Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingofsorrow, I do know what it's like to raise a child. I'm not going to say that I know how to do it perfectly or how to do it firsthand, but I have an idea.
My mother was a single mother for a long time, and having had me at seventeen, I was old enough to take care of my siblings for days on end.
I was eleven years old when my mother took off to I don't know where, and I had my week old brother to take care of. There was just a baby book on the shelf and my sister and I bathed, fed him, and changed his diapers.
That's not all to parenting though. There is financial accountability, and I already have a daycare in mind, I live with my roommate who is a mother and she said she would help me take my child back and forth to the daycare, the same daycare that gave 12 years worth to my brother and my sister without any problems. I know it's $1000 a month and there is no program for me because I make too much money to be on any sort of government financial support.
I have health and life insurance all set up, when the baby is born, I'm changing it to him/her being my main beneficiary.
My salary can cover daycare and day to day costs. Already my mother is planning a HUGE baby shower, this is her first grandchild and she is really excited. All of her friends and sisters have all been grandparents for quite some time and she's happy.
My sister is now twelve and she LOVES kids. She is also unimaginably happy to be an aunt, she said to me, "Now I want the baby around ALL THE TIME!" My cousin just had a baby, and she's four months old and my sister didn't let the baby out of her sight, she changed her diaper, fed and burped her and held her constantly. Everyone looked at me and said, "Looks like someone wants to be an aunt!" I scowled.
I live with my roommate and her husband, we have a fairly big duplex, but she said that once I have the baby, we should move to a bigger three bedroom home and when the child becomes a toddler, I'd want a fenced yard.
Now the only thing is, I work a lot, and when I say a lot, I work 80-90 hours a week. I own a business and I work in the oil industry. I love both jobs to death and I'm going to sacrifice one of them.

I do believe in love and marriage, despite my views on infidelity. I fully understand that marriage is hard work and sometimes one can slip up. I've just become so cynical and jaded due to my own indiscretions that it's hard for me to believe that there is a person out there that lives up to his promises and vows. I've been cheated on, dumped, left, I know what it feels like.
I know I'm a flawed person, I'm not perfect, never said I was. I know I'm going to make a million more mistakes in life. I know a lot of people will dislike me for it. Or for whatever reason that they will find. I know my child will grow up and say one day, "I hate you!" I know I'm idiotic for falling for a married man and continuing the relationship for as long as I have. I know I'm going to have a lot of setbacks and problems and issues. I know I'm a bitch for stealing another woman's man. I know I'm a slut because I take advantage of men and abuse my position. I know I'm a horrible daughter because I blame my mother for my mistakes. I'm a horrible citisen because I've broken the law, three times!
I'm a horrible best friend because instead of calling someone to hear about their life, I can't wait to divulge the news on myself.
I'm a horrible girlfriend because I think about Matthew when I'm out with him.
I'm horrible at tipping- I can never figure out what is proper so I just round it off. Sometimes it's a lot, but sometimes it's not.
I'm a horrible cook, I made scrambled pancakes.
I'm a horrible coworker, I put fake snakes and whoopee cushions in people's beds and squirt them with a squirt gun from a closed door, and I jump out from doors and yell boo!
I HATE washing pots and pans and if that means putting them in the dishwasher three or four times, so well then be it.

Hey... but at least I recycle.

Sometimes.

wow, i haven't visited this thread in a couple days, and some of you are being really harsh.

I find it incredibly sad how you couldn't even find the common decency to end things with this guy. You've completely destroyed the marriage by sleeping with this guy and then getting pregnant. I feel for this wife. Even though it works both ways you could have just ended it after finding out he was engaged, married whatever. But you didn't. I have no sympathy for you at all.

Honest to god, you are a drama queen. I remember you from when you used to post under your old name. So much drama in your life and you bring it on here and you wonder why people call you names and such. You absolutely thrive on this crap.

Wow, five pages, most of them bashing me to bits and over a thousand views.

I'm not the only drama queen that thrives on this shit, apparently.
:applaud:

NO, I did not post this thread for people to pity me or baby me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I know what this forum is like! I was prepping myself for the glares that I would get when people would ask about the baby. Thickening of the skin, if you will.

But most normal people deal with day to day life in person not hiding behind the security of a computer where they are brash with words they would never normally say to a person face-to-face.
So I don't think I have to deal with being called an idiot, not to my face anyway, by people that feel better about themselves by belittling a TOTAL STRANGER on an internet forum.
I remember this forum quite well. As you do me.

I never come on here expecting decency.

All the decent people are here at work, or are my friends, or acquaintances.

Being belittled on a forum by people that haven't even met me does not really bother me at all, I'm at most amused, but I do not thrive on it. Huh. Seriously.

Quick google search revealed quite a wide swath of numbers:

50% married women cheat
60% married men cheat
Percentage Of Married Couples Who Cheat

45-55% women
50-60% men
Cheating and Infidelity Statistics: Are Men Cheating More Than Women? by Stephany Alexander

16% women
20% men
Cheating Statistics on husband or wives or girlfriends and boyfriends

14% women
22% men
Infidelity Statistics - Cheating Spouse Statistics

The highest number I saw for men was 50-70%. And again, it's extremely hard to verify those kinds of numbers, since it's such a secretive and potentially damaging question they're asking. Still, 4 out of 5 would indicate that 80% of men cheat, and that's just plain BS.

Also notice that the percentages of women who cheat weren't drastically lower.

To be honest, I'm surprised one hasn't exclaimed WHORE or ADULTERER at me yet.

Because it's not acceptable on this forum, because a lot of people won't stoop to that level, etc. But really, you can't be surprised if you get that attitude to a certain degree.. right?

So rather than getting caught up with what some people think, maybe you should do what's right for yourself, which as several people here have suggested, would be to end eight years of madness and focus on your child.

:shrug:

I don't think you came her for anyones opinions but the ones agreeing with your own point of view. Sofar every other response has gotten a bitchy response from you.

Why even post in this thread when you already know what you're going to do with your fucked up life?

Oh right, the drama. That's always lovely.

absintheminded/xtal etc.,

You have posted a lot of crazy things here over the years and the threads always end up the same way. You don't seem to participate in this forum other than to pop up once in a while and post some dramatic story about your 'life'. I understand completely why you are receiving the responses you are, but I don't feel that any good is coming out of this and since you're just going to keep getting ripped apart and attacked, it should not continue (even though it doesnt really seem to bother you, which says a lot).

May I suggest you ask for advice elsewhere. I don't think you're going to find the answers you're looking for here.

If you want to address anyone else in this thread feel free to do so via pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom