prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In fact, my next painting is going to be a protest against all of this nastiness. It's the only thing I can do. In the words of John Lennon, whatever gets you through the night............it's all right.

Last edited:
ehm,..do you need to chose between Turkey and U2 ? Go for Turkey,...go to a place where you dreamed of for years and the change of environment will do you good. :up:

And all this U2 shit is out of your hands anyway, you should only care about the things you can change yourself, and whining U2 fans who don`t like the new album, don`t can visit more than one show, and thinking they have more rights as other fans, is not something you can change. :hug:

I know, it sounds simple but it is the only way i can explain my feeling about your situation.

Take care and try not to worry to much,..it will make you blind for the wonderful things you do, have and will get in the future.

BTW, if you decide to go to Turkey going through amsterdam, i know that the old fart dutch interference group would happy to show you around a little . :wink:

Yes, I have to choose between U2 and Turkey, and I agree with you, Rono, I'm picking Turkey. Like I said, I've seen U2 four times. It's been wonderful, but this is my chance to see the Ayasofia Museum, the Blue Mosque, Ephesus, Antalya, a caravanserai, Konya, Ankara, this tour package includes a folklore evening and dinner in an underground cave in Cappadocia...........wow! The trip of a lifetime! I haven't made any of my plans yet, I need to check on the best time to go and all of that jazz. If I'm coming through Amsterdam I'll be sure to let you know!

Last edited:
verte76 said:
this is my chance to see the Ayasofia Museum, the Blue Mosque, Ephesus, Antalya, a caravanserai, Konya, Ankara, this tour package includes a folklore evening and dinner in an underground cave in Cappadocia...........wow! The trip of a lifetime!

:drool:

:greenwithenvy:

Rono, I also agree that this ticket fiasco is absolutely beyond my control. I can't fix this problem. I can't do anything about the Ticketbastard Monopoly Monster or Fanfuck. Actually, the most frustrating part of the whole thing is my powerlessness over this mess. If the f:censored:g government had broken up the Ticketmaster Monopoly Monster this wouldn't have happened. I guess it just goes to show that you can't trust politicians to solve the world's problems. We have to figure out some way. Somehow we need to put up a collective stink over this. Hey, a protest idea! Let's protest! Who can we e-mail?

Last edited:
Hope is on the way! I had a very fruitful talk with my therapist. I initially dreaded it, because I've always actually been rather shy about my U2 fandom. Talking about the graphics was indeed difficult. The thing that makes this stuff really hard isn't a typical depression thing, it's strictly an Aspie (someone with Asperger's Syndrome) thing. We are people of routine and sameness and change really is upsetting. Well, to say that there's been a change in being a U2 fan over the past week is an understatement. I'm about to lose one of my favorite picture sites. My therapist understood, and told me, and she also left a message on my shrink's message machine to call me tonight to arrange for a way to get me through this change without something horrible happening. After awhile the vacuum will be filled and I'll be used to the change and then everything will be OK.

I am so sorry for your depression. I have had bouts too. But im reading your posts and even though this is your life and its hard to deal with, i cannot find much sympathy for you not seeing u2. I am going to say this is the nicest way possible because of your obviously sensitive situation. But instead of going to Turkey why not visit Asia, Thailand, India, or Malaysia. Im sure the fathers who had to bury their entire families and mothers who had to bury their children would love to exchange problems with you. I didnt get tickets either, and i have been a fan since 84. Dont give up hope, i wish you the best, but please dont hinge your life and emotions on 4 guys who dont even know of our exsistence.

PEACE

night_and_day66 said:
I am so sorry for your depression. I have had bouts too. But im reading your posts and even though this is your life and its hard to deal with, i cannot find much sympathy for you not seeing u2. I am going to say this is the nicest way possible because of your obviously sensitive situation. But instead of going to Turkey why not visit Asia, Thailand, India, or Malaysia. Im sure the fathers who had to bury their entire families and mothers who had to bury their children would love to exchange problems with you. I didnt get tickets either, and i have been a fan since 84. Dont give up hope, i wish you the best, but please dont hinge your life and emotions on 4 guys who dont even know of our exsistence.

PEACE

night_and_day, I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying. I'm not at all upset that I'm not seeing U2 this time. I didn't get tickets either; I didn't even try, because there was no Southern date and I can't afford to travel. This is not giving me these blahs, quite the opposite. I'm upset that there's been so much nastiness over this stuff. Yes, the guys made some humongous mistakes. This is why they are now offering refunds to people who weren't able to get tickets. I didn't qualify for this as I didn't try for tickets. I don't mind this, maybe things will work out for the next tour. I cannot imagine that U2 would get any sort of buzz off of their fans getting hurt. I recently did a painting called "Starshine", it was partially inspired by Bono's work in Africa. It's an imperfect star, the imperfection being visualized in a jarring, unsettling color scheme. None of the people I work with at the studio are U2 fans. That's OK, it'd be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff, but they don't have the inside scoop on the emotions of U2 fandom, which is very personal. So I put on my site that it was inspired by my work with the African Well Fund, which is not a lie and is easier for the general public to understand. For the record, I donated to both Mercy Corps and Oxfam for the tsunami victims. Many people all over the globe lost loved ones in that tragedy. Scandinavia was particularly hard hit as well as the Southeastern Asiatic countries themselves. I didn't lose any loved ones in the tsunami but it was a gut-wrencher. I saw piles of bodies on the evening news and it was so sad. It's so hard to explain why this Ticketmaster fiasco thing hurts me so much, but it's basically because I love these guys and I'm hurt and upset that people are saying such nasty, horrid and unforgiving things about them. I haven't even been able to listen to HTDAAB for a week. This is hellish, but I'm afraid of being even more hurt. I've been cursing the day of my birth. I'm probably going to wear black on my birthday, February 20, for mourning. This is so f:censored:g hard to explain because I'm the only U2 fan in my family and no one else really understands the emotions of this fandom because you've got to be one to feel the emotions. Additionally, the Asperger's Syndome is on my dad's side of the family and my mother can be sort of clueless when it comes to these issues. Her family has a history of depression and alcoholism, so I got a double dose of this stuff from my genepool. Sometimes it's hellish, sometimes it's not, but mostly for the last year it's been hellish, and I'm tired of it. Dead tired of it. I have no stomach for conflict. I know conflict is part of the human condition but if there were a law saying I had to like it I'd be doing life without parole. Thanks for listening.

I seriously completly understand. My post was not intended to upset, just kinda put things into perspective. I didnt even try either, for different reasons. I know the guys didnt set things up to turn out this way, its just that there is an overwhelming demand and not everyone is going to be happy with the outcome. I also can understand what effect your illness and familiy's illnesses have on you . I too, come from a family of alcoholics,but also drug abusers, mental instability and physical and sexual abuse.I was the youngest of 4 girls and had alot of anger taken out on me, from many sources. And because of my inability to speak up and out, i was singled out by male 'friends' of my mother, for molestation and abuse. There were times when she didnt come home for days and weeks, and my sisters and i had to fend for ourselves. Sometimes, the men would return, knowing my mom wasnt there, and use the key that she gave them, to enter at night. Besides the molesting, they stole our tv, our food, jewellry, anything they could. Can you imagine waking up with a grown stranger laying next to you in your moms bed. That happened to me. I m just telling you this because even though i did end up abusing myself (burning, cutting, overeating), I came out of it what id like to think, is a halfway decent person. I could have easily taken up a life of crime, lies, abuse of my own children, etc. But we all have choices and free will, thank God. And what we do with it, and how we handle our lives is mostly up to us. All i can say is, hang in there baby. We all have our rollercoaster rides.
I hope that you can enjoy what a gift the ride can sometimes be.
:hug:

Well, yes, there was a huge amount of demand and a finite amount of ticket supplies, and not everyone got exactly what they got. Hell, if you hate U2.com, you can get your money refunded. I'm worn out from all of this nastiness. The fact that some serious screw-ups were made is no excuse for this :censored:. I paid $20 myself, I'm just a crummy library worker and local-studio artist who's trying to go to Turkey. I didn't try for a ticket because I need a Southern date and there wasn't one. I'm not pitching something I've gotten so much comfort and solace from for 20+ years. If you want to do this, I respectfully ask that you stay out of my e-mail box, which is why I normally don't give out my e-mail addy in public. The way these fever-pitched emotions are going, I'd get my mailbox crashed if I got all of this :censored: in my mailbox. I've already posted why this whole thing is such a nightmare for someone with autism, as opposed to pure clinical depression, it's much harder for us to accept a change in something we love or are interested in because we're people of routine and sameness and change really freaks us out. For more information check out my Asperger's website here:

http://scholar76.tripod.com/compassion/

This has completely turned something that gives me alot of hope, solace and comfort inside out and I feel like when the people say these nasty things they are also saying the nasty things about me. My therapist, who is not a U2 fan, understood my feelings because of her training and insight. I understand that these guys have faults and are not perfect. Who is? I feel my imperfections acutely. I'm Catholic, but I'm hardly canonization material. Most people are not. God knew we were going to screw up the day He created us. And yet, he created us. Why? I don't know. Only He knows. He loves us and forgives us even when we are unworthy. As a Christian, I believe I'm supposed to try to follow His example, even though it's impossible to do this completely due to my human limitations.

I wish a higher percentage of the populace as a whole were good hypnosis subjects. I think studies show that only about 50% of the populace are, though, because it only works with people with a pretty good imagination. Why do I wish this? Because it calms fevered emotions like depression and disappointment. These things make life a hell for millions of people all over the world. That's unfortunate. Since not everyone makes a good hypnosis subject I would not recommend that just anyone order a hypnosis CD on ebay, even though I got an excellent one there that was much cheaper than an appointment with some high-priced hypnotherapist, these people can charge insane fees. It works for me because I have a vivid, intense imagination. Being artistically inclined has its advantages and disadvantages. This is an advantage. Thanks for all of the nice posts! I need them!

verte76 said:
Well, yes, there was a huge amount of demand and a finite amount of ticket supplies, and not everyone got exactly what they got. Hell, if you hate U2.com, you can get your money refunded. I'm worn out from all of this nastiness. The fact that some serious screw-ups were made is no excuse for this :censored:. I paid $20 myself, I'm just a crummy library worker and local-studio artist who's trying to go to Turkey. I didn't try for a ticket because I need a Southern date and there wasn't one. I'm not pitching something I've gotten so much comfort and solace from for 20+ years. If you want to do this, I respectfully ask that you stay out of my e-mail box, which is why I normally don't give out my e-mail addy in public. The way these fever-pitched emotions are going, I'd get my mailbox crashed if I got all of this :censored: in my mailbox. I've already posted why this whole thing is such a nightmare for someone with autism, as opposed to pure clinical depression, it's much harder for us to accept a change in something we love or are interested in because we're people of routine and sameness and change really freaks us out. For more information check out my Asperger's website here:

http://scholar76.tripod.com/compassion/

This has completely turned something that gives me alot of hope, solace and comfort inside out and I feel like when the people say these nasty things they are also saying the nasty things about me. My therapist, who is not a U2 fan, understood my feelings because of her training and insight. I understand that these guys have faults and are not perfect. Who is? I feel my imperfections acutely. I'm Catholic, but I'm hardly canonization material. Most people are not. God knew we were going to screw up the day He created us. And yet, he created us. Why? I don't know. Only He knows. He loves us and forgives us even when we are unworthy. As a Christian, I believe I'm supposed to try to follow His example, even though it's impossible to do this completely due to my human limitations.

My son has autism, and hes legally blind.
Even tho hes high functioning, life is not normal for us. Not only do i have to deal with this heartbreaking disability, i have a 15 year old son who is dealing with not having a 'normal' older brother, and a normal life.And because of his loss of sight, he will be dependant on me for the rest of my/his life. And while this does not bother me in the least, my son will never be married, never give me grandchildren, and will suffer the effects of a society that disregards the handicapped . He is 17 and was diagnosed at 1 1/2 years old. So i DO understand.Im wondering though,
Are you asking me to stop posting to you, im a little confused. If you are then just tell me and i wont waste your time.I dont know what fever pitched emotions you are refering to, i feel i have been sympathetic and honest.

Oh, my goodness, at least I'm not blind! That's horrible. The "fevered pitch emotions" I'm referring to are some of the emotions I've run into out there on some sites in reaction to the ticket fiasco. I don't blame these people for being upset, but they're not making the situation any better. They're making it worse by saying incredibly nasty things about U2. I also have a site with UFO stories for U2 fans that I started to write in 2000. I just wrote my first one in three and a half years, called "Neptunian UFO's Intervene in Squabble". It's on this site:

http://scholar76.tripod.com/ufostories/

They have a humorous side to them and a serious side. Sort of like ZooTV!

The only thing you've posted that I disagree with was that I was looking for sympathy because I can't see U2 this year. I am not. Quite the opposite. It's OK with me, I know I'm luckier than the tsunami victims.

Last edited:
I am going to mass at my church to ask St. Jude, my patron saint, to pray for me. He's the patron saint of desperate situations in case you're not Catholic or don't know. He's gotten me out of scrapes before and he'll get me out again. But my parents only have one grandchild themselves. None of us three girls were able to give them grandchildren for health reasons. A pregnancy would have killed one of my sisters. That grandchild is in Italy, she is for all intents and purposes Italian even though by heredity she is half American (she is the child of my brother's first marriage which broke up in a divorce).

dazzledbylight said:
how'd you come upon Ukranian folk music. It's not your every day kind of music, even for folk music. :hmm: :)

glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. :up:

I came across a CD of music with Ukrainian folk instruments in a catalogue about twelve years ago. I was getting heavily into Eastern European culture and art, so I ordered it. I love it! In fact, that and klezmer are all I can listen to now without getting really sad. Every time I try to listen to U2 it really hurts. This is hell because I love HTDAAB, I think it's brilliant. I'll just have to wait for this emotional mess to somehow heal. Right now everything seems so hopeless.

Good, great, wonderful, the Pope is in the hospital with something pretty nasty. I do not feel like losing the Pope now, to put it mildly. :sad: :(

Thanks everyone. What with all of the crud going on in my life right now, not only autism but also a stress-induced virus, I'm sorry, it's hard for me to feel too sorry for people who didn't get freakin' concert tickets. Neither did I. I'm not going to be able to, either. I always felt that if I didn't it wasn't the end of the world. If these guys had really sold out "Streets" would be a car commercial. I'm not about to throw something that's meant so much to me for decades into the trash. It doesn't belong there. I have spent my life reading about real evils, like Inquisitions, witch hunts, dynastic disputes, murders, court intrigues and more. I'm thinking of writing a paper about Dante's life. That guy had to spend his whole life in exile for a crime he didn't commit. Think about it. I'm afraid I think less of the human race than I did a week ago. All of this nastiness has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I hate to say this, but this is a time for honesty.

My mother says I have an attitude problem. This is most likely true. She pointed out that I've never had a thick skin and I've always been really easily hurt. This is what's really causing this pain. It's both internal and external. I'm really sorry about this, folks. You don't deserve to have to put up with my dirty laundry. I do think I have the right to be pissed off at some of this crud. I do think some people are taking it out on everyone and not just the guilty parties. This isn't fair. What did I do? Why penalize those of us who didn't do anything wrong? I'm sorry, this gets my goat big time. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom