Ok, this is really icky.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
My baked potato was full of melting butter, and the broccoli and carrots were there in the other bowl, raw and delicious. I'd rinsed off the broccoli, just to get the little bits of dirt off.

The potato was great. I noticed that the carrots weren't as crisp as I like, but they were old. The broccoli was great, all green and full of vitamins. But I did also notice a little, tiny bug in the bowl of veggies. Just a little one; that happens sometimes with fresh veggies. Then there was another one. And another.

Hmmm. I'd eaten a couple of the florets off the broccoli already, but I looked closer at the one big one still in the bowl.

Good thing; it was FULL of the little bugs, all nestled in there so comfy. :no: :eek:

They are all now in the trash. I don't think I ate too many of them. :barf:

gross. you should get some sort of bug induced refund or something. that is heinous.

i am glad you didn't eat them. :wave:

I was eating my cereal the other day, and there was a spider in my bowl...he must have just crawled in. :huh:

That's never pleasant finding bugs in your food. One time, when I was little, I was peelin' corn on the cob for my mom. I didn't realize some of them could be infested with bugs, and this one was just horrid. I threw the corn and ran around the yard screaming for about 5 minutes. I refused to peel or eat corn for a long time after that.

gross

icon_barf.gif

Re: gross

Sicy said:

Now thats what I call a special smilie.

You know martha, if you drink half a bottle of Jack?s now, the little buggies will die. But no need to bug them... take it easy... shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for another excuse not to eat broccoli!! That is seriously disgusting.

My poor mother has had two gross occasions like that. Once I think before I was even born, she was eating cereal right out of the box in the dark watching TV, and after a while she started feeling something crawling up her arm. She looked in the box and it was full of ants.

Another time she was at a restaurant near our old house - she cut into her chicken parm and there was a big old cockroach baked right into the middle of it! I dont know if I'd ever be able to eat again if that ever happened to me!

Hee hee. My hubby did something similar. We were watching a movie one night, and he got this craving for brussel sprouts (yes, he's weird that way!). So he went out into our garden and cut a stalk, quickly pulled the little guys off and steamed them. He came back out and was eating them. I could hear this crunch, crunch.... I mean, I know he likes his veggies not totally cooked, but this crunch was strange. He took another bite and then I looked at the other half of the brussel sprout and there were bugs in it! EWWWWWWWW!

Ugh! I'll be sure to thoroughly inspect any and all broccoli that crosses my plate from now on!

This reminds me-

(I swear this is true!)

When I was little, I was eating a bowl of Cocoa Krispies, and there were one or two small dead bees floating in it! I don't know how they got there, and my mother wouldn't believe me when I told her until she saw for herself!

Good thing I don't eat much broccoli.

She ls Raging said:
Another time she was at a restaurant near our old house - she cut into her chicken parm and there was a big old cockroach baked right into the middle of it! I dont know if I'd ever be able to eat again if that ever happened to me!

Nothing on this thread really bothered me untill I read this. Now that is some sick shit.

I eat pretty much only organic produce and the little critters like to hide inside broccoli florets. So I always soak broccoli in water with a few drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract before cooking. If there are critters inside, they will march right outta there. GSE can also be used to purify water when you're traveling in places where the water is iffy. It is a natural antibiotic, antiseptic and disinfectant.

This Public Service Announcement brought to you by joyfulgirl's natural kitchen. :)

joyfulgirl said:
organic produce

I gave up on organic lettuce because early one morning I was packing my lunch and fancied a bit of lettuce on the sandwich. A spider the size of Connecticut crawled outta the head and took off across my counter. It was fucking GREEN and squishy from eating the bugs in the lettuce. I like pesticdes on lettuce now; I guess they're an acquired taste. ;)

:yuck:

i have an insane fear of insects of most sorts.....i try to ignore some things whilst eating so as to not vomit...the cockroach in the chicken...that's just disgusting...purely vomit inducing...

:yuck:

Back
Top Bottom