Oops Need some Advice Right Away.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok so I entered an Amateur Photo Contest. So I was going to send this photo in
DSCN2774.jpg
and titles it Guatemala Fields Forever.

Well I changed my mind and chose my favorite one, my first great photograph.

7515.jpg

The thing is I forgot to change the title.:ohmy:

So now I receive a letter today informing me my photo Guatemala Fields Forever has gone into the Semi-Finals. So should I call and tell them I forgot to change the title and explain to them what happened? would I be disqualified because of that??

There is a 1,000 dollar Grand Prize and it could go to the Annual Grand Prize of 10,000 dollars.

I can't see where contacting them would be such a big deal (unless they have rules about not making contact -- re-read the rules to make sure). If there are no rules against it, I would try to contact them and explain what happened and see if the title can be changed.

Congratulations on getting to the semis! Both of those are beautiful! :yes:

I seriously doubt you'd be disqualified. You'd probably get points off because your picture doesn't match the title! :lol:

Those are beautiful, by the way. I'm a photographer, too, and that's some of the best I've seen. :up:

I don't have any advice for you (although I doubt you'd be disqualified), but those pictures are beautiful.

that's a pretty scary photo! :yikes:

:up: nice work!

I don't think they'd disqualify you, if you'd just explain what happened... besides, the pic is already in the semifinals, and it's judged by the picture, not the title right?

Justin I wouldn't worry about it. Go ahead and tell them the correct title. They can't disqualify you for the title, they judge based on the quality of the work itself. That being said, that is a very beautifully haunting picture. Keep up the great work!

It really reminds me of some of the scenes in Brothers Grimm

Good decision going with the second. Great photo. I agree that it looks like something out of a fairy tale. :up:

And unless the rules state that you can't change something, I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem. And if I were judging it, I would probably be a tad confused at the title. At the very least, I don't think it would hurt to give them a call.

So I contacted them and they said the form I got where I initial that it is my photo there is a space in case of name change. So I did that and mailed it off. I will keep you all updated if I make it to the finals and win.

Congrats on the nomination but beware of any contest that asks you to submit any fee or other consideration for "the next step in judging"...there have been other members here who have submitted similar photos and were asked to pay an "assessment fee" of sorts to be considered for the next level...that's a red flag!

Good luck nonetheless; where is Moss Beach?????

Moss Beach is about 10 min from Half Moon Bay or about 20 minutes from San Francisco. There is no fee, thank goodness.
mb.jpg

Took this over their too
IMG_48244.jpg
. I had so many choices but I chose that one.

Glad to hear the name change should work out OK. :up:

I think you made the right choice as far as photos go; they're all beautiful photos, but there's a sublime quality to the Moss Beach one that very few photos have, no matter how high the quality of the photographer's work in general. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom