Our Father Needs Your Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My prayers and thoughts are with you in these upcoming days. You sound like a wonderful family.

i am emotionally drained from the visit today.

120 miles there, hour and a half visit, 120 miles back.

i got home and collapsed. in fact, i should have gone to bed a half hour ago.

i don't know how Rick is doing this. :sad:

Thank you EVERYONE for all your kinds words and prayers. Now I just hope for a peaceful transition for my father. I have seen him for the last time. I am complete knowing that I have made my own peace with him.

I'm glad you went Doozer. And I'm glad you made your peace. It really does make a difference.

I'm thinking of you and the rest of your family.

Doozer61 said:

Thank you EVERYONE for all your kinds words and prayers. Now I just hope for a peaceful transition for my father. I have seen him for the last time. I am complete knowing that I have made my own peace with him.

I had no idea my sister would travel that distance, by herself, during the work week...I was sitting in a chair, facing Dad who was doing what dying people do, in a deep sleep, talking in half-sentences...I felt a presence enter the room; I turned expecting to see a nurse and it was Doozer... I actually felt myself do a double-take...

As she approached the bed, its as if Dad felt her as well...he looked at her and he lit up like a light, a huge smile, he reached for her and and said in his typical, playful voice..."Well, look who's here..Hi mija (daughter)..how are you doing?"

Knowing my father, I believe that he does not understand that pain that he inflicted on Doozie in the past years but in that one sentence, I'm hopeful that the two of them spiritually renewed their father-daughter love in whatever form it is that exists between a parent-child ... :hug:

Mr. BAW said:

Knowing my father, I believe that he does not understand that pain that he inflicted on Doozie in the past years but in that one sentence, I'm hopeful that the two of them spiritually renewed their father-daughter love in whatever form it is that exists between a parent-child ... :hug:

Thank you for acknowledging that. I appreciate it. And yes, it was at that moment that I sent him a message letting him know that I forgive him and I forgave myself as well. That was a very powerful hour and a half for me. :hug:

Doozer61 said:

I did this with my dad for aover a month everyday. Believe me Doozer you won't regret it. :hug:

Went to see Dad this morning; he was visibly tired and his ordeal has taken a toll just since Tuesday morning...he did not appear to realize who I was until several minutes into the visit; he was very respectful to Char and told her it was "nice to see you again"....when I told him that it was Ricky standing behind me, he looked at him, extended his hand and said, "very nice to meet you young man!"

Ricky and his grandfather haven't seen each other in nearly 10 years, that was at our wedding; even then, I don't suspect there was much conversation between the two of them...a lot of things happened during those years when Ricky was young....he took the death of my mom, his Nana, extremely hard...and, in what seemed to be like an immediate reaction, grandpa remarries and the new step-grandma is anything but a grandma figure....son, you harbor a lot of pain and rightly so; nonetheless, I'm very proud of you that you joined me on this trip to see him....

One of Ricky's last experiences as a child with his grandfather was when we unexpectedly met at a hardware store, Ricky was in his Little League uniform...something about that last meeting may have led to today's conversation; Ricky wore a Volcom ball cap..my father saw the ball cap and asked Ricky if he and the team had a game tonight...Understanding the situation, Ricky just shook and said "no"..

The visit was short, my father drifting off to sleep during mid-sentence; I pushed his wheelchair around the complex for a while, sat outside and enjoyed the warm desert air and then rolled him back inside...he's definitely eating his meals, matter of fact, he may have gained a pound or two but one last statement from him kinda sums up his frustration and his illness; he said, "God, I feel like I'm losing my mind!" Live another day, Dad...

Mr. BAW, my contiuned prayers are with you and your family.

This is just a bit off topic..... you have such a wonderful and touching way with words. Maybe you should consider writing a book some day. If you are already a writer I'm sorry for assuming you haven't written something already.

That you for your warm thoughts and the compliment. :hug:
This week's work schedule is tight and thoughts of seeing Dad were slim...

But...I just received a car versus pedestrian accident in Palm Springs..already set for Friday morning so I'll be visiting Dad by noon. Seems that things just happen to work out; more to follow by this weekend...his wife is back in town so he's having a regular visitor other than my nephew.

Thanks again to all.

Last edited:
The entire BAW-clan extends a huge thank you for the continued prayers and good thoughts directed toward Dad's illness; I paid Dad a visit today and found him sitting in the hallway as they were painting his room; he had a couple of choice words about the interruption of his daily routine (he had been watching golf) but he was in overall good spirits...He seems to have faded a bit more in the past week and there's been a definite weight loss; I thought I'd take the opportunity to post a photo of him that was taken today .. he managed a smile despite it all...Thanks again for all of your kind words and blessings....BAW-crew.

3448336723232%7Ffp3%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3B58632396nu0mrj

big :hug:s to all the BAWs.

that picture is wonderful Mr. BAW, thank you for posting it.

as always, continued prayers.

Back
Top Bottom