Phone + Alcohol= Me in amusing trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Tis nothing too serious, but a there is a girl in work who I like. She only started about a month ago....she's all cuteness and light, trouble is i'm sure she is in a relatively secure relationship. It's a bit hard to figure out though as she hardly ever mentions her boyfriend. Girls in my limited experience I find tend to talk quite a bit about their other half, though I think she may just be a bit shy.

Anywhos, two weeks ago when I was out I sent a text to her saying 'I like you', alcohol influenced it was. Luckily the alcohol had a good side effect, I'd actually sent it to a taxi company which was the next name down from hers. I now love 'Value Cabs'.

Unfortuantely last night i've did kinda the same thing and i'm pretty sure she got the text this time. It was a lot more cryptic though. My texts when drunk are a tad like word puzzles, but the gist of it was 'Am I an idiot for not admitting who I like, its ok for me to send this because you probably won't get it'. Now I imagine anyone could probably put two and two together.

I'm not due into work til tomorrow, so should I pretend nothing happened or would the best thing be just to apologise, and make light of it. I'm pretty good with social embarrassment and getting past these type of things, but she probably wouldn't, and I wouldn't want her to be awkward or uncomfortable at work.

Ah well I don't even know if she knows yet:huh:

LJT said:
I'd actually sent it to a taxi company which was the next name down from hers. I now love 'Value Cabs'.

:lol:

I would see how she handles it and if she is obviously uncomfortable you have two options:

1. just fess up to her and admit you were drunk

2. give a convincing excuse like you meant to send the text to someone else or blaming it on a friend who got a hold of your cell phone at a party - this plan works best if you have a good friend who is willing to go along with the plan :wink:

i say don't bring it up unless she's obviously bothered by it or she brings it up first. but if she's also the slightest bit interested in you, it might be in your interest to leave her wondering about that text.

Re: Re: Phone + Alcohol= Me in amusing trouble

^That would be the best outcome

elevated_u2_fan said:

1. just fess up to her and admit you were drunk

I'm kinda thinking along these lines, this kinda thing will keep happening until I get it off my chest.

2. give a convincing excuse like you meant to send the text to someone else or blaming it on a friend who got a hold of your cell phone at a party - this plan works best if you have a good friend who is willing to go along with the plan :wink:

I'm currently trying to pass the text off as some random drunk silliness on my part, i've had one text from her this morning, just asking about my night out. I don't think she suspects anything:shifty:

Half of me wants her to know, just to see what would happen...Ahh well I suppose it's these kinda things that keep life interesting.

:sexywink:

'Am I an idiot for not admitting who I like, its ok for me to send this because you probably won't get it'

Yes, she now thinks that you think she isn't that bright. ;)

Vincent Vega said:

Yes, she now thinks that you think she isn't that bright. ;)

Actually I never thought about it like that, I think my drunken self intended that 'you know i'll probably send it to the wrong person'...

Well I shall be in work in 4 hours time, should be fun:D

To be fair, when I start at a new place I rarely mention the other half and the other folk don't talk about their private lives either. The only time I get questions is when people see my engagement ring. It could be a bit awkward for yousins if she is all loved up and you start hinting that you like her. I'd probably not mention it unless she does.

:hug:

No worries, it will be kept well under wraps! What will be will be and all that. I'm quite philosophical about it:wink:

LJT said:
I'd actually sent it to a taxi company which was the next name down from hers. I now love 'Value Cabs'.

This is one of the funniest things I've read :lmao:

Lara Mullen said:
Defo :up:

Whereaboots are you working, btw?

I work in the Laura Ashley on Boucher Crescent. Most people assume i'm selling women's clothes but nope just home furnishings...that said I can now work out how much material you will need to make a pair of curtains, blinds, put up chandeliers and mirrors, and many other handyman skills:wink:

Everything was fine with the girl in work today. She seems not to have a clue which is probably for the best. That said everyone else in work has known for a while now that I like her, and they love to be oh so obvious about it. It's amusing none the less;)

Someone I know works there. And Salome used to work round the corner. Small world. :)

Nope:lol: ...her name is two letters before V:wink:

And yes extremely small world at times...My store is a bit up the left at the moment, may be looking for a new job sooner or later.

LJT said:
Nope:lol: ...her name is two letters before V:wink:

And yes extremely small world at times...My store is a bit up the left at the moment, may be looking for a new job sooner or later.

There's that recruitment place beside Benedicts/M club. They got me a really sweet job last summer if you're looking for something new. :up:

Back
Top Bottom