Please help if you can with a prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Hi alll.

*Warning - this is not cheerful stuff*.

Just thought I'd put that in as I don't want to depress anyone who's already feeling as thought they can't take much more.

I'd be very very grateful, if any of you feel able to spare a prayer for my family.

I found out today that my younger sister, who has cancer in her lung, liver and kidney, will be getting some results back on the 23rd - a week from now and 2 days before my birthday. She was meant to start her chemotherapy over a week ago but this has been delayed, pending the results.

It's complicated, but the bottom line is that on the 23rd, we will find out whether she'll be able to have chemo or not... and if not, there's nothing more that can be done for her.

She is 21, 5 years younger than me, and has 2 kids - Lucy who is 2, and Emily who is just 9 months.

My sis, my mum, my brothers and myself all feel like we're going insane. I feel totally powerless - she's my little sister and I can't do anything to take this shit away... I'd do anything to change it but I know it's useless thinking like that. I'd be so grateful if anyone would just spare a few seconds to pray for us.

Thanks so much :hug:

Love
a very unhappy Sara :sad:

Last edited:
My god she is so young :( I'm sorry.
She will be in my thoughts and I will be sending good vibes that she will be able to have the chemo :hug:

I'm praying for you and your sister right now, Sara, and will keep praying. :hug:

I have a cousin who is fighting an inoperable tumor right now, and I know it's tough, but don't give up.

:hug:sallycinnamon:hug:

Thankyou so much, all of you... that's very kind and it means more to me than you can know. Thankyou :hug: you're all so nice.

Last edited:
hands.gif
that she will be able to have chemo:hug:
I watched a friend go through this with her sister. Her sister is now cancer free. Have faith.

I'm thinking of you and your family and sending good vibes your way.

Life is so cruel. There is no fairness in someone so young with a family, having to go through this. I hope for the best and send all the good thoughts and best wishes, yours and your family's way.
:hug:
:sad:

Sadly, in today’s world we have all been touch by cancer in our family’s. :sad:

But my GOD your very young sister (Sara) is TOO YOUNG.

Be strong. :hug:

My prayers are to you, your family and of cause your sister, Sara.

I am so sorry Sally. I will be thinking about you up until we get the news. :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is so cruel&unfair for this damn thing to strike at your sister at such a young age :madspit: to cancer. I shall hope&pray for you that she will be able to undertake chemo.

Lots of love to you Sally, from me :hug:

I'll reserve a spare prayer for your sister. I'm having a bit of a health crisis with an immediate family member right now as well... it's so hard when you can't really do anything. I do want to mention that even if she cannot have chemo, that she should not give up. There are alternatives to conventional medicine that I have seen work when conventional medicine has failed. I had a sister with a very bad form of cancer and it had already spread. She had a 3% chance of survival, her doctor told her to go home and get her affairs in order, he said she had 5 months tops. This was 1988. She is still here, alive and well. My mother had Rheumatoid Arthritis very bad, she could not walk, she was completely incapacitated for a year. She went to 2 conventional doctors and both gave her medication that did not help, just made it worse. She took matters into her own hands using alternative medicine/natural healing methods and has gone to 3 U2 concerts since, travels extensively, gardens and has 95% health back. I know it looks bleak for your sister, especially if she can't have chemo, but there ARE alternatives to chemo and there is ALWAYS hope, especially if the patient is willing to FIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom