Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the prayers and hugs etc guys :) Praying for you Acrobat :hug:

Today was a rough day again, another point the fingers at everyone over here when it comes to my Dad being ill and doing stuff for him, of coarse I'm the first blame and the one everyone says is a failure, points fingers at etc.

Its really stressful and its really hurting me emotional I'm close to my Dad's family here have been since I was little, but now I feel like they are not even my family with the way they have been treating me with Daddy being ill and all, I even said you're not my family anymore, family doesn't do the things you're doing now, they are there for support and love and all you're doing is being hateful and hurtful I pretty told them not to speak to me again. There is so much I want to say to them, but I am not a hateful type of person, but all they are doing is making matters worst over here.

They think my Dad doesn't know what is going on, but he does he hears it and sees it which makes him upset etc, which is bad for heart. The doctors said any type of stress can put him back into the hospital and I know all this drama that is going on is stressing him out badly as well as I.

I'm so upset, not just extremely emotionally hurt and heartbroken right now but angry and bitter, I don't want to be this way at all. I miss it when my family understood each another and loved each another now its like we're not even a family. I personally want to get out of here, I'm only staying cause I want to and I need to be there for my Dad, but everyone else wants me gone here. I don't know what to do, I know my faith level is extremely low now and everything, I don't know I just don't know, maybe it would be best if I was gone, I don't know anymore, I give up all together now:sad:

Maybe they are scared? Maybe they don't have the time to devote to your Dad like you do, and have some guilt associated with their not being able to help, and the festers and gets in the way of actual help.
Perhaps, you could ask for some help, one by one, or even a heart to heart talk with one of them that is most accessible, or most close to your Dad.. and explain as simply as possible that you are doing the best you can.. without very much help or support. Try not to place blame(which it sounds like they are doing with you) because it will cause them to withdraw and make them rationalize that what they are doing is the right thing.. Although it isn't the best thing for you and definitely not for your Dad.

I'll keep a good thought going that your care for your Dad is enough to keep the relatives satisfied and that they will realize that they are causing additional stress in his life and in yours and give you some respite. You have given up a lot, and you're very young to have to deal with this as a primary caregiver.

Hang in there, you are being wonderful and I know that your Dad appreciates and loves you very much.

I don't usually post in this thread, but I need to let this out. :sad:

A close friend of mine passed away suddenly a couple of days ago in her sleep. She only just turned 21 at the beginning of April. I really don't know what else to say. :sad:

Please say a prayer for Sarah and her beautiful family. :pray:

I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. So young, and makes it so very difficult to deal as the family and friends of her. I pray that they can find a cause for her death so other families will not have to go through what her family and her friends(you especially - since you came here to this thread) are going through.
Give the parents a call, offer your condolences.. and if you are close enough, go to them when you have a chance and share good stories of your friendship. Her mum and dad will appreciate and love you for it.

My Dad is having Laparoscopic Hernia surgery tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really simple operation so I'm sure he'll be fine, but he's never had an operation before and he's gettin up there in age so I'm a little concerned. Plus he's a very private person and I had to find this out from my mom. :crack:

My Dad is having Laparoscopic Hernia surgery tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really simple operation so I'm sure he'll be fine, but he's never had an operation before and he's gettin up there in age so I'm a little concerned. Plus he's a very private person and I had to find this out from my mom. :crack:
prayers for your Dad, your Mom and your family, Sicy.

It will be just fine! My DH was supposed to have this surgery.. he has a triple hernia, but they are holding off due to bad blood work... found something that is much worse than a hernia.. so, what I'm saying here, if they are doing the hernia surgery and your Mom told you, it's probably due to embarassment.

I'll keep a good thought for your Dad's quick and successful recovery!

Thanks. :hug: He's at home now doing ok. He doesnt like people fussing over him so I just stopped by to say hello and left.

Thanks everyone for the hugs and prayers :hug: :hug: They really mean alot.

I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. So young, and makes it so very difficult to deal as the family and friends of her. I pray that they can find a cause for her death so other families will not have to go through what her family and her friends(you especially - since you came here to this thread) are going through.
Give the parents a call, offer your condolences.. and if you are close enough, go to them when you have a chance and share good stories of your friendship. Her mum and dad will appreciate and love you for it.

Thanks for this post lemon_drop. We've spent a couple of days with her family looking at photos and sharing memories. We'll definitely keep in touch with them.

The funeral was held earlier this week. Lots of tears, stories, laughs and smiles. It was a bittersweet celebration, not the most traditional send off, but it was uniquely Sarah, and I think she would have loved it. :)

Thanks again. :hug:

:hug: 's and :pray: 's to all those who need them.

:cute::hug: thanks Carek :)

Can you all please send prayers and hugs to my beautiful friend, 'A'.
She is battling breast cancer for the third time in her gorgeous life - she makes the sun shine a little brighter when you are in her orbit. She needs her own rays of sunshine at the moment and is in so much pain . . . it hurts to think of her struggling . . . thanks.

thanks for the :hug: . . . :)

not to be greedy but need some more

my beautiful Auntie found out last week that she has inoperable breast cancer that has spread to her liver and her spine . . . truly, my heart just breaks . . .my cousins and my uncle are, understandably beside themselves and the whole family could do with some hugely positive vibes and hugs and sunshine and all the rest . . . thanks guys :)

A lot of hugs, good wishes, prayers and positive thoughts for you from me as well. And to everyone else who is in need of it. :hug: :hug: :hug: x 1000000

Purple many prayers, positives vibes your way:hug:

I can use some prayer myself I went to the doc a few days ago for some "girl stuff" and I've been having some problems with pain and stuff with my ovaries, I had surgery last year to try to figure out what was gonna on but they were not to sure other then adhesions they have found and the pain had gone away, but came back I just started to ignore it and everything but it started to get bad again along with some other things so when I saw my doc a few days ago she thought she felt something that wasn't right and since I was already having pain again that wont go away she rec commanded I see a surgeon again and I'm not to happy about it, I don't want to have another surgery and I'm praying it's nothing more then just adhesions or scare tissue again but I am a bet scared and nervous. On top of I've lost 10 pound went from 110-99 without trying and I have no clue why and Im hoping it's not connected. But I could use some prayers on that for sure. I'm tired of surgeries I've had 4 legs surgeries the last couple of years, that surgery to figre out the pain last year, and then my tonsils out in March. I just want a break. If I do have to have surgery again I pray its nothing major. But man I'm a mess for a 21 year old:( Prayers and positive vibes would be great.

Back
Top Bottom