Oh I really hate it when ______!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say hello to someone and they just look at me and do not acknowledge my hello.

yup - and the 'pretend-there-was-no-eye-contact-look-at-the-ground-keep- walking-thing' that goes with it :grumpy:

hello

I hate that it's coming up on the first anniversary of my dog's death and I am dreading it more than any words can say. I wish I could somehow skip that day in a time machine or something-of course it's hard every day but somehow that day seems overwhelming.

:hug: :hug:

I hate hangovers. :angry:

:crack:

:hug: :shifty: . . . these will have you doing :happydance: in no time :wink:

alka%20lemon.gif

So Cal Wildfires :sad: cough...cough

. . . hope you and yours are all okay . . . fires are absolutely terrifying :hug:

when my friend's wife calls me 3 weeks ago and asks if i can reserve my apartment complex party room for tomorrow (which i did) so she can have a bridal shower and doesn't call me this week to make sure everything is ok.

almost makes me want to make other plans

-dan

it can also be hilarious.

besides, i can't judge, i recently went on a bit of a spree removing friends that i didn't need - for want of a better term. do i really need incomprehensible status updates from someone i haven't seen in seven years, and never spoke to before that? no.

i've never defriended anyone :reject:

though i do tire of having to hide shit on my stalker feed since some people love to post on their wall whenever they do anything with an app. it's one thing telling me a quiz result but when you play with 50 different game apps a day? i don't care!

I really hate the "cryptic" Facebook status messages when it's really obvious what the person is on about.

You can hide status updates from certain people. When you're on your homepage if you hover near the top right-hand corner of someone's status a little hide box appears. Click it and a hide nameoffacebookuser option pops up. Saw this tonight.
that's what my hide mafia wars post referenced. i also decided to take the direct route and just remove the people.

You can hide status updates from certain people. When you're on your homepage if you hover near the top right-hand corner of someone's status a little hide box appears. Click it and a hide nameoffacebookuser option pops up. Saw this tonight.
:yes: i am so glad i noticed this on there, my stalker feed is now slightly less cluttered with hiding all this stuff. :crazy:

that's what my hide mafia wars post referenced. i also decided to take the direct route and just remove the people.
the sad thing is the 2-3 people who do this i still consider friends, so i'd not want to defriend them. :reject:

:yes: i am so glad i noticed this on there, my stalker feed is now slightly less cluttered with hiding all this stuff. :crazy:

the sad thing is the 2-3 people who do this i still consider friends, so i'd not want to defriend them. :reject:

I read further down afterwards and realised you (both) knew how to do it so edited the post :lol:

My Facebook is boring. I don't use it much.

yeah. i got lucky that the people who were worst weren't really people i'd ever really considered friends. i have incredible double standards where i'll ignore it from people i know i like :shifty:

My Facebook is boring. I don't use it much.

i use mine way too much. i was on last night and a friend from uni was messaging me, while drunk, asking what i was doing on facebook at that hour. she ended up linking me to a music video she was in and wanted to know if it was still raining so she could walk home :lol:

endless entertainment for those with no life, haha.

:lol: sorry!

in regards to your edit though, i also hate those cryptic statuses. they might as well make their status "pleeeeease comment on my status! i need the attention!"

I used to have ex-work people on it but there was an obscene amount of bitching between people. I moved to a new Facebook instead because so many people were slagging off certain people and then someone would gossip and people were getting dragged into meetings to explain why they said something on their Facebook. Some people didn't realise that when a really gossipy colleague once sent a message that when they hit reply they were posting a reply back to EVERY PERSON getting that message, including the boss. Not a good idea when it was calling them every name under the sun. I would say that's unprofessional but when you work for a circus, I don't blame them really.

i use mine way too much. i was on last night and a friend from uni was messaging me, while drunk, asking what i was doing on facebook at that hour. she ended up linking me to a music video she was in and wanted to know if it was still raining so she could walk home :lol:

endless entertainment for those with no life, haha.

Nobody really talks to me on it. I just like a lot of stuff. Love the like button. Then leave again. My life has been taken over by Windows Movie Maker this week. :drool:

Nobody really talks to me on it. I just like a lot of stuff. Love the like button. Then leave again. My life has been taken over by Windows Movie Maker this week. :drool:

i'm friends with many facebook addicts.

i only really started using facebook chat in a really boring class to talk to other people in the class. kinda felt bad, one girl was sitting at the front of the room right next to the tutor and i kept saying stuff that was making her laugh.

People don't show up for their closing shifts at my job. And then the people who have near-closing shifts (ME :angry:) have to stay an extra hour and a half because others are just too lazy to suck it up and go to work.
My back hurts, I'm tired, this sucks.

/rant

1. Agreeing to pick up a friend at the train station at a certain time and asking them to let you know if there are any problems.
2. Not hearing anything from friend so, assuming all is good, driving to train station only to get there and hear that their train will leave 10 minutes later i.e. the train is delayed by ten minutes. Just fess up and admit that your train service SUCKS, people. :angry:
3. Waiting, waiting, waiting.
4. Hearing another announcement that the train will now leave in 20 minutes i.e. it's now 20 minutes delayed.
5. Still waiting, the train should have left the other station FORTY minutes ago and should have arrived at our station about 15 minutes ago at this point THEN hearing that the train that leaves at 2.30 (by this point it is 2.45, 2.30 was fifteen minutes AGO) is not going to appear. They didn't know this until now? I don't believe that.
6. Calling friend and asking what the craic is and if the train is stuck somewhere only to hear that the 2pm train never arrived so they'll get the next train and it leaves in 25 minutes time.
7. People who don't think to use that mobile you're currently talking to them on to call or text you like you asked.
8. Not calling or phoning the friend before leaving the house because you had a feeling something would happen and they wouldn't let you know.
9. Having to go back home until it's time to go back to the station again.

:angry:

10. Before leaving the house for a second time, calling friend TWO TIMES on their mobile and them not answering.

This train better be there. :crack:

I wish someone would let me tell some honest messages on the train announcer microphone at the train station. I would have so much fun. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom