Please pray for my dog and other things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
I feel really stupid asking this, but my dog went through about five seizures last night and is in the hospital right now. The doctors think she has liver or kidney problems or a brain tumor. Either way, it's pretty bad. She might have to be put to sleep, but I'm really hoping the medicine they're giving her works. I've had her for thirteen years (and I'm seventeen so that's the majority of my life), and I can't imagine being home without her. So please pray she gets better. I know that all things must die eventually, but this is the last thing I need right now. :sad:

Also, I was supposed to visit U of I today but after this happened, we decided to stay home. I wasn't too heartbroken since I don't even really want to go there. I want to be at De Paul, but after my dad lost his job a few weeks ago, we're not sure if we can afford it. He's getting a new one that supposedly pays as much as the old one, but according to my mom, there are certain things about the old job we won't have anymore. I don't know anything about stuff like this so it's a pretty vague statement to me. I just need help affording college, and my family obviously needs help with finances in general.

I'm just really scared. This summer has brought so many bad things to our family between me breaking my foot, my dad losing his job, and my dog getting sick. We need all the prayer and support we can get. I'm just completely at a loss right now. I've hardly eaten today and I feel sick all the time. I got about four hours of sleep last night, and I'm so scared to see what the next minute holds, especially since we're waiting for the hospital to tell us what's wrong with our dog.

Just any prayer or good thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

:hug:

Awww...poor dog. :( I had a dog who had severe seizures late one night (these things always seem to happen in the middle of the night) so I took him right to the emergency vet. All the way there (it was an hour away) I was sure they were going to put him down because he seemed so bad afterwards, but by the time we got to the vet he was mostly recovered. They did say it could be any of the things mentioned for your dog, but when I took him in for follow up testing he was in generally good health. Never did find out what caused the seizure, but he lived fairly happily for at least two more years. Seizures are very scary, but often the underlying causes can be controlled and your dog can live happily for a while yet. I hope your dog has the same type of luck my little guy had. :hug:

Also sending good wishes regarding your dad's job and your finances etc. That's a really stressful situation for your whole family. Sending positive thoughts that everything works out for you.

indra said:

Awww...poor dog. :( I had a dog who had severe seizures late one night (these things always seem to happen in the middle of the night) so I took him right to the emergency vet. All the way there (it was an hour away) I was sure they were going to put him down because he seemed so bad afterwards, but by the time we got to the vet he was mostly recovered. They did say it could be any of the things mentioned for your dog, but when I took him in for follow up testing he was in generally good health. Never did find out what caused the seizure, but he lived fairly happily for at least two more years. Seizures are very scary, but often the underlying causes can be controlled and your dog can live happily for a while yet. I hope your dog has the same type of luck my little guy had. :hug:

Yeah we like JUST took her to the vet for a check-up and a distemper shot and stuff, and he said she was in great health except for her "old eyes." So I have no idea why nothing got picked up earlier. I guess there were warning signs before but we didn't recognize them. Instead of moving when I tried to walk by her in the doorway, she just sat there. I thought she was just being stupid but I guess those were mini seizures.

I really hope she gets better like your dog did. I can't deal with another tragedy this summer, and she is one of the things in my life that makes me most happy. :(

Thank you everyone!

We got a call from the hospital and they said they're pretty sure she either has meningitis or a brain tumor. So they're giving her a bunch of medicine to control the seizures and reduce the swelling in her brain. They said that she's responding well to the medicine and we'll get to take her home tomorrow.

So I hope this means that she'll recover very quickly. I'm still pretty scared, but I've calmed down a lot from this morning. She'll definitely be really tired and lazy tomorrow, but I just hope she gets much better afterwards. :pray:

So sorry to hear about your dog. :( My old dog had seizures constantly (epilepsy) and I know how scary that can be to watch. Plus the poor things have no idea what's happening to them. I hope your vet is able to make her comfortable and I'm sure she'll be very happy to be back home with her family.

I'm happy she's responding well to the medication and should be able to come home. That at least is good news. I'm sure she will be happy to get home to familiar surroundings and people she loves.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. :hug:

:pray: You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have no advice right now except for the basic "hold on". Things are out of your control right now, so it would be best not to worry too much...worrying won't change anything, but, of course, that's much easier for me to say than for you to do. :wink:

Thank you everyone. :hug:

She's home now and a little disoriented from the medicine. She can't really stand up without moving or else she falls over. When she walks, she trips a lot and runs into things. But every hour, she gets a little better. She's finally sleeping right now which is good because she didn't sleep at all last night. She's eating and drinking fine so I'm hoping she recovers quickly. :)

:up: Keep your chin up, and think positive. Things are going your way again, so take advantage of it...eat, get some restful sleep....etc. :yes:

How's your dog doing today? I've been thinking about you and her today and hope she is continuing to improve.

Hey thank you! :hug: She's doing better. Still tripping over herself every now and then, but it looks like the medicine is working. She seems happy and responds when I call her and pet her and stuff. So I think she's improving, and I hope she continues to.

Thank you to everyone who's kept her in your thoughts and prayers! Please pray that she keeps improving. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. :D

^:pray: Thank God your doggie is better :hug:

There´s a proverb in my country it says something like: bad things always brings something good :D so everything happens for a good reason, just hang in there :hug:

That's great news! I'm so pleased she's feeling better. :)

Will keep you both in my thoughts. :yes:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Thank you everyone! She gets better everyday! :D I'm just hoping that everything else works out just as well as this is going.

Yay! That's great news!

And yes, I'm hoping your other stresses ease also. Positive thoughts headed your way. :)

Back
Top Bottom