ohdear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue_Angel

Acrobat
I met the cutest kid at rock-climbing today (I learned how to belay!!!!) and Im not sure how to approach him. I mean he's an upperclassman and I am a lowly freshman :D
but he is so incredibly hot and yet seems to have a personality to match. those are so rare. I wouldnt be surprised if he has a girlfriend, some totally gorgeous, girl with the coolest personality...

but anyway, how do i talk to someone like that? he kept smiling at me but that may have meant absolutely nothing. I need advice please!!!! :help: hehe that is the cutest smiley ever :D

Hmmmm

I've been married just shy of 4 years, known my husband almost 9, sadly I've forgotten how most of that mushy-beginning stuff goes. Sorry :(

But maybe you can start a conversation about rock-climbing and go from there, something like, "Wow, you really seem to know what you're doing, how long have you been into rock climbing?"
People love to talk about themselves, so as long as you get it going in that direction, he should take over! Good luck.......:wave:

yeah i know but I am so scared it wont go any further cos I am too nervous!! thank you though :)

you know what? if i see a totally hot guy, i just act as if he's not all that. i talk to him like any normal guy about anything thats happening at the moment. even though my insides are screaming "wtf are you doing!!!" i end up making good conversation with him. its all about the attitude:cool: just be yourself, and have a good time:)

see but I act too normal!!! I am missing the flirting gene i think :D

of course I should go to the master of love, deathbear :eek: :p

Re: wanderer, that was not nice, lol

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm horrible at talking to guys I dig, I get all red-faced and probably say the dumbest things. :der:

I'm exactly the same way!!!! I always get all :eek: :der: :silent:

good luck Blue_Angel!:happy:

Its easier said than done but the best approach is to act as naturally as possible. I would never recommend approaching this kind of situation with such strong implications set in your mind. I would consider approaching all the new people your going to meet as possible friends..anything more than that will develop itself and shouldn't need to be forced or contrived :)

...and you have an interest in rock formations so you have a foundation to build upon :D

scattero, I was just reading what u said about not getting drunk in dol, and everything u always say, we seem so alike!! hope that's not offensive! hehe

very true Acroman, friendship is definitely the best route to go and I would go that way first except I get too nervous,ya know?? oh yeah and i am now going to kill u for that HORRIBLE joke :D

thank you guys, sorry i always whine about this stuff here, someday when I stop being afraid I'll shut up about it :)

..believe me when I say I would be very suprised if you were even close to how shy I am in these situations..its something I can't understand, or comprehend..I have no idea if I'll ever move away from it and would rather not imagine how many times it may hold me back...all I know is there are more people in the same situation than I used to believe..I really don't think you have too much to worry about..you have so much going for you (you can slap me for that compliment :D), and I would imagine there will have been many guys you've met..and will meet that will be thinking along the exact same lines you are/did/will :huh: ..just a question of who wants to make the leap..~

Originally posted by Blue_Angel
see but I act too normal!!!

:silent:

Last edited:
I get accussed of flirting all the time with every male I meet becuase my friends are afriad of guys even tho we have guys in our school but i love talking i cant stop talking i talk to everyone even if i have never met them before its fun!!!!!!

so all you have to do is...your rock climbing right???....so you cant do something and you ask him for help and then you say oh i like your t-shirt or top or just compliment him or something trust me a compliment is a good thing to do ppl like compliments and then just chirp away to him....its easy i do it all the time!!! And anyway if you think he is gonna not talk to you or want to go out with you i doubt that would happen he'll talk back to you :D

So BabyG what's happening with the cutie? :D

I think everyone has submitted very good advice. You're a cool and beautiful girl, so I'm sure he won't mind if you want to get to know him better.

Good luck !

p.s: does he look like heath?;) :D (jk)

not too much Naya :D
ive only been rockclimbing once since i posted this and I only talked to him a little :slant:
no he doesnt look like Heath, he's kinda quiet, has dark hair and the most gorgeous, long eyelashes hehe

*punches Acro
yeah and btw you have no reason to be afraid either :)

Back
Top Bottom