Please read this is serious, suicide thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I thought things will be better, but i really, really cant stand this situation any more. I just cant send one more job application because i am so sick and tired and even ill because of the stress. Member of my close family is ill. And my grannny who is my dearest person in the whole world is now in the nursing home. The thought that she wont come to live with us like she did every winter makes me nuts. I just cant stand that thought, and hate to be far away from her(she is is another town). I dont think i cant take at all at once. I just cant. I feel i could really commit suicide, i am out of control. And of course, in that state of mind how can i think of love? I am destroyed.

Things will be better !!!!

I think all of us experience situations where everything is just out of control. Sometimes it can be hard to find a reason to be positive because we end up in awful situations all the time.
But things will clear up because they always do. This is just one of those moments for you, when everything is bad. Its ok to feel lost but trust me,,,, It wont last forever and there will be an end to the problems you are facing right now... Be strong

:hug: :hug:

EDIT: You should really try and find someone you can talk to about the problems and thoughts you are having. Church, A good friend, your parents, siblings or maybe an outsider. I dont know, but i think it would be good for you to talk things over in private and really open up.

Last edited:
Trust me, everyone goes though periods like this, but they DO pass! You've just got to try to find a way to deal with the stress. Find someone to talk to about it. They might not be able to offer suggestions but just talking about things can help you to get your head round them and to see that they won't last forever. Or try taking some time out just to zone-out and listen to some music. Anything to help you chill out and relax. Some quiet time away from the stress can do wonders.

And try not to stress about the job. It took one of my friends over two years to find something and now things are really looking up for him.

Above all, please remember that the option you've mentioned at the end isn't worth it. If you keep coming back to it, please go and get some help!

think of how all those who love you would get by if you did that
you may feel sick and tired now...but we have all felt that way...
if you perservere something is likely to turn up

you sound broken hearted over your grandma- youll still get to visit her.
shes just over in the next town.
:hug: Im sort of lookin for a job now too..i think they just get my application and throw it away sometimes ....it bums me out...
but they dont really do that...i just trick myself into thinkin they do.
come on hon.....pull up your boot laces and soldier on

I want you to know that i feel like it is embarrasing to talk about my out of control state od mind, but i relly need your help. If i could, yes i would let it go...
And the most absurd thing is: if just one good thing could happen it would give me strength at once. But, it just seems to be impossible.

Please, please talk to a professional. We can give support and be a sounding board, but we are not equipped to give you the care and expertise you deserve. :hug:

Girlhappy

please just take it one day at a time. Things will get better! If you are feeling out of control please don't let yourself be alone. I hope that there is someone that you can trust to confide in.

You need one good thing happening and right now you have lots of people showing how they care for you. That's a good thing right!

Please take care of yourself! :hug:

If you need to vent to someone my email is redkat 1 @hotmail.com

Girlhappy...

Do not feel embarrassed about talking about how you feel - there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I think some of the advice for you above has been spot on. Please realise that you are not alone in feeling the way you do. Right now you seem to have 101 bad things that seem to be happening to you and it is overwhelming you. It may help you to go and talk to someone - a friend, family member or if this is too hard then someone impartial - maybe your doctor or a counsellor?

I wish you all the very best. Take care:hug:

suicide is selfish

it puts an unfair burden on the rest of your family

call a suicide hotline or talk to some one you can trust

killing yourself is never the answer:|

I´ve been there. Thought about too, when times were bad.
But I tell you what I did. I put on a U2 record playing, grabed a beer and chilled out.
Remenber that tomorrow´s sunshine will always be better than todays. trust me...it will be better. BUT it won´t mean a thing if you are not there to enjoy it too.
Just relax and breath deep, think of happy thoughts and better days.
It will get better. :hug:

Iwas going to say something along the lines of what I'm Ready said.

But look at it this way - you have the oppertunity to step it up for your family. THings aren't going so well at this moment. Well, it's up to you - do you want to make it worse, or be the one bright spot in it all?

We all get down from time to time, and sometimes it's real bad. But you can find support here, and maybe in some other places. I know it might be hard, but try to find something more left to draw on, so you can do what's right. THe last thing your family needs is your funeral.

Write some stuff in Dream Out Loud to vent.
It doesn't have to be spectacular, but it might help to vent your feelings, if you'd like.

Know that there are people who are caring about you, and want you to get through these hard times.

take care, girlhappy. Keep us udpated.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:

I won't be a hypocrite and say the moment will pass. I'm 16 now and have dealt with 'this' kind of pain since I was 11-15. I try not to tell many people about it because it gives off a completely different vibe/impression about me. I've become very optimistic since my past because of:

1.) music: it gives this sense of relief, a break from life. the thoughts subside a little when you lay in bed, close your eyes, and it's just you and music.
2.) poetry: rather than acting out your thoughts, write it out. words can be so much easier than actions.
3.) friends and family: I suppose for you, imagine how your granny would feel if she found out you left the world. imagine how your friends would feel. if possible, seek help. talk to someone close about this.
4.) the thought about the 'ripple effect' : once you think these thoughts and do something bad, it's like a ripple in a water. it goes to everyone around you, affecting them all. then it affects everyone close to them, etc. not a great process really... :slant:
5.) the thought of LIFE: there's so much in life that you haven't experienced. think about how all the possibilities and joyous times in your future have been taken away because of a 'spur of the moment' type of thing.

I apologize if I made this very long and kind of.. lecturish. But I suppose it's because from personal experience I find suicide or thoughts of suicide to be a bigger deal than it is.

:hug: :hug:
we, interferencers, have got the words to reassure you, but YOU have the choice to make things better or worse. :) I really hope things get better for you, and just know that there's so much happiness out there for you to feel :hug:

please keep us updated on how things are going for you :)

girlhappy,
hi, my name is Phil. At one point in my life, I was exactly where you are now. My reasons were different yes, but I really do know what you mean when you say it all is too much.

Please listen to what many people are saying. Please talk to someone. Please know you are special and really would be missed by many! I didn't for the longest time but I know it's true now!

If you wish, I know it's kind of wierd, but if you want to talk:
phil.kelder@gmail.com

Let us know how you're doing every day!!!

:)

girlhappy :hug:

please know you are NOT alone in feeling like this. I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel out of control, and it's the worst feeling in the world, but it will pass, it will. you need to take some time for yourself, it may not solve all your problems but it will help you clear your head. I hope there is someone close to you can talk to, and never feel embarrassed to post your feelings here.

please remember how many people care about you and would be devastated if you left this world, and just take it a day at time. :hug:

youtooellen said:
we, interferencers, have got the words to reassure you, but YOU have the choice to make things better or worse. :)

:up:. Precisely.

Yeah, it's obviously never fun when a bunch of bad things keep coming in on you all at once...we've all been there, as this thread proves. I certainly have, far more times than I care to count, too.

But the others are right, these moments DO pass. Better things DO come along. It may take time for the better things to come along, but trust me, they always eventually do.

That said, I hope that things improve for you as soon as possible. Until then, just keep your chin up, just keep forging ahead and dealing as best you can with all going on. Ditto what others have said, vent more about it here if you wish, talk to people you know about it all, go somewhere and take a breather and collect your thoughts, whatever...just don't turn to drastic measures, it only makes things worse.

Good luck to you. May better days come your way soon :hug: :).

Angela

I am really deeply moved by your support and thanks God for u2 and u2ey people! You guys really helped me and your advices are thoughtful and full of warmth. Youtooellen, just 16, and so smart and mature. I hope i will get a job soon enough and then things will be better for sure. Music...and dance... are relief.
Some of my friends too. But believe or not, some of my closest firends turned their back from me.
So, what can i say?There is no place like u2ey home!:hug:

girlhappy, it's great to know that what you read and the words from other people of interference gave you a little help -- a sort of starting point to move on.

The situation you're in is hard, horrible and we can't do but trying to understand and to comfort you.

I think a professional may help you, but also the best one couldn't do anything if something doesn't start inside you.
There are a million reason to stay alive -- think just about the pain you will cause to your relatives and friends.
Think about your mother.

The destruption you could cause if you decide to take your life will be enormous.

Think about all the things you can do -- for yourself, for the others, with friends and relatives.

It's hard, really hard, but there's always a reason to stay alive.

God sent on this heart a lot of troubles: flood, illnesses, volcanos..
And the men provoked other disasters, like wars, poverty, not fair things...

But you are ALIVE.

You are going through bad time... but PLEASE do not get fool.

Even in the most desperate situation, you can find a way out, even if sometimes that way out is very far and hard to see.

Hugs

Lady Luck

Back
Top Bottom