Oh shit! is not a good way to answer the phone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
My friend just called to tell me that she and Steve were hitting the 91 on the way home from Nevada. I was washing out a crystal vase, and it had some soapy water in it. As I picked up the phone, my hand with the vase in it tilted and water spilled out onto the floor.

I swear my mouth was forming the word "Hello," but the water spilled just as I started to say it, and since I have a potty mouth, "Oh shit!" came out just as I answered the phone.

:reject: It could have been anyone calling me. My tax guy has been calling to get me to schedule. My mom calls. My mother-in-law calls when Steve is scheduled to come home.

At least the last two wouldn't have been surprised at my greeting.

Heh, been there, done that.

A year ago when I was still at school, I got an annoying sales call and I hung up on them. Immediately afterward, the phone rang again. I said 'hello' twice, and since there was a pause, assummed it was another solicitor. So I yelled "fuck off!" into the phone and hung up. The phone rings again, and when I pick up it's my dad. "Hell of a way to answer the phone" he said. Turned out the second call was him, but at least he was laughing about it.

At my work the Vice Principal has a very similar phone number to the Security Office. I obviously speak to the Vice Principal in a different tone then the ex-military staff over at Security. Im in contact with the Security Office daily (sometimes people report emergencies to the main Security number and sometimes they ring the main Safety number ie my number, so we exchange info alot and have developed a shorthand for doing so that, lets just say, Lady Di would not be very impressed with) Very rarely does the Vice Principal call. I have caller ID on my phone. Yes, I have spoken inappropriately to the Vice Principal. Fortunately he was pretty cool and was actually interested in the situation I thought Security were calling about.

Then we got a new Vice Principal....... and I did it again.

We get a new Vice Principal next month :|

I did the same thing.
I thought a friend was calling and answered in a monster voice, "HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!" <insert Boris Karloff imitation>
it was a friend of the famlies....LOL! oops

Last edited:
LOL!:laugh: I was at a friend's house one day and he answered the phone with "Stanley brothers taxidermy, you snuff em we stuff em!" (his last name is Stanley) lol I laughed myself silly.

Today I answered my mobile (cell for yous in USA) with and Indian accent: "Hello, you have reached The Pataks Maker Indian Restaurant, would you like to be placing an order or making a reservation?" but I had caller ID so I knew it was mum.

i was stuck in traffic on the tri-boro bridge in new york on my way home from college, eh, two years ago i guess. i decided to call my parents to tell 'em i'd be a little late 'cause traffic getting onto the bridge was re-donk-ulous. new york has a law where you can't talk on a cell phone unless you use a hands free device, and the one i had was simply a wire that stuck in your ear and a microphone that ran down in front of your mouth. in other words it's easy to forget you have it on.

anyhoo... i forget that i'm on the phone with my mom, and some stupid lady in her big bad SUV tries cutting me off, even though we're on a one-lane onramp and the only place for me to go would be into the east river. so i scream at this moron as loud as i possiably could "FU$%$ YOU MOTHAFU$%A!!!... oh, sorry mom."

didn't go over to well with the folks, but my friend sitting shotgun almost peed himself in laughter

When my boss called me, I answered the phone, "Henrietta's Whore House, how may I service you?"

:heart: fun with phones :heart:

once and we let the machine pick up cause we thought it was one of my dumb sister's friends calling. And someone said " this phone call is for Shannon [insert last name]. This is the INS..." So I was like wtf? and picked up the phone, and it was my best friend :angry:. I didn't even recognize her voice.

I once answered my work phone "Christie's" as in the auction house, for some reason--it involved some joke, I believe, that had gone on prior to my picking up the phone. So I was laughing and said it. The laughter kind of covered it up, but the lady on the other end was a real bitch and got mad at me. :|

I always say "hello" in the tone of my mood (ranging from friendly question to get lost). When I´m tipsy I say "bonsoir, bonsoir". When I´m in a hurry I say "yes?"

Last edited:
i've dropped something while answering the phone once and instead of hello the person on the other end got "oh f::censored:k, shit sorry, hello?!"

martha said:
My friend just called to tell me that she and Steve were hitting the 91 on the way home from Nevada. I was washing out a crystal vase, and it had some soapy water in it. As I picked up the phone, my hand with the vase in it tilted and water spilled out onto the floor.

I swear my mouth was forming the word "Hello," but the water spilled just as I started to say it, and since I have a potty mouth, "Oh shit!" came out just as I answered the phone.

:reject: It could have been anyone calling me. My tax guy has been calling to get me to schedule. My mom calls. My mother-in-law calls when Steve is scheduled to come home.

At least the last two wouldn't have been surprised at my greeting.
:lol:I think the tax guy would understand it though :hmm:

My buddy called me a while back to talk to me and wish me a happy bday and it was a short and sweet conversation. The phone rings less than ten seconds after I hang up with him and I check the caller ID and its his cell phone again calling me. So jokingly I answer the phone "yes, FuckHead, what did you forget?"
His Mother replies "Hi Dan Im just calling to wish you a happy birthday.......oh and by the way ...this isnt Fuckhead"
Me::ohmy:

TheBrush said:
My buddy called me a while back to talk to me and wish me a happy bday and it was a short and sweet conversation. The phone rings less than ten seconds after I hang up with him and I check the caller ID and its his cell phone again calling me. So jokingly I answer the phone "yes, FuckHead, what did you forget?"
His Mother replies "Hi Dan Im just calling to wish you a happy birthday.......oh and by the way ...this isnt Fuckhead"
Me::ohmy:

:lmao: NICE!

This is Got Philk using Livluv's name:

I used that phrase when work called me one week ago today. Seems I overslept by an 1 hour and 15 minutes and was late for a class I was supposed to teach at the gym. Whoopsie...

I still have my job.

JMScoopy said:

holy shit! my post above was the first one on this thread in damn near 2 years! :ohmy:

How can you NOT KNOW when you're bumping up a 2 year old thread??? Seriously!

everytime I answer our house phone, I have to stop and remember not to say "Good afternoon! Calvin Helpdesk. This is Lies speaking. May I have your name, please?"

Old thread, eh?

Back
Top Bottom