Please help if you can with a prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's so young. Why do these things happen? My prayers go to you, your sister, and nieces..... :sad: I hope God somehow will give your family some strength....

Has your sister seen a person who especially prays for sick people? I dunno: If nothing else, it could maybe give her a little peace in mind...:sad:

Last edited:
This has got to be absolute pure hell for all of you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm praying for you and your family.

I am continuing to think of you Sally! Life is too cruel to the nice people of the world&you are obviously one! :hug:

Thankyou all. You're good kind people. I am going to show this thread to my sister again and also my Mum. Thankyou all for your support and your kind words - I am really grateful. It means a lot to my family and I. I'm really lost for words at the moment so all i can say is thanks.

I've just seen this thread now and haveread through it. Many prayers and best wishes to you, your sister, and your family. Don't give up hope, miracles happen every day! :heart:

Hi.

As Roger Waters once said... is there anybody out there? If so, then I hope you're all doing well and are happy. I just thought i'd update this suicide-inspiring thread with the latest happy, cheerful news on this shitty situation. :lol: <--- Well, :lol: isn't the most appropriate smiley - but I figure that I can either laugh or cry, and I'd like to at least attempt to laugh while I am still able to.

I am now Godmother to my two little nieces; we had them christened today. My sister made a short speech about how she found that her faith has helped her to stay strong, and that she wants her children to have that as well. She cried and it was very, very tough. I went to the altar with her while she made her speech, and held her hand.

There's one thing that she hasn't told anyone, not even myself or our Mum, but I know it anyway. Part of the reason she's had the girls baptised is so that she knows she will see them again in Heaven. It is heartbreaking.

I'm not a strict Christian - although I was brought up at church schools, I detoured, and am not 100% certain in my spiritual convictions. Despite that, if I ever hear any bastard trying to tell my little sister that there's no Heaven and she will never see her babies again, I will cheerfully strangle him with my bare hands.

The vicar was a lovely chap. He has offered to visit us, and to give my sister her last rites when the time comes. That's predominantly a Catholic thing, and although the Church of England offer this too, they usually do not come round to people's houses to do so. We are lucky in that respect. Yet it is utterly petrifying - my sister will not go to hospital, so will die at home in front of her family, including her two babies.

I got really wound up and upset by one thing. It will probably sound silly and petty, but I need to get this out of my system somehow, so please bear with me... if there really is anybody out there.

The congregation prayed for my sister, my nieces, and my mother - which was lovely. We were extremely touched by it, and grateful for the kindness shown to us.

I was the only family member they didn't mention. I know this probably makes me sound selfish. But, I couldn't help wondering - don't I need strength, to cope, to help my family cope, to be able to give my sister the best possible care and support, as well?

Obviously, my poor sister is the one suffering. She is in constant pain and has no treatment. She is the important one in all this, as are the kids. I will have to be a rock for my Mum, brothers, and nieces, and I will do my damnedest to make aure they are all looked after.

I can't imagine what the hell our Mum must be going through; the thought of anything bad happening to either of my nieces petrifies me, so I cannot begin to imagine what losing a child is like. I need to be there for them.

I guess I need to find some way of keeping myself strong, in order to keep my family sane. There's no way I could let my sister down, or my mum, or Lucy and Emily.

Last edited:
Sally, I just found this thread. I'm very sorry for your sister and your family. You are all going trhough very horrible times and it's amazing that your able to comunicate about it, I sure woulden't. I hope things get better for your sister, I'm not just saying that I REALLY mean it. I'm sending all of my prayers for your sister and your family! :hug:

sallycinnamon78 said:
Hi.

I got really wound up and upset by one thing. It will probably sound silly and petty, but I need to get this out of my system somehow, so please bear with me... if there really is anybody out there.

The congregation prayed for my sister, my nieces, and my mother - which was lovely. We were extremely touched by it, and grateful for the kindness shown to us.

I was the only family member they didn't mention. I know this probably makes me sound selfish. But, I couldn't help wondering - don't I need strength, to cope, to help my family cope, to be able to give my sister the best possible care and support, as well?

Obviously, my poor sister is the one suffering. She is in constant pain and has no treatment. She is the important one in all this, as are the kids. I will have to be a rock for my Mum, brothers, and nieces, and I will do my damnedest to make aure they are all looked after.

I can't imagine what the hell our Mum must be going through; the thought of anything bad happening to either of my nieces petrifies me, so I cannot begin to imagine what losing a child is like. I need to be there for them.

I guess I need to find some way of keeping myself strong, in order to keep my family sane. There's no way I could let my sister down, or my mum, or Lucy and Emily.

Sweetie, that's what we are here for, and many of us, in our own often fumbling ways, are praying, wishing, hoping that you do have the strength to cope with this situation. So you do have us to lean on. I know it really isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but someone here in Ohio thinks of you and your family every day.

And you know, I think your nieces are lucky to have you as an aunt and a godmother, it's very apparent that you love them dearly and want a great and happy life for them. And when there are times where you wonder if you really know what to do to help them, understand that love is the best thing you can offer them, and that they will appreciate and count on it.

Last edited:
I just now found this thread and read all of it.
I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through.
You're in my thoughts :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear the horror that you and your family are going through. There are no words to describe the emotional pain that family members have to endure when faced with the prospect of losing a loved one. The pain actually goes from emotional to physical!! I'm praying for your sister, of course, but I'm also praying for you and your family.....you will be there to pick up the pieces and live on with strength, to show that life does indeed go on...

I just read your last post SallyCinnamon. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I'm still praying for you guys though. I'm praying for your sister and mother and the others of course, but in response to your last e-mail, know that I'm praying for you too, especially for the strength to cope, the strength to help your family cope and the strength to help with your sister's care and support to the best of your ability.

Thanks for keeping us posted — we'll always be here for you. Please continue to keep us posted so we can continue to pray for you guys.

God bless.

coemgen :hug:

Like everyone else, I'm still thinking of you Sara. Only just yesterday actually. I went to the florist to buy an ANZAC Day badge. They didn't have the slouch hat I was after, but I got a 'tin hat' pin instead. When I got home I put it on my jacket which has another badge on the other pocket, for Daffodil Day. I'm not a huge badge person, for reasons unknown. I just dont wear them. I do buy them frequently though for any number of "Days" which raise money through badges and pins etc. I straightened the daffodil pin though and thought of you and your sister. I wished that the $10 I had spent on it had done something. Anything. I then thought of my little drop in the ocean and wondered just how terribly insignificant it was. What the hell can a stupid pin donation do? It can't do anything. I got very frustrated and sad, and thought about it and you some more. I'm not going to stop buying these ribbons, badges, pens, cards, teddies - anything which helps breast cancer, kids cancer, gay rights, the RSPCA, the whales, starving children...any of it. But what bloody good does it honestly do? You are the people who are suffering this and I feel so helpless. Everyone's little drop in the ocean with a $2/$5/$10 donation adds up for research and other funding I know, and it is terribly important.
Anyway, the point of this rambling is, while my futile little donations dont seem much, in terms of the entire ocean, they are very needed and that is fine. Sometimes people get past that point and need something else. Something that everyone who knows you can try and give you. Support and an ear to listen, and friendship. We are all here for you Sara. We might not be able to do anything that you can physically hold onto, but we are thinking of you. We are here mate.
:hug:

Hi Sally:

Just read through this thread and though I don't think I have ever "conversed" with you, I just wanted you to know that if ever I was in the situation that your sister was in, I would hope that I had someone like you beside me.

You are amazing and such a strong, loving person to be there for your family.

Hang in there, I know it's really tough but I am sure your sister knows that her daughters will be well looked after with you as their godmother and that must be such a relief to her.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

I was wondering if anyone here would mind doing something small for me? It won't take more than a few seconds of your time, I wouldn't normally ask but I don't know what else to do.
:(
My sister is having a very hard time staying positive, unsurprisingly. She's not on medication for the pain and is suffering really badly. :sad: :scream:

She's started a weblog, I think it's a way of trying to stay sane and to express herself through all this mess.

I realise that none of you know my sister. I was wondering though: if you have a few seconds to spare, would you mind just adding a comment to her blog? Just a few words, anything really.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/angels19834/PersonalSpace.aspx?owner=1&js=yes

I've been telling her about this thread and how supportive you have all been. I know that she's very touched by your kindness (as am I, obviously).:hug:

I hope you don't mind my asking you this. I would be so grateful. I haven't got a clue what else to do to keep her spirits up - well, as up as one's spirits can be in these hideous circumstances.

Thanks for listening throughout all this crap. :hug: I really appreciate it.

I'm back again... couldn't sleep, as usual.

This is all just so hard to deal with. Some days I get by without any real problems. The next day, it all knocks me sideways.

You're probably not going to believe this: but my sister keeps passing out and losing her speech ability for hours, and last week for almost 2 whole days.
She told me today that oncology is concerned that she may have further problems with her brain (she's epileptic as it is).

She has to go to a neurologist on Tuesday, they are going to give her a CATscan and check for growths on her brain . I don't dare think about it - we didn't seriously believe that she would be diagnosed with lung cancer, let alone multiple tumours and leukaemia.

I'm so worried about my sister and Mum, and I'm certain that my eldest brother is cracking up completely.

He has convinced himself that our dad (who died in 1999) has put a curse on my sister and that's why she is so ill. He wants her to be blessed by the local vicar, in case any evil spirits - like Dad - are focusing on her.

Okay. I'm quite open to the existence of some 'supernatural' force, having had many inexplicably weird experiences myself, and seeing them happen to others. Perhaps these are caused by brain functions we don't understand, perhaps not, who knows? It's safe to say that I side with Hamlet's rebuke to Horatio: "There are more things on Heaven and Earth that are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Still - I can't believe for even a fraction of a second that Dad is making my sister ill from beyond the grave! Admittedly, he was an alcoholic, and did some exceptionally awful things to us. He was a very messed up character with many problems... it was very much a case of loving him as a father but hating his behaviour and selfishness. He was a git. Regardless, the idea of him stalking us into early graves seems fairly ludicrous to me.

The scaried part is that my brother has always been a practical, logical person.
He's open minded, but well balanced, and is generally the most sensible out of all 4 of us kids. He's 39 now and appears to be losing the last of his few remaining marbles.

He lives in the States, so I can't exactly pop round to check he's okay. My sister, of course, is now worried sick about him, as well as her babies, our Mum, myself, our other brother, and anyone else you care to name. She worries about us lot a hell of a lot more than she worries about herself.

I know it sounds selfish but I can't bear the thought of her not being here. We've grown up together and, no matter how much we've pissed each other off, we are really very close.

What the hell are we supposed to do? :scream:

We need to make the most of these few months and pray for a miracle.

Oh Sara, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to worry about your brother too now. I can only imagine he's so distraught that he really doesn't know what to do. And being so far away has to be incredibly stressful too.

And your sister losing her ability to speak for so long has to be very scary, both for you and especially for her. And that has to be frightening for the children as well.

My sister and I irritate each other no end sometimes, but I don't have all that many close relatives left, and I'm not sure what I would do without her either. (and her name is Beth too :) )

And I'm hoping for that miracle for you too. :hug:

I'll be posting something in her blog this evening, when I'll have time to put some thought into what I want to write.

You must be going through such a hard time, I can only imagine. Much strength to you all :hug:

I saw your messages in my sister's blog. She appreciates this very much and so do I. Thankyou. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom