People are Idiots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Ok, so I'm standing here in the library while working as campus security at my college. We have had so many laptops stolen from this place in the last couple years. But it is no wonder why.

I have been here for 15 minutes and there is a laptop sitting all alone on a small desk. The best part is, the desk is sitting about five steps away from an exit door. Seriously people...there are signs everywhere. Your seminary friends can tell you all about how it sucks to lose your computer that has your entire thesis on it. If you are leaving the library, do not leave your $1,500 computer sitting alone!!!

:rant: over.

Ok, so I'm standing here in the library while working as campus security at my college. We have had so many laptops stolen from this place in the last couple years. But it is no wonder why.

I have been here for 15 minutes and there is a laptop sitting all alone on a small desk. The best part is, the desk is sitting about five steps away from an exit door. Seriously people...there are signs everywhere. Your seminary friends can tell you all about how it sucks to lose your computer that has your entire thesis on it. If you are leaving the library, do not leave your $1,500 computer sitting alone!!!

:rant: over.

go over and type you are an idiot and leave it on the screen :)

He just got back, otherwise, I would have so done that. :lol: Next time.

I went over there to take a look see and sure enough, not only was his laptop alone, but his celly phone was sitting even closer to the end of the table...moron.

Wow, that's pretty DUMB!

:lol: Great idea tho to type that on the screen.

:shifty: 1500 dollar eh? Was it a Macbook?

People are so careless with their stuff these days. Seems like they just WANT it to be stolen. :doh:

No shortage of idiots on campus today. Can't wait for Philk to pick me up and get me out of here in 15.....

The weird thing is, in the three years that I spent a lot of time in the law library, not a single laptop went stolen.

People routinely left theirs in the cafeteria as well, never a problem.

I remember obsessively packing my stuff in the beginning and then eventually realizing there was no point. So I became one of these idiots. :lol:

It's not like your laptop is small that you can forget it. Car keys I get. Stupid people.

People are so careless with their stuff these days. Seems like they just WANT it to be stolen. :doh:

Tell me about it! I can't believe some of the things clients leave behind in my treatment room. If I was a less-than-honest person, I'd have a whole stash of nice jewellery.

The weird thing is, in the three years that I spent a lot of time in the law library, not a single laptop went stolen.

I remember obsessively packing my stuff in the beginning and then eventually realizing there was no point. So I became one of these idiots. :lol:

It just kind of started last year when one person stole 17 laptops in one semester. He was caught at another college doing the same. He apparently stole enough laptops to pay for a little 2 week trip to Italy. :shrug:

But it hasn't stopped others...

By the way, it was a very nice HP, similar to my wife's, but newer.

I don't leave my laptop without being able to see it and it's worth like $100. :D

I continue with this thread by introducing a co-worker. He's been here for about 2-3 months and thinks he is the shit. In fact, in meeting a new co-worker, he simply states to him that he loves this job because he thinks he is better than everyone else.

Then, when we comment, he says, "I'm just really honest. I mean what I say." Then, he proceeds to make fun of another co-worker for his "pointless job."

Then, he decides to make fun of my friend. What an ass. I got complaints from other employees around the campus both today, and yesterday about him. I have talked to him directly about it. No change. He bought us pizza so I thought I'd forget telling the supervisor. But now that he has burned any bridges he may have had with me, he's screwed.

Love friendly fil

Oh I ate the damn pizza. But I grabbed it and ate it alone, away from him. Not worth my time. But, I mean, free pizza? I figure he bought it and I ate it and I win.

He continued and made fun of another friend of mine, whom he dated and treated like shit, so I called him out on it, to which he threatened me a little bit. Meh, enough about this guy. He's not even worth wasting my time on. :D

He sounds like a guy that everybody dislikes yet he's too thick to notice. :happy: Until someone loses patience and punches them in the face.

I'm waiting for crooked cop to return :corn:

Or perhaps this guy has a laptop and he will leave it unattended. Then you can send it to me, make him look bad simultaneously for letting something he was to protect get stolen & I'll send you some $$ and we're all happy :hi5:

People steal our shit all the time. It's typically not our students either. Besides all the laptops from the libraries, someone ripped a projector right off the ceiling, some kids came into the lab and yanked the first row of iMacs... we call Campus Safety, they do nothing but log their report (sorry Phil!), and one of my co-workers waits a few weeks for the loot to show up on eBay. It always ends up on eBay! So I don't know what's more idiotic, leaving stuff unattended, or the thieves being so dumb and getting caught every time.

The academic buildings are open until ten so anyone can walk into an unused classroom and start yanking stuff if they know how. The iMacs in the lab...I think those kids hid in the library until it closed and then made off with the comps.

Yowza!

We have huge LCD screen TVs around in a couple of rooms and nobody ever took those either.

Our computer labs are password protected so nobody outside of the faculty should theoretically be able to get in. You can't use the computers either unless you're in the faculty so generally the lab in the library is really nice since there are no undergrads.

I have to admit that I used to look around and think, ok if I were a thief, I wouldn't steal my cheap-ish Toshiba, I'd go for the Mac, so I felt somewhat secure. :wink:

Good to know that I'm not the only one, I have left my portable hard drive in the library a few times.

Our computer labs are password protected so nobody outside of the faculty should theoretically be able to get in. You can't use the computers either unless you're in the faculty so generally the lab in the library is really nice since there are no undergrads.

Most of the department labs are like this (like you can't just walk into the math/stats lab or the Unix lab, have to be given access via your swipe card and PIN), but the main one is the entire bottom floor of the library, so if you're in the library you can get into the lab. You can't use the computer unless you have some affiliation, but if no one is around you can certainly try to take it. The stolen iMacs were daisy chained with a security lock like all our equipment is, but they were daisy chained to each other, never ran through the end of the counter so they just took all five, lol. I think they were tracked down via their MAC addresses.

Good, that dog's just a wee pup and he's already scary looking. Then no one will be breaking into my house and stealing MY laptop! Those are his new front teeth he got for Christmas. Is this more to your liking?

3165448936_4a160dd9ee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom