Okay, how gross is that?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
When I was gone for some days now my parents and me went into some church :rolleyes: and actually chruches are neat, tidy,etc but this one freaked me out.

On the sides of the altar they laid out real skeletons of some patron saints of that church. Not just plastic bones or a nice painting or something - no. :tsk:

Real bones of men were dressed in gowns, wore shoes and sometimes hats and held books in their hands and their skulls looked at the visitors and...:yuck: It was so disgusting cos wherever you turnd there was one of those things draped in a corner behind a glass staring at you. Seethrough nets were pulled over their skulls for holding everything in place. :barf:

That's really one of the grossest things I've seen in a while.

u2loopy said:
That's creepy!!!!:no:

Happy Halloween????? :shrug:
Nonono. :no: No Halloween joke. Honestly. These men are there all over the year.

I can stand a lot but these skeletons really gave me the creeps. I think if the people there really sort of 'worshipped' their patrons, they should have given them their last peace in a quiet grave instead of being dressed as a puppet. :(

This is not unusual in some parts of the world. Old relics, even bones or body parts of "saints" are treasured relics. Historically, these were prized objects thought to bring ?? to the local church.

I'm not sure how the skeleton helps in the worship of God however.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom