (on an entirely different level though) that the spice girls were relevant because of all the girl (and boy) bands that followed them
one could even argue that Britney Spears & Co are indebted to the spice girls

anyways, radiohead's music doesn't do much to me
and relevance in music has been a non issue since the mid 70's IMO

Before Take That, there were others. Mr Big was before them, and before them was Wham! I'm sure preceding Wham! there were also others. Infact, my memory can only take me back to the village people. Who was before them?
I say we blame the Village People for this 'group pop' phenomenon.
I think its my fault the thread derailed. Apologies.

Basstrap said:

I doubt that they would say Radiohead was an influence....Bassy, old boy...I wish I had a way to burn you some Stone Roses, Ride, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, etc. etc. etc. etc. IF anything influenced these bands it would have been these bands that were playing when folks like the boys in Doves and Elbow were younger. And then further back, like the Who and Stones and etc. etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom