Question for Married Folks, or anyone with a opinion I guess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry you are having a rough time right now :hug: I don't think it's the best time to make life-altering decisions (like what martha said about going to war). As for waiting 3 weeks to get into therapy, have you checked any local colleges? I know my friend who is a psychologist would see clients while she was in school, and it was a reduced rate if I remember correctly. Might be worth looking into. :shrug:

And I'm sure your parents mean well, but I can totally understand how what they are doing could drive you nuts. I think the advice you got about limiting what information you tell them was very good. It's none of their business how much money you earn, etc. You are a grown man! It sounds like you can make major purchases on your own as well. Damn salespeople ruin it for browsers sometimes :mad: You'll get your bed when the time is right. Doesn't sound like there's an urgency, and with the holidays coming, there sales galore for the next 4-8 weeks. And January is usually the semi-annual mattress sale time, if I recall correctly. Just watch the papers.

I know my mother-in-law, who means well, still says things which drive me crazy. Like telling my husband how to do something or asking if he's ever cooked a certain dish or whatever (something basic). He's 51 frickin' years old. I think he knows how to cook us a meal and do laundry, etc.

I don't have much else advice wise to give you, but am here to listen (read) whenever you need to vent. :hug:

Take your time now, thats exactly what you need and have with no interference from her. Your divorce isn't even final yet, so you can't make decisions for the rest of your life yet. And for Gods sake the military isn't the answer. Think of it this way, its the first time your on your own and you are your only responsibility. January is on its way, make a fresh start in a new year!!!

We're all here for you! :hug:

There's been 4 months of opportunities for her.

I don't know what to do. Of course I'll take what opinions I've read, and from my friends I have in person.

Do I think we made a mistake? Don't know but it's looking that way. I don't know if anyone has been in these shoes, but I don't think this is quite as easy as just breaking up a g/f b/f.

I would really like to discuss this with our counselor, at least have some sort of 3rd party around. If it's just us two, then emotions get out of hand and it turns more into a fight then anything productive.

I geuss I'll see how she is doing tonight. Part of me wonders if splitting up would actually help her depression. It would force her to get a job (or keep one) and it would also force her to fend for herself, instead of relying on a roommate or husband. This way she's providing for herself, and maybe it proves that she is capable of doing something with her life. That she isn't a worthless piece of crap.

It could also be worse for her too. Last thing I would want to see happen is that she goes into a deep, deep funk and end up hurting herself.

Excuse me for diving in the past, but I am going through a similar thing now. Wife is not working, planning on applying for a degree course.

However, there is often an assumption that we should have spoken about this before marriage. The fact is we did, but people (in this case a woman) find that they expect things to be far easier after marriage, that I would not want kids, that she would not really have to work.

However, she is also really depressed as the real world slightly closes in and needs someone more than ever.

To the OP,

I have a feeling that she's using you to maintain herself and solve her economic problems.

You guys have only known each other for 1.5 years and have been married for 6 months. 1 year is very little time to know a person and get married.

Back
Top Bottom