.......oh Im a bad, bad, bad person............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Oh dear.....hi.......:cry: Look guys, I know I havent been on here for ages, so it must be cheeky that I just turn up, but I need to let go.....basically.

For a few weeks now I have NOT been a good Administrator, what with arriving a bit late each mornin and being a bit abrupt with pple on the phone......and esp prehaps listening for the answer Im waiting for and immediately cutting pple off mid-conversation - suddenly realising what I've done and immediately apologising. I think 'why did I just do that? That was wrong!'........
Also I've become lazier in work, with not bothering on keeping on top of things.

I put this down to a number of things but two that stand out could be
A: Im really bored Im not stimulated enough at work, therefore end up finding it a pain to get up and go too knowing what the day is like, believe me, if i was under pressure, I dont think I would be how I am right now!

B: Yea, after the few posts I put down in past, Im still unhappy with me, and cannot motivate myself to go do something outside work. Thus Im now blending the 'unhappy-me-outside-work' into work now which is making me bitter and act the way I do........Ive been lazier getting up in the mornings too.........

Anyway my boss took me aside today and mentioned these to me, and I feel embarrassed that perhaps all Management discussed this and I look like a pr*ck now...........I mean, to feel that I, myself, mighta made myself a topic of conversation for a moment........gawd, its sooooo embarrassing. Its all my fault of course, and it should never have come to this, and sometimes I think Im being laughed at when trying to correct it,etc..........or gossip is 'shes no good anymore, na na - she got told off!'

Oh dear.....please someone else tell me Im bad.....I feel bad.......Ive done this before.........but this company Im in.....have been very reasonable.

I mean, my boss's boss, which would be my main boss, asked her to talk to me instead, because he genuingly didnt want to feel he was upsetting me............of course of course I would rather be picked up by the scruff of the neck and told off, kick in the backside, to re-start again, but Im surprised......I mean, maybe Im no good anymore.................they should replace me.....

And where the hell did all my manners go.............

I've really let myself and the company down......havent I.

Im sorry pple, I just had no-one else to turn and let this out too.

:sad:

I must pull myself together. Why do I keep thinking its more embarrassing to be making an effort.......what f*king head have I got!

:no:

*:tsk: :tsk: at herelf*
and u all should go :tsk: too!

:p

MADDIE!!!!!! :hug:

First of all...you are not a bad person...when was the last time you had a vacation?

You are probably burnt out. Take a week or so off...give yourself some time to re-energize.

Can you transfer to a different area, maybe try something new?
Maybe find a whole new job...

The only :tsk: you are going to get from me, is for being too hard on yourself.

Hi Daisy! :wave: :hug:

Im sorry, but I need to be hard on myself........u could say right now I feel like Im sitting in a large see-through ball, with 10 inch skin so that I can hear no-one scream at me for becoming so slack........Im so slack with myself.

Now, girl in work said, she would go to any new classes at the gym with me, if I wanted to try one, cause like me, she would never go alone.

so thats nice, and she hugs me and tells me to keep my head up when we are out and to never let anyone hurt my feelings - she is kinda like friend/sister I never had.....though we dont go out together - she is just a colleague.

But as far as diff dept or diff job, count that out for now........

Boss is gonna send me on a wee refresher course....:)

so perhaps that cant be too bad..................put it this way I've been like this a couple of times before in this job and been here since 96.

:banghead:

my priorities are up the left, or somethun.

Last edited:
Hey maddie. What you are going trhough is normal. Believe me. I am experiencing the same. For me, it's simply I am not stimulated by my job at all anymore. It *is* very unchallenging, unrewarding and really rather boring. Unfortunately, my attitude gets to the better of me and my dissatisfaction with it all comes through at times. It's also partly due to the fact that my life is in limbo at the moment and I am waiting on something new... and the longer I wait the more frustrated I become. Guess I need to learn t o leave my frustrations at home.
Anyway, maybe this refresher course is exactly what you need right now to respark your interest. Or try the gym with that friend. It's amazing what a little exercise will do to our psyche. Other than that, maybe start looking for a new job. One that will give you more excitment and knowledge that should satisfy your discontent. It's a start anyway.
:hug:
I for one am glad to see you back here! :wave: You have a special charisma we all love and admire.

:) Hope things get better.

:hug: maddie you will be alright, you do sound like you are burnt out of your job and may need to take some time off. we all go through this with our jobs, i know i did last fall. thankfully things have turned around for me. at least you recognize you are in a rut right now. maybe knowing that upper management is looking at your performance may allow you to see what you really want out of your current job. this may be the perfect time for you to make a change in your performance and attitude so you can prove to them that you are a good worker. best of luck and you are not a bad person. :)

if you really are bored at work then start looking for a new job
not even a vacation will make that feeling go away

Angel said:
Hey maddie. What you are going trhough is normal. Believe me. I am experiencing the same. For me, it's simply I am not stimulated by my job at all anymore. It *is* very unchallenging, unrewarding and really rather boring. Unfortunately, my attitude gets to the better of me and my dissatisfaction with it all comes through at times. It's also partly due to the fact that my life is in limbo at the moment and I am waiting on something new... and the longer I wait the more frustrated I become. Guess I need to learn t o leave my frustrations at home.
Anyway, maybe this refresher course is exactly what you need right now to respark your interest. Or try the gym with that friend. It's amazing what a little exercise will do to our psyche. Other than that, maybe start looking for a new job. One that will give you more excitment and knowledge that should satisfy your discontent. It's a start anyway.
I for one am glad to see you back here! :wave: You have a special charisma we all love and admire.

:) Hope things get better.

:yes: to all of this. :) I'm in the same position. Some days are better than others, but you have to decide whether you really want to stay where you are for much longer.

maddie, you seem to have a serious case of boredom. And I can diagnose it to you because that's the same thing that has been bothering me for most than a year now :| I wake up all week mornings thinking 'here I go again' :sigh: I get tired easily, I am lazier than before, I've got no motivation because I see there's no more challenge for me here. And what do I get: Frustation. Because this is the only job that gives me a decent salary I can't quit. So don't feel you're a bad person for changing your attitude towards your job. Perhaps now you don't feel challenged enough or it just plain bores you. talk to your manager about changing to another position. Maybe a change will help improve the way you feel.
Also,
you can take a vacations.Inthat period try and seek for a new job, work there and see if you like it enough to leave the current one.

I wish you feel better soon :hug:

I dunno...do you think you could make it work with a different attitude? Maybe you need another kind of job that would better suit you.

It's great to see you back! :)

I know I was pleased to see you post again. wb

it sounds as though you are feeling a bit stuck there maddie. I think we all have those moments when the grind of it all gets us down. How we react to it is , well for me maybe anyway, cyclic. It can't be good all the time.
Staying active is a separate thing and is very beneficial all the time.(especially as we age, I'm finding out) :sigh: :shrug: :hug:
The offer of having a friend to go to a gym with sounds great. Keep on, I know I need to get my arse in gear and you sharing your story makes me feel I should try to get more organised too. Thanks:)

BEAR HUGS

Attachments

• go thebears.jpg
    go thebears.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 42
hi...

Hi girls and Sal! :D

Well thanks for your support, it helps make me think. Of course Im not alone in this and Im happy to see some of you have been down or are down the same road (I dont mean that in a rude sense).

They always say you can think better the next day. And today all my thoughts are like - new job - where DO you start? Do I go see an Agency? Do I buy myself some Microsoft Books and work on them in the office? How, when, where and what..........are all coming to my head right now. I think, in fact, I know Ive lost lots of skills from not keeping at them. Partly my fault but also Im not getting the chance......ya know?

Right now Im feeling like wanting to go home.....I just want to say 'bye bye' to the boss and clear off, never to return.............

and u know what? If over the next while, I was lucky and was to leave under my own decision? I would only tell the boss and would want absolutely no-one else to know, I wouldnt even want a so called 'leaving-do', or speech or whatever. Nu uh. I would rather leave quietly. I have my reasons on saying that there just now.

Anyhow............feck it! I have GOT to ask for help somehow.........so I will go get some advice and keep y'all posted...........

After all, if I was to go I really truly most likely would never be able to be back at Interland ever again....................so like :D

Gonna go to the library tomorrow.

thanks girls :hug: :happy:

:wave: Maddy :hug: I think almost all of us can relate as you can already tell. It seems you already know what you must do to get over this rut. You're just a lil lost on where to begin fixing it. I wish you all the luck and strength I can give in order to see ya through it all :hug:

Back
Top Bottom