Prayers, good thoughts, ear scwatches for my baby..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They said it may be a few weeks, but that all depends on what's causing it. Thanks for the info on the harnesses! I've been using that pink one to help guide her, but I'm going to look into those now. They would be perfect :hmm:

:hug: thanks for the update on Eve. What a sweet pic of her snoozing in her cute pink harness. We'll all keep thinking about her and hope that this might run its course for sure. I know firsthand how much these tests can really cost. Maybe we could have an Interference telethon to raise some funds for you if you need them!

I also agree with Lies that Ruffware has some good harnesses. They make great product.

kafrun said:
It's been so busy, I haven't had a chance to update. Puppy generally checked out fine with the vet. No obvious neurological defecits. The initial diagnosis was idiopathic vestibular syndrome. Basically something is affecting her balance and they don't know what it is :shrug: It could be anything from an inner ear infection to a stroke to a tumor. The good news is that most dogs are very resiliant will self-regulate and regain most of their motor skills within a few weeks. If not, she may need to go back for an MRI($$$$) :crazy: For now, she just needs lots of extra time and TLC. I have to carry her down the stairs and keep her from bumping into things and injuring herself, but she's still a happy pup.

That's what I thought it might be, IVS-but I didn't want to say anything until you got your official diagnosis. My dog is 14 and has had that twice now, two years in a row in 06 and 07 around Nov/Dec. The first time we thought it was a stroke and that she might even have to be put down, we took her to the vet and he diagnosed IVS. She had it for about a week then it was almost gone (same for the second time). She never needed any follow up or an MRI and she had not had a stroke or a tumor. The vet knew all about it and took out a book and explained it all, essentially if it's not a tumor or stroke related thing they don't know what causes it and most dogs do recover well. It is tough when they have it and to watch them go through it, hopefully Evie will be fine soon.

The Ruffwear will be more expensive than a normal walking harness, but it's a great harness, designed for dogs like SAR dogs or avalanche dogs that need to be lifted/dragged out of holes and crevasses. I think you can also use it just as a nice walking harness and I believe can be used as a pulling harness (dog pulls you on skis, skates, etc). They mention on their site that rehab centers use them on disabled dogs.

http://www.ruffwear.com/Web-Master-trade-Harness?sc=2&category=1131

kafrun said:
It's been so busy, I haven't had a chance to update. Puppy generally checked out fine with the vet. No obvious neurological defecits. The initial diagnosis was idiopathic vestibular syndrome. Basically something is affecting her balance and they don't know what it is :shrug: It could be anything from an inner ear infection to a stroke to a tumor. The good news is that most dogs are very resiliant will self-regulate and regain most of their motor skills within a few weeks. If not, she may need to go back for an MRI($$$$) :crazy: For now, she just needs lots of extra time and TLC. I have to carry her down the stairs and keep her from bumping into things and injuring herself, but she's still a happy pup.

My friend was remarking to me on the way in that she looked a bit like a drunk person. I supposed that makes sense :hmm: She stumbles everywhere, is beligerant at times - woofing and carrying on, and overly affectionate to anyone she meets at others. So please say a few prayers that Evie be able to overcome her alcohol addiction :pray: You can't change what you don't acknowledge, puppy :shame:

And thanks Carlos, I needed that :wink:

So its like when a person has Vertigo!! K, your dog is a vertigo dog!!!!

I am really glad its not a life threatening situation. I'm happy for you and Evie she's ok. :wink:

Carek - A telethon for Evie's expenses would be great :wink: I told her she needs to get a job, but she just rolled over and wanted her tummy rubbed :angry:

Z - No :tongue: I can still afford both, provided no MRIs are needed ><

MrsSpringsteen - It's reassuring to hear your experience with IVS. The vets have told me the same thing, that she may very well sort herself out within a few weeks. She hasn't gotten worse over the last two days, so that's a good sign I hope.

Hinder - Good idea. Evie loves you forever for suggesting it :wink:

Lies - That's awesome. I think that's exactly what I need. Thanks so much for the info.

JC - VertigoPuppy :rockon:

MJ - Thanks sweetie :hug: Big kisses from Evie.

Good news about Evie! I hope she has a smooth and complete recovery. :)

Evie is getting worse :( She can't stand or walk anymore and I've had to resort to carrying her up and down the stairs, as well as hand-feeding her. She's still got that little sparkle in her eyes, so I'm holding out hope that this is just running its course. She's back to the vet's next week, so I'll continue to update.. Please send happy puppy vibes her way :sigh:

That is so sad. I really really hate when the vets cant figure out what's wrong :( :hug:

Oh dear. I hope she starts to improve soon. Good thoughts coming your (and Evie's) way. :hug:

I'm pretty sure she had another stroke last night. She's deteriorating so rapidly, she doesn't even know where she is anymore. I have to let her go :(

:sigh: :sad:

We've already talked, Kaffy, so you know how I feel, but I'm so sorry.:sad: I'm here for you, and give Snugglebugglekins a kiss good-bye for me and tell her I :heart: her, and I'll miss her.

Back
Top Bottom