pop princesses are big-time losers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
One of the things I find funniest about these people with little or no talent is how they always go on about how "real" they are. LIke that Jennifer Lopez song "I'm Real"--the video makes me laugh because it makes me think it should be called "I'm Fake"!

By the way, this really isn't a confession
wink.gif

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
LIke that Jennifer Lopez song "I'm Real"--the video makes me laugh because it makes me think it should be called "I'm Fake"!

I heard on the radio this morning that that might not have been her singing those lyrics! lOL! I didn't hear the whole announcement, just that snippet.

My sister said she heard an interview w/ shakira and they asked her who she would like to meet and she said bono, that she wished she could sit down and talk with him about anything, religion, anti-violence, music, anything.

Join the club honey.
tongue.gif

But I agree, I hate the media marketing especially female music to us. Feck that!

------------------
I was like a two year old, wanting more....

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

My sister said she heard an interview w/ shakira and they asked her who she would like to meet and she said bono, that she wished she could sit down and talk with him about anything, religion, anti-violence, music, anything.

That's one thing (probably the only thing) I like about Shakira--she seems slightly more intelligent than the other pop girls. Meaning she can read past a third grade level.

Originally posted by meegannie:
That's one thing (probably the only thing) I like about Shakira--she seems slightly more intelligent than the other pop girls. Meaning she can read past a third grade level.

Britney & Christina Augascaryface are such compelete bimbos
mad.gif
mad.gif
yet they are worshipped
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

Only for their bodies! And not for real singing ability like Aretha Franklin. Now, there's a voice!

------------------
"Talent without discipline, is wasted."

The problem is, that even though Shakira may appear to be intelligent, the way she acts in the videos pulls her down to the Britney level. All the grinding, touching, etc. The atist become known for her looks than for her music, and that's wrong.

I can't stand her voice personally (the yodelling!!).

Everyone has an image to maintain.

I'm watching this thing on Shakira and it's so ridiculous, how these girls are preened to go out there and be adored and how they act like everyone there is just there to do every stupid, unimportant little thing they demand, and make them look beautiful because how they look is all that matters (sorry her voice SUCKS even worse in concert)..like what they're doing is all real!! I must be jealous or something, although that's hardly the emotion I feel, it's more like disgust

exactly. except they can't even hit the notes!
biggrin.gif

or at least Shakira can't. I'm sorry (well not really) but that girl sounds like a defective sheep.

Y?know, just the other day the very same thought randomly crossed my mind as I surfed in from the Yahoo homepage and they had some special link to MUSIC with slutty pics of Britney et al to lure you to the link. Basically the thought that crossed my mind was ?hmm, if you were an outside observer looking at our culture through what is portrayed in the media, you could easily make the assumption that ?looks? and ?musical talent? were codependent.? Blah. Apparently only beautiful people make music. Ugly people are not born with that ability.
rolleyes.gif

I think she sings better in spanish. Her first to albums were, but she had to do the Latin invasion thing. It is just like the British invasion. To get the good we have to except the bad sometimes.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Apparently only beautiful people make music. Ugly people are not born with that ability.

BC: That's how people seem to think. I was in the choir and did a lot of singing in high school. My instructor loved my voice and wanted me to try out for the musicals, but I never did because I didn't think I was pretty enough to be on stage. He ended up asking me to play a nun in the "Sound of Music", and I only accepted because I'd be covered up so well on stage in the nun outfit. He wanted me to go to a music school and major in Voice, but I knew that it didn't matter if I could sing or not because I would never have the look of a singer.

drgn: *thinks Britney and those girls are fake and therefore unattractive*

whoops, look at this pop bashing thread I started!! that's why its a confession Scattero
biggrin.gif

the thing that annoyed me most of all was the little fit she threw backstage because of her hair or clothes, or something; like it really matters that much to treat the people who are acting like servants to you like complete shit. there's just something that's wrong with that.

I can't stand a lot of their music either, but that's just personal taste, it's more the lifestyle that I find infuriating. and I've never heard her actual Spanish stuff, I'm sure it is a lot better!

<---an average joe

not a really genuinely nice thing to do...

but i've always thought how cool it'd be to reject/cold shoulder/blow off any of these pop princesses. i don't think i could stop laughing for years to come if some average joe would answer, "yeah, i'll call you..."

*snicker snicker

this would also be funny to see a boybander be burnt by a sarah plain and tall

by the nicknames i mean only compliments because we're all beautiful in our own ways. to be brainwashed into the mold of the immediate desire of society is something i don't think i'd wish on anybody.

lmao @ sarah plain and tall. I loved that book once upon a time.

What about sarah short and frumpy?

Seriously though, ever seen some of the fellas these girls date? Methinks they should take em back to the Salvation Army Clothing Bin they found them in.

since we're all bashing shakira, i figured i'd jump on the bandwagon.
wink.gif

i saw her when she did unplugged back before she was mainstream and umm, blonde. she looks a lot less hispanic now. in fact, she looks like a white beyonce. she looked better with her darker hair, and before she started masturbating in her videos.
biggrin.gif

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

i can't believe she went for the blonde look! her hair looks dry and damaged with the new color...what was her stylist thinking?!
wink.gif

anyway, i've heard a couple of her spanish songs, they are ok (i dont care for them) but i believe she yodels in spanish too

i saw part of the show you are discussing, but got bored and fell asleep

------------------
i am not full of rage, i am full of hope

Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Basically the thought that crossed my mind was ?hmm, if you were an outside observer looking at our culture through what is portrayed in the media, you could easily make the assumption that ?looks? and ?musical talent? were codependent.? Blah. Apparently only beautiful people make music. Ugly people are not born with that ability.
rolleyes.gif

i agree!

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

I think the looks only matter in the pop music. Most of the pop stars don't have a 'real' singer voice... for example Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue. But if you look at the rock stars, most of them aren't really that attractive.
I think, if you're gonna do pop, you have to be a super-bimbo/stud to make some good money. Period.

It's all about the music, baby!
biggrin.gif

------------------
'... baby's always attracted to the things she's affraid of...'

Back
Top Bottom