Ow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
About boxing day, maybe the day after, I woke up with a KILLING pain in my left shoulder. It sort of feels like it needs popping, and hurts if I move it in a certain way. Usually it doesnt hurt when its still, but sometimes, like now, its hurting still. I cant lie on it, thats for sure. >_<

Like I said, I just literally woke up and it hurt, and I dont remember doing anything the day before that could have caused it.

I know this is probably one of those "go to the doctor things", but quite frankly, the doctors around here are shite, and by the time I go, whatevers wrong with me has always gone away, so I cba. Also its far more likely any of you will know more. :|

Anyway, its been a week, and its not stopping. I did ask in a chemist, and they reccomended ibuprofen, but I REALLY dont want to take any more than I have to as I take it quite a bit for headaches, and bad things happen if you take too much. :slant:

DEAR GOD IT HURTS. :scream: :banghead:

They are. Ive been to all of them in my surgery.

I got given sleeping pills to cure depression. :| Also my mum has had many issues with them generally not helping at all. Although its pretty much the same for all the medical places here. :shrug:

Have you had any previous injuries/issues with that shoulder? If you lift your arm straight out and up to your head, does it hurt the whole way or just at certain angles? :hmm: You might want to consider seeing a physio or a clinically experienced massage therapist - someone who will be hands on.

kafrun said:
Have you had any previous injuries/issues with that shoulder? If you lift your arm straight out and up to your head, does it hurt the whole way or just at certain angles? :hmm: You might want to consider seeing a physio or a clinically experienced massage therapist - someone who will be hands on.

:nerd:

kafrun said:
It hurts at certain times I move it, I can pretty much do a 360 with my arm with minimal pain, but certain ways, its painful. And putting weight on hurts too. I cant lie on it as I said. :huh: But yeah, its got that feeling like it needs to pop, but Im unsure of what it could be as it was so sudden. And I havent had any other problems with it. :/

MooMoo! said:
It hurts at certain times I move it, I can pretty much do a 360 with my arm with minimal pain, but certain ways, its painful. And putting weight on hurts too. I cant lie on it as I said. :huh: But yeah, its got that feeling like it needs to pop, but Im unsure of what it could be as it was so sudden. And I havent had any other problems with it. :/
Well without knowing which directions it hurts in and without further assessment, I can't say for sure, though I have a few ideas. You should see one of the above practitioners who can narrow it down for you and come up with a treatment. If it is indeed just something that needs to "pop" back into place, a chiro would be your best bet. You'll want to go and see some kind of therapist to isolate the reason why it was out of place to begin with. Previous injury? Weak supportive joint structures? You'll want to find out and address those issues once the initial pain is dealt with. Try icing it for now to numb the nerves. Apply a slight pressure over the area and be sure not too leave it on too long(frostbite).

Last edited:
My mum had tendonitus (sp?) in the same arm not long ago. So I dont know if it could be that, Ill have to ask her about it more.

Its just odd, I cant understand how its happened. I must have fallen asleep on it or something. But even so, Id have thought that'd just make the arm ache, not make the joint go funny. o_o

Would you reccomend any sort of rubbing treatment, eg ibuprofen gel? as like I said, Id rather not go for pills unless I have to. :huh:

Naturopath?

*googles*

Ah, well there are some places like that here, such as Chinese remedy and acupuncture places, but I couldnt really afford to go to one. :/ I think Ill try with the doctor, as its been over a week. I have other things I need to ask about so maybe it'd be worth going.

I cant lie in cos it kills me in the morning more than any other time. :lol: perhaps it will get me out of bed, as I have trouble waking up most mornings. :wink:

If you just woke up one day and it hurt, its probably because you slept wrong. You may have damaged some tendons in your sleep but I just think its really weird that it would still hurt after all this time :der:

As someone who has had major problems with my shoulder, chiropractics are a bunch of bull and dont work. :yawn: I mean you can try it once by all means, in case you've popped something out of joint. But I've been through years of 'physical therapy' from everything to chiropractics, ultrasounds, massages, working out, to those electrode deals they put on your muslces and pulsate until you feel numb. :| So yeah I highly doubt a medical doctor is going to be able to do a whole lot to be perfectly honest. After I left my job years ago that caused my shoulder problems I've been doing pretty much just fine. Even though I do have joint degeneration in my right shoulder (which is what started the problem).

meegannie said:

:no:

I got prescribed codeine after having a 10 foot beam fall on my leg and cut it open. That stuff dulled the pain in my leg but replaced it with a searing headache. Plain ol Advil worked better for me.

Well the day I go and buy ibuprofen gel happens to be the same day it wears off ¬_¬

It still hurts, but its not as bad as it was. Lets hope it goes competely.

Diemen said:

:no:

I got prescribed codeine after having a 10 foot beam fall on my leg and cut it open. That stuff dulled the pain in my leg but replaced it with a searing headache. Plain ol Advil worked better for me.

:yikes: Ibuprofen+codeine is the only pain reliever that works for me unless I just have a mild headache.

Well Im going to the doctor on monday, so this hopefully will get seen to.

Now OW part 2, MY EAR REALLY HURTS. :scream: It hurts if I touch it or lie on it, its more from the inside, and it feels really pressurised. Ive had trouble with it for a year or so, but its never really hurt like this.

Im a little worried, as Im sposed to have fluid in the inner ear, and the guy I saw last time said it can either drain out down your throat, or explode your ear drum. :| I sincerly hope its not the latter thats happening. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom