Opposites Attract????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunBloc

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anybody have a significant other that just hates U2? We are like night and day on the subject. Every thing other than that seems to be ok. But because we are extreme polar opposites on U2, it is getting to be really annoying. I would like to listen to U2's music when he's around - at least sometimes, but this involves a lot of friction. Can't listen to his music--He doesn't really have any & what he has is country. Anybody ever have a similar situation?

My boyfriend doesn't own any U2 stuff. He doesn't dislike them, but he's just never gotten into them. He respects my love for them though...and has purchased U2 gifts for me. :)

I've never dated someone that liked U2. Now I'd never date someone that didn't :shrug:

If I were to date again :shifty:

It's not make or break just preference and I've tried enough opposites.

I don't think anyone I've dated was as over the top about U2 as I am but they never seemed to mind the music when I had it on :up:

My Ex husband HATED U2. I think that is partly why I was able to make it through the pains of divorce as well as I did, I reconnected with U2 again and haven't stopped playing them and won't. Guess I am making up for lost time? :wink:

mikal said:
my last girlfriend always asked me if i loved Bono more than her.

My boyfriend asks me that if there was a fire, and I could only save him or Bono, who would I pick? :lol:

I guess respect for the other person's ideas is a big key in a relationship. Just SO annoying that he hates something that I really love! He is the one losing out on part of my life, at least at the moment. Your advice helps - thanks a lot! :D

My BF has alot of respect for the band. He even praises them for there longevity in the music buisness and Bono's activism but that is where he draws the line. He said he will never go to another U2 concert with me again.:sad:
He thinks U2 fans are:crazy:

Aaaw go on! Elaborate! I'd love to hear what he thinks of them since I'm always moaning to my friends about U2 fans as well :wink:

A bunch of lame crap. It all just comes down to jealousy - I think.

Back
Top Bottom