Pet Peeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flaming june said:
Doors at stores and stuff without signs saying whether you have to push or pull so you have to look at the thing for a bit to figure it out and always end up doing the opposite of what you should have and you think everyone is staring. :eek: Hate that.

Oh man...I used to DREAD going into this one office to deliver packages because they had a door that you had to turn the handle and push. Something about the door always threw me, I don't know why. It was just a bizarre way to have to open it compared to the other offices.

The lady who manned the front desk was a massive bitch and would always be nasty about said door, making me feel like a giant retard. I refused to take packages anymore.

Well, she's gone now and they finally labeled the door--so obviously, I wasn't the only one!!!

those revolving doors I cant get round them ffast enough and people come in behind them and practically run round and trip me up and its funny me trying to get out i have to leap out and I look like a moron :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: This how we do it at the canopy

zoney! said:

I have to check out Alexander's (by the mall?)!

No plows, eh? Thank god for my four-wheel jeep (with my lame ass Ill. plates - LEMONU 2). Especially when you have to start work at 5:30am. :crack:

I have driven to Chicago each time (was up there last saturday, and will be doing a day trip Sunday).

Coming down for any basketball games?

I :heart: :heart: basketball season!! I'll be down for a game or two. (I am still a little bitter about Bill Self.)

Pet peeve about I 57: people who drive 40 mph or people who drive 140 mph, lots of state police waiting to give me a ticket. I've been pulled over twice but talked my way out of the first ticket.

I am closer to the 140 MPH drivers :uhoh:

But I rarely see Ill. State Troopers. I've been lucky.

I think Weber will be better for UofI. Let Self run. :shrug:

My Pet Peeve concerning Illini basketball...when Self left, I head all of this talk being a second or third tier basketball program. BULLCRAP. UofI is a (Men's) Basketball school. Grrr. :mad: Purdon't is NOT a step up.

Last edited:
bammo2 said:
ooh I hate it when you're in town and it's really busy and the people in front of you on the pavement just stop and start talking. Everyone is having to push their way around them and they just stand there, carrying on gassing :mad:

Why can't they move to the side of the pavement?????? :angry:

Ughh, I HATE this! It's such a problem where I am...or was in high school. Or the grils who come up and have to do their 'air kiss' to their best friends even though they just saw them yesterday. An they do this in front of you, when you're in a hurry. Get a room, get out of my way. please.

Another one I hate is doors that open on the wrong side. I.e. I think most push/pull doors open on the right side (? Can't remember)....but there's a few I've encountered that open on the left. I.e. me running out the door at Tim Hortons today and smashing directly into the glass because the door didn't open.

oooh...and when people in fron tof you don't hold the door open. Dammit, what does it take to just push the door a bit behind you? (On the plus side, I love it love it love it when guys run ahead of you and open the door for you :love:).

...People who pretend to know a lot about a certain subject--whether it be school related, or a band, etc, when in reality, they know NOTHING and are just pretending to look smart.

Tailgaters. :down:

Back
Top Bottom