Our Father Needs Your Prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to each and every one of you for your thoughts...I called my father's home today; I asked to speak with him but I was told that he was "outside talking to a neighbor"...that, in and of itself, is great news...Char and I will be visiting with him tomorrow...he lives in Palm Springs, about an hour and a half from us...we'll report his condition and other news then...please stay behind us in this...Bless you all.

BAW's & Doozie & DMP

Went to Dad's today and I was quite surprised; I got there around 10:30 AM and he was sitting in the front room with his legs propped up watching the Indy 500....he was happy to hear that he would be leaving the house to go visit with relatives in nearby LaQuinta. There, he visited with my brother, SIL, two grandkids and 3 great-grandkids...

All in all he was in good spirits; he is visibly slimmer but he had his quick wit about him. I will post two pic's later... I was really inspired when he mentioned that the Hospice worker knocked on his door and asked to speak "with the patient..." He told her, "You're looking at him!" She asked, "Shouldn't you be in bed?" and he told her it was "1 o'clock...why should I be in bed???" LOL

Long story short, he told me several times that, "I am not gonna let this beat me, I'm going to fight it!" :heart: that's our Dad...

Folks, thank you for your prayer and kind thoughts...

BAW's, Doozer and DMP

Thank you friends; I'll post updates during the week...I'm having trouble posting pic's through the gallery...I need the Mrs. to help me out...your prayer and kind thoughts are most appreciated..:heart:

this is BAW, posting on Mr. BAW's computer :)

Thanks SO much everyone for your kind words and prayers. :hug:

Here are a few pics from Sunday that Rick asked me to post for him.

Rick, Dad and brother Ed
343%3A7%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D32329789%3A8933nu0mrj

Dad with the girls :wink:
343%3A7%3A8%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D82%3B%3D%3B88%3DXROQDF%3E2323887%3A99843ot1lsi

Another update to our situation - today I learned that my father has been diagnosed with Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia...now its one of the slower progressing diseases of the cancers but the issue is that we are not sure how long he's had it before diagnosis...BAW and I did some head-knocking and she recalls a conversation with my Dad over a year ago, in our home, where he mentioned some blood work and he threw the L word in there...

I have a vivid memory of another conversation in August, 2004, wherein he told me that he was bruising quite easily.....well, I've researched the disease and learned that "Abnormal bruising often does not appear until late in the illness..." That was last August.

Please understand that we're in the dark on this because my father's wife, #1 doesn't speak English very well and #2, she's still in that "not trusting the Estrada family" mentality despite that fact that I've been accepted as the liason between us and her.

Dreadfully, I must report that tomorrow, I am going with my Dad and his wife to visit the mortuary to discuss plans....this must be done and I've chosen myself to fulfill the role. I'm thinking that my BAW will go with me to serve as my support. I will let everyone know what's happening; your prayers are working, I'm told that my father's appetite is better and he seems very active in the past 2 days...

Peace be with you.

Last edited:
I was really not looking forward to going with Rick to make the final arrangements today but its really, really hard to be sad when the person who is arranging his own cremation keeps cracking jokes at the mortuary!

Not only did he say it doesn't matter where we stick him after he's gone because he won't be there, but he said we could put his ashes in a golf ball or inside a Christmas ornament and hang him on the tree :giggle:

Gotta love his spirit! :heart:

Take Care!

A prayer to your dad´s health and well-being :) :wave: Glad to hear he´s watching the Indy500 :up:

Back
Top Bottom