ok people, your help is needed (in a pay it forward kinda way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by chain:
Some of you should be ashamed. How can you overlook this man of passion?
333%3B%3A46723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E867%3E5%3B%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239524%3A8%3A6nu0mrj

MacPhisto's Dark Knight

manda: Thanks for letting me to join in and be your little sister. It's so warm when there's a person on the internet calls you sister, especially since I'm not very close with my only brother.

BG: Thanks for the nice words and cheers. You're a very nice and kind girl(and sister!!
smile.gif
). Also, you're a great advisor when one feels down. You gave me some good advice half year ago when I was really really down. Thank you!!!

Bonochick: Your funny remarks always make me giggle.

bonovista: I haven't seen her a while but she's still one of the greatest person in interference. When I first joined interference, she welcomed me very nicely and warmly and that's the greatest thing you can do to a newbie...
biggrin.gif

NicaMom: She's the mom of interference. She's always kind and optimistic and caring.

follower and spanisheyes: You two have some of the greatest posts in here. There're always delightful to read and the stories you shared with us always put a smile on my face.

Sicy: It seems that you're feeling a bit down this while. I just want to say that I really appreciate the time and efforts you put on interference. You're a nice girl and you always make me keep on giggling.

Salomey: I want to thanks him for his funny one-liners. His sense of humour is very unique and probably one of the most precious thing in interference. Also, thanks for being a mod and spending time to make this forum a better place.

Foray: She's a very intelligent person and she got a good sense of humour. Hey, she got the attitude!!! :p Also, I have to thank her for the beautiful Chinese New Year postcard. (It's still on my notice board...
biggrin.gif
) Girl, you are cool!!

Angela: Hehe.. thanks for starting the thread!!! You're a funny, kind, intelligent and nice person here. You're the kind of person which I love to meet personally.

Maja: I hope I didn't misspell your name. I think you're a very nice girl. You're brave and kind. Although sometimes things become nasty but you still be yourself and I admire you a lot. Sometimes I want to send you an e-mail and tell you all my thoughts, but I'm too chicken to do so
frown.gif

Trash Can: You're a nice guy, and you're very smart too. I want to thank you for your wonderful words when I was down. They're very helpful!!

Sula: Another intelligent girl. Smart, nice and sweet. Your insightful posts always make my days.

I think I have to stop now as these few already took me quite a while... Maybe I'm going to add some more later. Hope I didn't make a lot of mistake.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 04-14-2002).]

Wow, thanks for the mention, The_Sweetest_Thing and Diamond. That was unexpected and really nice. (By the way Diamond, you've had me laughing my arse off many times
wink.gif
).

I won't name names for fear of leaving someone out, but I've got a long, long list of people whose posts I enjoy reading. There are a number of people here who have really had me laughing out loud, and in general have kept me interested in this place called Interference.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 04-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Arun V:
Diamond is the only one who appreciates me???

nope, so do I.
smile.gif

Love your thoughtful posts.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Ok. Since we are handing out props for folks here are some of mine:

ABEL-Aka The Hug Queen
wink.gif

Rafmed-Viva la Mexico
Diamond-A picture is worth a 1,000 words
U2Bama-witty

Kobayashi-I don't really know, but the movie is one of my top three favs and it makes me think of an actor in the movie I have this kinda creepy attraction to.

I am sure there are others that I have not thought of but I am sure I will remember after I hit Submit Reply.
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 04-15-2002).]

Christiana: first, you spelled my name perfectly. Thanks for all the warm thoughts! As for emailing, just let me know and we can exchange email addys if you want. I like reading your posts - you're one of the nicest persons in here.

This will sound a cliche, but let me just say it's pretty amazing to be named beside so many great people. That goes for all the 3 lists i was a part of.

PS: Can i suggest something? When this thread fades away, can we store it somewhere so that anyone can look it up when needing to be cheered up? Or just reliving the joy they got at reading their names the first time around?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-15-2002).]

well, I'm bound to leave out someone, but here goes: Moonie for being so great, letting a complete stranger room with her/stay with her at her apt. last November; Mrs. Edge for being so sweet, and for being my first 'Pleba friend' with a lust for Edge equal to my own; Bluey, Mona, Echo, Julie (and many others!) who have kept me in stitches and tears with their wit and hilarity; Fishy for helping design some of the first Pleba t-shirts...that uh, never really materialized; Sula for just being all-around great; Sicy for being the most kick-ass mod chick west o' the Pecos; and ELVIS, who's website literally changed my life in ways I can't even verbalize.

All I can say is: THANKS! (((hugs)))

Ok, some of these people I talk to, some I don't... I just admire them for their posts and such!
All the of the MPS gang: Bluey, bbug, Fishy, Julie, Olive, Scotty, Opal, JennyBean, Mona, Numbers, Disco and anyone else I might have forgotten. You guys always manage to make me laugh and never fail to help me out when I feel like an assbag. You all are truly great people and I?m so glad I got to know you all better. I can't wait to meet you guys!
biggrin.gif

Mrs. Edge, you were one of the first people that I started talking to on this board, and you have been nothing but extremely kind and generous everytime I?ve seen you post. Plus, you're a fellow Edge girl, and that says a lot.
wink.gif

Sicy, you are such a cool and nice person and I love the way you handle things around here. Keep it up!
Giant Lemon, I've always thought that you are one of the nicest people on the board. Your generosity and creativity always come through in your posts.
Acrob@t, you gave me some boots for free! I'll never forget that and I'll always be grateful. Thanks for being such a nice person.
Jeez there's so many people that I admire on here but never talk to... Well, here's a list of people that either make me laugh or make me think... usually both.
Zooropamanda, Sula, Elizabeth, Wanderer, melon, 80s, Bama, Lilly, DB9 (sorry I never introduced myself in Phoenix!), Gramps, Maddie, Gina Marie, all the PLEBA girls, Angela, Deathbear, April, AM, martha, Echo, kobayashi, Elvis, spanisheyes, foray, Skeek, and? yeah. I shouldn?t have made such a big list b/c I know I?m forgetting people. Anyway, I feel like a stalker now. But everyone here on the board rocks, and has helped to make up a great place where I spend way too much time.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 04-16-2002).]

Ahh, my friends. As an ape, I enjoy all of the posts on this marvellous board. Though at times I have traded insults with the fabled LOVE MUSCLE I harbor no ill will in his direction. And Mocool, my friend, I love your posts if only because they provide me with spelling to correct. (ha, ha, I am only jesting, my friend) You helped to make me who I ape-ily am, in the Great Ape Escape, and I thank you most heartily.
I should like to thank Can't See or Be Seen for my banana bike. It is a most useful contraption, and helps me to get places I ape-ily could not with my withered ape knees. What a thoughtful gift!

Thank you all for being, how shall we say, "keen." There are no clydes or squares here!

I leave you with:
*banana of friendship*
*palm frond of primate solidarity*
*coconut of philosophy*

------------------
"You might say I'm the 'top banana'!" ~ myself

All of the people in PLEBA for making me laugh and cry. Also all of MPS, I know it's not technically part of interference, but it did start here and I wouldn't know them without PLEBA. All the MPSers are the most kind, funny, and geniune people. I really feel close to them even though we've never met. Thanks for always being there and accepting me in all my craziness!!
smile.gif

((Interference))

when i thanked everyone before, that wasnt including foray. she doesnt really count to begin with anyway, but i just need to make sure all of you knew that.

oh dear. im not turning this thread into a lame "funny" thread, i just...i dunno. why am i posting this?

*heich

------------------
-deathbear

hush up your royal bearness.
we all know you're in love with furry.

I'd like to thank all the very kind people who've mentioned me. im humbled.

U2girlie...you're a real character at feedback and the place wouldnt be the same without you. You stand up for what you believe in and thats something I truly admire. You are the true Feedback trooper if ever there was one. You're getting cheekier as you get older too and you make me laugh
smile.gif

Naya..Not ever really someone Ive chatted to but she has the best taste in men
biggrin.gif

Naya always strikes me as being a gorgeous and kind girl with a big heart.
She seems like a beautiful person, inside and out. I'm glad she's around feedback.

unforgettablefoxfire...a lovely guy whom slips in those witty comments, that many times I think a lot of people miss because hes very sly about it. Very clever young lad methinks he is.
He never has a bad word to say here and has made me giggle many times with his posts.
Thanks matey
smile.gif

Oh...time to add more...

~Whacka, you were always concerned with putting a smile on my face, which you always succeed in doing. I appreciate that more than you know.

~WildHonee (Mona), there seemed to be animosity between us at first, but many of your posts make me laugh

~Arun, remember my email? Just a reminder that you totally kick ass. I've told my friends about you.

~Simon...a lurker of Interferencer...or maybe he has registered now? Well, if you're reading this, thank you so much for that special Sunday edition of the Irish Times with the U2 disc and all. That was very kind of you.

~mikal, though you don't hang around here much anymore. Thanks for a great night of partying in Green Bay. Thank you for sharing your beer with my friends. However...I will drink you under the table when I come back home for my 21st.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-16-2002).]

Yes...and I also must mention...

To all of the Dream Out Loud folks...a huge thank you for sharing your work and for reading and commenting on mine. It's a great little nook in Interference.
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Shucks, zoomanda. All that praise for silly lil' me? I just do what i can at being me - if that's approvable by others, then my "mission" is more than accomplished.

(You are) Definitely one of the most notable persons in here (and i mean that in the best possible way). One of those people you'll never see fight or get nasty, and one of the warmest people around.

ps: oh yeah, i'm a character allright.
wink.gif

pps: See, i forgot to add a very special brand of "thank you" i didn't do before.
All praises feel incredible, but there's absolutely NOTHING like an approving post of a person you had an argument with before. I mean, those have a sky-high Awwww factor with me.
smile.gif

Simply a response by such a person in one of my threads (not even directed at me per se) totally makes my day.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-16-2002).]

joyfulgirl - although she and I can agree to disagree on some issues, I have always been impressed with the classy way in which she handles herself on this forum. She's witty, wise, warm and wondeful. If I had an older sister, I would wish her to be like joyfulgirl.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
joyfulgirl - although she and I can agree to disagree on some issues, I have always been impressed with the classy way in which she handles herself on this forum. She's witty, wise, warm and wondeful. If I had an older sister, I would wish her to be like joyfulgirl.

Ok, I said to myself that I wasn't going to peek in here because in another forum I frequent these kinds of threads always turn into a popularity contest and so I never participate. But even I cannot resist the high praise of ms. sula. Blushing all over myself. Right back atcha, girl!

I'd like to mention a couple of people who haven't been mentioned yet (I don't think) and who I have not interacted with very much, and who will probably never read this, but I always enjoy their posts. Plus, they are in the *cougholdfolksclubcough* with me: doctorwho & u2utah, stand up and take a bow. Better yet, pull up a chair, stay awhile, and let us hear from you more often.

And HeartlandGirl--if only I'd had a teacher like you.

Wow, thank you zoomanda for your description of me. That's really a nice thing to say. And the same goes for you: i think you're one of the nicest people on this board and the one with the best taste when it comes to men.
wink.gif

Thanks again.
smile.gif

------------------
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

Agree with Joyfulgirl about these kind of threads (mainly because I know I never get mentionend
biggrin.gif
) but can't stay away from them either.
wink.gif

But to mention a few:
U2girl - great spirit
Diamond - most of the time I disagree with you but you are always calm and nice
joyfulgirl - openminded
melon - I simply like most of your posts
salome - few words most of the time but oh so effective
smile.gif

There are many more I'd like to mention but it would take forever and I will most likely forget most anyway.

Oh, Jody, she needs a special mention. She has probably said the nicest thing about me a day when I needed it the most, and that without even have spoken to me before. You are the best girl!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

You know, eventually i'm going to run out of nice things to say back to you folks...
wink.gif

MissZooropa: thank you very much for your kind words. We don't interact a lot but for one thing, i liked it when you posted the shirtless Bono pics in PLEBA back then...also, anything by you is usually very kind and open-hearted.

ps: It's a shame, but unfortunately there's too much of people around so that every single one could be mentioned.
BUT lurkers or just readers or chatters are as much a part of this place as the regular, better known posters.
Y'all deserve a huge THANK YOU as well.

*ack..*

Okay... I'm getting vechlempt!!! Tawk amongst yourselves... Topic: Plebs were lower class roman citizen, Plebians are horny, funny girls... discuss!!!!

WOW!!!!!!! OMG! I just got this thread pointed out to me and I'm SHOCKED at how many people are so sweet, I haven't been around here for ages and ... just totally surprised wow. Omg. LOL! *BLUUUUUUSH of EDGE like Proportions*

First of all... Diamond... do you mean me? *looks around* if you did thanks!!! If you didn't, umm... just let me be deluded okay? Lol! Mrs Edge I miss you tooooooo I'm such an email wanker, I just... gah. You will be emailed with the epic saga that is my academic misery... My list:

All the MPSers!!!! YEAH! BABIESSS!!!!! Umm.. I mean... oh, how drole darlings. *regains dignity...damn my split personalities* Beebs for encouraging an unhealthy fantasy life, Fishy for cheerleading... from the floor, Olive for the insane epic sagas!!!, Scotty for... uhh ... we won't go into that here *wink*, Numbers for having a nickname that sounds like a ganster, Disco for being the poshest of all phistos, Bona my partner in crime from the beginning, JennyBean for being UBER UBER UBER sweet... (if they added her to diet coke it would not taste like ass), Mookerrammalamadingdong! heh, Mona for the ginormous sigs, Opal (more techie than a topaz baby RRROW!)for being like a great bra... pretty, supportive and cheap.
smile.gif

Furthermore:

MRS EDGE!!!!! She's just oh, she's like BUTTAH...BUTTAH that girl!
Naya.. oooh cool mermaid hair
MG we go waaaaay back, yeah
Arun V for teaching me that cotton is the fabric of bastards!
Maddie for being maddie
Diamond for ... including me when I had no idea he knew I was alive
Riddler WHERE ART THOU???
Slaney for being cool!
Jtree Hey baby, I still got the tamborine and I'm sorry I haven't written... Je suis un wanker.

And everyone else.
smile.gif

Great thread. If I missed anyone blame it on the fact that I'm running on FUMES today.

I knew I shouldn't have made such a long list. You always forget people...

U2girl--not cause I want your praise here or anything, but because I admire you. You take a lot of crap sometimes, but you never let it bother you and you always pull through. I haven't agreed with everything you've always said, but I respect you opinion and admire you for always expressing yourself.
Plus, it's great to meet another Slovenian!

ACK!!!!!

*RUNS back into thread in jammies*

JULIE!!!!! yes.. JULIE too, oh father below I can't believe I ... I'm SO SORRRYYYYYYY!

*sob*
*hug*

Forgive me Julie... you kick so much ass on a regular basis and you have the BEST taste in footwear!

*HUG*

Db9... Umm that wasn't me. *pause* But I'm just going to go on pretending it was, okay? Okay...

*self delusion*

Mmm.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
U2girl--not cause I want your praise here

Well you'll get my thank you. How's that?
smile.gif

I like your posts and yes, it's always great to meet Slovenians! Thanks a bunch for your praise.

Originally posted by U2girl:
It's a shame, but unfortunately there's too much of people around so that every single one could be mentioned.
BUT lurkers or just readers or chatters are as much a part of this place as the regular, better known posters.

lurkers are nothing, and newbies are less than nothing.

lets keep things in perspective.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by kobayashi:
but if all newbies are nothing then how does anyone ever become anything?

by shutting their stupid faces and letting the test of time work its magic.

also, "dry-humping" works wonders.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by U2girl:

what about fan clubs??? discuss!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
just what you need ->Sparky Love

Back
Top Bottom