Papparazzi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Rumour has it this morning, that Chris Martin has been charged for throwing a rock through a papparazzi's car windscreen when he tried to go for a swim at Byron Bay this weekend past.

Triple J had actually already prepared an article about papparrazzi that was played this morning. One of the JJJ reporters was accompanying one of Australia's "top" gutter press photographers as they staked out the Opera House in Sydney . He knew Coldplay were in there, he was using a long lens to photgraph them at the restaurant. They then pursued the band's van as they headed for the airport. It was so deliberate and wicked imho. The photographer said anyone in a public place is fair game.
So I'm freeing my mind here...
:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: papparrazi :down:

on a more slightly cheery note...it was Martyr's Day in Burma on Saturday, the anniversary of Aung San Suu Kyis' father's assassination.
One of our former local politicians Janelle Saffin is also a lawyer and has studied Burmese Constitutional law for years and has travelled there frequently. Suu Kyi is aware of her work and they met last year for the first time.
Janelle described Suu Kyi as lovely, strong, funny, focussed and calm and when she first saw her was taken aback by her strong resemblance to her father. She feels the recent statement from ASEAN is promising. I sincerely hope so.
"..there will be change, because all the military have is guns..."Aung San Suu Kyi :hug:

Walk On

ever since princess diana died, i've hated paparazzi with a passion.

as distasteful as thier work is there is a demand for it. that demand, in my opinion, is more demented than the work the paparazzi do.

Sorry MissV, that wasn't meant to look like your replies were bullshit or anything, it was betty's view that they forfeit that and its a-ok for paparazzi to persue them as they do...
he and i could argue about things like this til the sun comes up :D

The media makes these people what they are. They use the media when they want to get something across, so they should be prepared to accept the attention at other times too.

And if it was on a beach then, yep, it is a public place. I'd have a problem with the photographer if he'd invaded a hotel room or something, but this is a beach!

brettig said:
The media makes these people what they are. They use the media when they want to get something across, so they should be prepared to accept the attention at other times too.

Oh please. You think its their right now? Of the media that is? The media doing what they do to make them the celebrities they are, can never cancel out the fact that they are like anyone else and deserve privacy and respect of said privacy.

brettig said:
And if it was on a beach then, yep, it is a public place. I'd have a problem with the photographer if he'd invaded a hotel room or something, but this is a beach!

You of all people should understand the different between paparazzi and the general media (who are also whores, but that is another debate). You know perfectly well I don't give a flying rats arse about Chris Martin or Coldplay and that has nothing to do with this at all (for the benefit of msn :p ) Yes he was out of line for throwing a rock through a window and he should be accountable for it. The paparazzi should also be accountable for their actions. Explain further how exactly they don't deserve privacy and this is not harrassment. I want to hear how it can be justified.
:p

you are correct angie. everyone has a right to privacy. however, whether voluntary or not, when a person is thrown into the spotlight our modern societies like to get juicy info on them.
while the actions of the paparazzi arent justified they are certainly predictable and expected. chris martin didnt open himself up to his whole life being revealed. but he did become a celebrity and thus created a demand for his whole life being revealed. where a demand exists, suppliers will soon follow and those suppliers are the paparazzi, and the tabloids etc.

there's an article in our local newspaper today....

headlined
"Paparazzi need to eat to"

"Martin....was surfing...when freelance photographer Jon Lister appeared on the beach and started clicking away.
An altercation followed, with martin demanding the photographer delete the images on his digital camera.
lister refused- after all, they were nice pictures that would besnapped up by any British tabloid- and Martin eallegedly put a brick through the photographer's car windsv=creen and let down his tyres...the photographers employer told AAp he would just be happy to have the damage to his car paid for by the rock star.
...But it begs the question, is this harassment?...as lister's employer said of the Coldplay incident, there'sa a genuine public interest in the people whose records we buy and films we see."

so...it WAS a brick. I wonder where he found that?
I feel so sorry him. I posted this topic after listening to the Triple J piece, as they pursued him at speed through Sydney. They were laughing about the unflattering pics they were getting. It seemed so cruel.

btw

Also in today's newspaper, a competition to win tickets to the show and signed TOFOG CD's..I want one!!!I don't harrass stars...last time I saw Russell Crowe, I gave him my "autograph"...I wrote a card for him, welcoming him to the area and congratulating him on his movies and planting trees. I'm sure he just treasures that:D

PS: It was National Tree Day yesterday...I might take Rusty a present of a tree to the show...something that grows large...hmmm..or something endangered. I'd reckon he'd dig that....either that or hand the " fertility pin" on to him and Danielle.
**ideas, ideas**
:hug: Chris and Gwen and Russell and Danielle:hug:

I think he can pay for his damage after he sells the photos. That should be considered part of the cost of doing his job.

Melon

i saw mike mills from REM last night at the bar i was at. he was out on the deck hanging out with his friends and just blended in with the regular people. it was nice because no one bothered him at all. he would come inside the bar to talk to the bar tenders and go to the bathroom and all the patrons left him alone. now mind you this is a bar full of young people typical age around 25 so everyone was well aware of who he was. anyway we all respected his privacy and left him alone. he didn't demand any special treatment or a private area to drink. rather he chose to be outside on the deck with everyone else. :up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
he didn't demand any special treatment or a private area to drink. rather he chose to be outside on the deck with everyone else. :up:

he needs to be reminded of how special and unique he is. and how these qualities give him licence to indecency and public forgiveness.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i saw mike mills from REM last night at the bar i was at. he was out on the deck hanging out with his friends and just blended in with the regular people. it was nice because no one bothered him at all. he would come inside the bar to talk to the bar tenders and go to the bathroom and all the patrons left him alone. now mind you this is a bar full of young people typical age around 25 so everyone was well aware of who he was. anyway we all respected his privacy and left him alone. he didn't demand any special treatment or a private area to drink. rather he chose to be outside on the deck with everyone else. :up:

Chris martin'sa case came up in the local court yesterday. of course he wasn't their, he was represented by a local solicitor. But that didn't stop the papparazzi,they followed her to the creche where her children were being cared for.
He has asked the local police to drop the charges...hmm when I was growing up the Byron Bay policeman was a known hardman. There was only one back then.
The case has been adjouned until November 21.
I hope Chris does feel OK to come back some day...and go for a surf.
I still can't watch "the Scientist" film clip without crying.
Brilliant artist he is:up:

Back
Top Bottom