People confuse me - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2001, 11:10 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:20 PM
*nods head*

Gina Marie-you seemed like such a sweet person when I met you in Vegas, and I agree with Sicy, who gives a crap what others think of you! (Probably should listen to her sistah's advice more often. )

(((hugs everyone on this thread))) I can totally emphatize with some of you on this subject. Good luck to all.

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Old 11-26-2001, 11:20 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Why Melon-I'm flattered-or maybe I should be embarrassed -that you think I'm 'younger'.
But that's fine w/ me-I'm sticking to it!

And thanks so much April -so nice of you to say that.

Heck-someone just confused me on here tonight-but that's the wacky world of the Net for you-people act in ways and say things they would never say face-to-face-at least I hope they wouldn't

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Old 11-26-2001, 11:59 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Why Melon-I'm flattered-or maybe I should be embarrassed -that you think I'm 'younger'.
But that's fine w/ me-I'm sticking to it!
Heh...it's funny how one has impressions of people in their head on the basis of names. My problem is that I slip up and start making assumptions. Luckily, you like it.

I often wonder how people imagine me to be, just on the basis of my name and what I write.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 11-27-2001, 02:37 AM   #19
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Im sick of being a good friend, as ive said before, nice guys finish last. Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to become arrogant, cocky, crass, and to be an asshole since it seems that every person who is hooked up in this town treats girls like shit. People other than my friends dont tlak to me while im at school anyway, so what the fuck is it going to matter. GRRRRR

*is very VERY bitter*
If memory serves me correctly - you're 17, foxfire? If that's right, then I really wouldn't worry about that "nice guys finish last" thing. Being "hooked up" in high school isn't all it's cracked up to be.

And nice guys don't finish last, they just might have to wait a little longer for an even better finish.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:31 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:20 PM
I know what you mean. It feels like I give SO much more than I ever get back in return. But such is the nature of being a good person...ooo that sounds like I'm conceited. But I'm not...really I'm the most self-deprocating person I know.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:07 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Im sick of being a good friend, as ive said before, nice guys finish last. Therefore, I am taking it upon myself to become arrogant, cocky, crass, and to be an asshole since it seems that every person who is hooked up in this town treats girls like shit. People other than my friends dont tlak to me while im at school anyway, so what the fuck is it going to matter. GRRRRR

*is very VERY bitter*
please dont!

I like nice people and there arent enough of them
anyway here's coming from a girl that feels guys only want the cocky, arrogant girls...and the ones that are easy. not all guys are that way, I mean, it's just for some reason that's all I seem to be finding.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:10 PM   #22
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by melon:
Seriously, though, I'd never do it, but I almost think that people born with good integrity often feel isolated and/or defective, because they aren't "bad" like everyone else.

Anyway, maybe I'm making no sense here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here???

and btw, you weren't talking to me, but yes, I know what you mean. and melon don't try and change for anyone cos you really seem like a great person as is.

Old 12-12-2001, 11:43 PM   #23
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon:
I almost think that people born with good integrity often feel isolated and/or defective, because they aren't "bad" like everyone else.
Careful M, there's a very fine line between what you say above and downright "arrogance".
First off, are you "born" with good integrity, or are you blessed to have parents that taught you that good integrity?

"Bad like everyone else"??? Myyy, are you really that saintly??
I understand what you mean. I believe you are saying that its difficult to try to live a clean life with all this peer pressure. But to say "bad like everyone else"?

I guess I am one of those "bad" people, because I'm imperfect and a sinner.

Anywayyyy, I mayve blown this all out of porportion, but I hope you see my point.

"Remember that when you point your finger at others, three of your fingers are pointing right back at you."

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-12-2001).]