Okay... confession time! (music related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I like that song Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park. There, I said it. :reject:

Generally I don't like Linkin Park because of their annoying screamo/terrible rap combination. I think I like the afore mentioned song probably because despite the "kill me now" lyrics, musically it comes so close to the type of conventional modern rock that I enjoy. The new song does that too but... it doesn't do as much for me like Habit does.

Okay I'm ready to be crucified now like in the Delilah thread. :drool:

My brother really likes Linkin Park. I hate almost every genre of music that isn't rock and roll (i.e.: metal, scream, rap, hip hop, funk, country, classical, techno, etc.).

I think Linkin Park is sort of scream, my brother keeps playing this song called "Giving Up" and he just screams for like 20 seconds.

I'll take my U2, Springsteen, Police, Who, Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire, Bowie, DMB, and RHCP thanks.

unico said:
i like that one that goes

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP WHEN IM TALKIN TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP
SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP

SHUT! UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha that's kinda fun to sing! Shut uuuuuuupppppppp!!!!!!!! Everything you say to me!!!!!!!!!! lol

I like "In The End" and "Crawling"
Crappy, but still good

I misread that as Limp Bizkit and was going to confess to liking "Break Stuff," but then I realized you said Linkin Park, and ... well, I don't actually know any Linkin Park songs.

They really do blow, but that song In the End is catchy.

It's good enough to not realize it's by Linkin Park, the favorite band of 5th graders everywhere.

Zootlesque said:
I like that song Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park. There, I said it. :reject:

Generally I don't like Linkin Park because of their annoying screamo/terrible rap combination. I think I like the afore mentioned song probably because despite the "kill me now" lyrics, musically it comes so close to the type of conventional modern rock that I enjoy. The new song does that too but... it doesn't do as much for me like Habit does.

Breaking the Habit is a GREAT song!!! dont hide!!! ;)

I dont like Rock/rap combo either but this song and a few others from linkin Park are quite good...I would pay to see them though...
Oh and the vid for Breaking the Habit is great too!!!:up:

I hate almost every genre of music that isn't rock and roll (i.e.: metal, scream, rap, hip hop, funk, country, classical, techno, etc.).

:huh:

That's really painful to read, sorry. Worse than reading about someone that likes a Linkin Park song.

Other than the severe beating you would get, why is this thread not in B&C? Is this really "confessional" material?

I personally don’t mind LP, they’re better than other stuff out there but the whole rap-rock thing is getting pretty tired (if you are not Rage Against The Machine, don’t even bother IMO), it would be nice if it was just the angry singer guy…

I like Linkin Park. I was on a first date with this guy, and one of their songs came on the radio, and we both admitted to secretly liking them. That pretty much guaranteed that there was gonna be a second date.

I like linkin park :yes: only their biggest mistake EVER IMO was rerecording Numb with that rapper dude....
the original is one of my fave songs!
breaking the habit is cool.... From The Inside too, but if you don't like screaming you might wanna pass that... With You is ok aswell...
Original version of Numb: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

oh and papercut is pretty good too!

the Shut up when I"m talking to you song is One Step Closer btw...

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:
Other than the severe beating you would get, why is this thread not in B&C? Is this really "confessional" material?

I personally don’t mind LP, they’re better than other stuff out there but the whole rap-rock thing is getting pretty tired (if you are not Rage Against The Machine, don’t even bother IMO), it would be nice if it was just the angry singer guy…

I think everytime zoots makes a topic about music it's a semi-confession, so yeah, it probably belongs here. I hope that one day someone that knows both Zoots and I gets married so that we both get invited to the wedding, cause I want to be at the table when Zoots says, "Hey, you know what? I don't care what anyone says, but the Chicken Dance is a GOOOOOOD friggin' song....who wants to dance?.........what?"

I agree with the second part - I'd like them better without the silly "rapper" guy. He's awful. If I rapped, that's how I'd sound, which is why I don't rap. :happy: Then again.....he's made millions....shit. owned again. :sigh:

Galeongirl said:
I like linkin park :yes: only their biggest mistake EVER IMO was rerecording Numb with that rapper dude....
the original is one of my fave songs!
breaking the habit is cool.... From The Inside too, but if you don't like screaming you might wanna pass that... With You is ok aswell...
Original version of Numb: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

oh and papercut is pretty good too!

the Shut up when I"m talking to you song is One Step Closer btw...

remember back in the day when LP first came out and then there was a huge rush of Dragonball Z/LP Music videos? This one was one of my favorites: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=1784

:heart: Trunks :heart:

My friend and I made the funniest (and most irreverent :reject: ) joke the other day and it ended with him singing the first lines to "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne.

Ever since then I can't get that damn verse out of my head! :mad:

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don't like your girlfriend
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend!

i freakin love Linkin Park. From The Inside is one my favorite songs from them.

Back
Top Bottom