people make me nervous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
The people next door moved out, and there is a new bunch moving in. The other people were very quiet and kept to themselves and never came outside, but these have loud pickup trucks and 2 very loud little boys. I'm also afraid they're going to pick on my cats like the ass across the street does. They are working on the house now and have no curtains so I feel like they're staring at me all the time (The ones who moved out always left their shades up and that bugged me, but now I know they were harmless. These, I don't know yet!)

Also the guy on the other side of me, even though he's nice, is outside cleaning his car out and I don't want to have to go outside and face him, because if he doesn't speak to me, I'll think he's mad, and what have I done (like the lady across the street, next to the asshole) and if he does talk, I'll feel obliged to stand there for an hour and talk and I'll be afraid of saying something wrong, or making him mad when I want to go in. So I guess I'm really cracking up here. Every time a car drives down the road I get nervous, and if it's a strange one (no one ever comes back here unless they have to, it's the back street in the neighborhood) I become suspicious of why they'd be here. So I guess I'm going nuts. I wish I could move to the forest where no one could see me and I could feel at peace.

Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of anxiety and fear of rejection?

Oh no....are you turning into The Paranoid Cat Lady?! :hug: I'm TEASING! No, I totally understand where you're coming from...people for the most part are a bunch of wierdos and I'd be nervous about having a new crop of unfamiliar and loud/young wierdos coming in and interrupting the routine of things.

Added: Nobody better be messing with your cats or I'll have to come and kick some neighborlly ass! :yes:

They'd better not :sad:

I'm also worried these kids will cause trouble with my kids, and the grownups might be jerks too. I want to run away!

Thanks, me too! Cats :heart:

And yes the kids are already noisy, abrasive hellions! :mad:

Thanks for caring.

But it's gotten worse! Last night they were out there ALL NIGHT with all the lights on making all kinds of noise.

Now they've brought their dog over, and he's hugeass and looks like a wolf with a loud bass bark that could bust a the speakers on a rap fan's bass system. He is big enough to almost step right over the fence, and remember, I have 5 cats and 3 little kids, so I am terrified!

On top of all this, the woman turned out to be my crooked landlord's daughter, so she'll be able to get away with everything and I will be persecuted for everything. Get me out of here!

*runs off to play Guns N Roses "Right Next Door to Hell!" :crazy:

I was mad because my neighbor had a party for the first time but the music was so loud I thought it was rude. My husband laughed at me and said I was getting old.

I know how you feel. I am a suspicous person by nature and I always notice strange cars on my block. I wish I had some advice for you. :hug:

U2Kitten said:

Has anyone else ever experienced this kind of anxiety and fear of rejection?

:yes: After we girls settled into our house, we got a letter from the block association basically telling us off for being college students. It had things like "Monday is trash day....remember to shovel snow..." like I don't know the very basics of maintaining a property :rolleyes: I know the girls who lived in our house before were total slobs and lacked even an ounce of sense or responsibility so now we're stuck proving to everyone that most people DO know how to keep up appearances. Now whenever I do something outside, I try to make sure the trophy wives from the block association can see me raking leaves, cleaning the garage, taking out the trash, and trimming the hedges.

Anyway, I don't have much advice in the neighbors-suck department being that I grew up between a crack house/party and a house with two guys who were nothing but trouble and who's dad was always in jail. The house behind us always had these wild parties and the next morning, my mom would let us sneak in their yard and collect all the beer cans for money (we get 10 cents per can here). The house across the street belonged to this witchy old fat lady who would cuss us out if we even THOUGHT about touching a blade of her grass. Two houses over there lived a kid who would come over EVERY DAY and steal our riding toy. EVERY NIGHT dad would go there and take it back and his mom would get pissed and say "he found that!" and my dad would say "in MY driveway!!"

U2dem- they are about 5 and 6

Thanks to all who care about the cats! I'm hoping it might at least scare them from being over there, the 2 who go out I do not want to go out but they literally, and I mean LITERALLY TEAR UP THE DOOR to get out. If they're scared of that dog they might stay in. But I still want to move! :scream:

Livluv- You have also had some bad experiences, do you share my desire to live where no one can see you?

I HATE neighborhood associations, having someone always driving by staring at you, that sucks. It's bad enough landlords are that way, but if I OWNED my property I'll be dogged if anyone is gonna tell me what do do with it. All the matching fences and mailboxes reek of teenage cliques. How stupid, really.

Whoopee! I just found out they have not one but TWO hugeass dogs, a wolf and a bear. They have already gotten into a fight with the hugeass (but very nice) brown dog who lives behind me. The kids were egging it on!

Maybe it's time to inquire regarding your local leash laws?... :macdevil:

Around here, dogs and cats have to be confined to the owner's property (fenced or chained) or on a lead of 8ft or less. The way I see it, if people are too irresponsible to comply, they can take it up with Animal Control :shrug:

U2Kitten said:
Livluv- You have also had some bad experiences, do you share my desire to live where no one can see you?

Honestly, I really don't have time to care what other people say and do as long as they keep it on their side of the fence. Nothing could ever get/I will never let it get as bad as it was growing up, what with the drugs, the robberies, the multiple murders....

The dogs ARE in a fence, but they're so huge it's not helping much. They're starting to calm down some. And I don't care what anyone else does either, they can do drugs, run a whorehouse, I don't care, as long as they don't interfere with my life, but when that happens I'm stressed. Also it bugs me when people make it their business to watch my every move. That makes me so nervous.

i hate people. one or two people are fine, but people in general suck.

IWasBored said:
i hate people. one or two people are fine, but people in general suck.

:up:

Gotta say, in general, people DO SUCK :yes:

I much prefer cats, and dogs. Even big ones.

Back
Top Bottom