Our Father Needs Your Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
You've never heard us mention him much in the past but here's what's taking place in our lives....Mr. BAW and Doozer's father is in need of your prayers...Dad is approaching 90 years of age. Mom passed away of cancer nearly 18 years ago (this weekend); following her passing, Dad met another woman who he married within the year and she has encouraged him to distance himself from us...we've snuck around to see him during that time; there were periods of years where we were incommunicado.

Dad was recently diagnosed with a form of Leukemia; he is undergoing blood work and other preliminary testing.

I visited Dad on Thursday; he is losing weight and getting weak as we speak...his wife is now willing to allow any and all family contact...while I wouldn't consider him ever God-fearing or a church-going man, I suspect that the Cross hanging in his room tells a different story.

We'll know more about his condition following today's doctor visit...they're already scheduling chemo. and other related avenues of treatment. Please help the BAW's and Doozer pray for their father's health. We thank you.

Sending good thoughts your way.

I'm glad that you are now able to have more contact with your dad -- that's important.

I've just heard from my father's home and its not good. My father had a meeting with his doctor to identify the course of action to fight this bastardly disease that is taking its toll on his body....he learned that the leukemia had apparently manifested itself for some time and its apparently gone too far to combat....

He is not a candidate for chemotherapy nor is oral medication an option due to the likelihood of extreme hemorrhage...Hospice has been ordered in an effort to make him comfortable at home...

Our mother passed away 18 years ago THIS VERY WEEKEND....we're not ready to lose another parent, not just yet.........please continue with your prayers....thanks to all of our friends.

I'm sorry to hear this. :(
Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Back
Top Bottom