Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #691
Refugee

Local Time: 08:51 PM
My grandfather was on vacation in Cancun with my grandmother this summer. They arrived on a Saturday and early Monday morning around 2am when he was sleeping he suffered a massive heart attack. My dad who's a cardiologist says it's like flipping a light switch. At least it was quick and painless and he didn't suffer and I can only hope your grandfather didn't suffer and went peacefully too. I hope everything goes well for you and your family at the funeral.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 11-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #692
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:51 PM
I should have found this thread back on Valentines Day when my dear dad left us suddenly. There was, for him, an inner voice that made him grab us closely before he left us. Dad was seemingly in good health. But the last time i saw him, the last time my sister saw him, there was something different about the way he touched us. We could clearly see the emotions in his eyes. Id give anything in this world to go back to that day again just once. Dad was the sweetest man ive ever known. I KNOW beyond the shadow of doubt that he is still there..somewhere...watching over us. Too many strange things have happened..but i know. We know. My faith in God has not faltered one bit. If anything it is stronger. I miss my Dad so much every damn day but i have this strange but not so strange sense that he is here, there, and everywhere. And he is so much better now. Someday we will know.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #693
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Mrs. Garrison, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a little over 13 years ago, and I still miss her every day. I still catch myself thinking things like, "I'll ask Mom; she'll know", or "I can't wait to tell Mom!" So I do. Just before I woke up today, I dreamed that I was at a family reunion at our home place in Virginia, and I was sweeping the floor. I went into the kitchen, and Mom and her mother (our grandma that we called "Ma") were there. Ma was holding a huge (maybe three feet tall) bottle of Bulmer's Pear Cider and was pouring it into a pitcher to serve at the reunion. They decided they'd better taste it "to see if it was okay", and they were both chuckling and giggling. I think that dreams of our departed loved ones are visits from them, and I treasure every one of them. They are still with us!
Old 08-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #694
The Fly

Local Time: 12:51 AM
Hi! I noticed noone has posted for a while but I'm going to take a chance anyway. I apologize in advance for my bad english.
I've to have my nose operated (it's not a plastic surgery), I won't explain the operation here. It's a simple surgery according to I've been told.
The surgery is next Wednesday (5th August), so I kindly ask you if you could said a prayer for me or send good thoughts that day.
Thank you very much in advance and I apologize again for my bad English.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #695
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo_evans View Post
Hi! I noticed noone has posted for a while but I'm going to take a chance anyway. I apologize in advance for my bad english.
I've to have my nose operated (it's not a plastic surgery), I won't explain the operation here. It's a simple surgery according to I've been told.
The surgery is next Wednesday (5th August), so I kindly ask you if you could said a prayer for me or send good thoughts that day.
Thank you very much in advance and I apologize again for my bad English.

Hey, I have surgery two days after you! I'll be sending good thoughts.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #696
The Fly

Thanks nbelcik! I will send goods thoughts on Friday.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #697
Blue Crack Supplier

flo_evans and nbelcik, best wishes on your upcoming surgery--I'm sending you prayers and healing light.

And flo, your English is fine.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:43 AM   #698
Refugee

Thanks to the both of you. This has easily been the toughest year of my life, tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of my grandfather passing away; the stress from that caused my ulcerative colitis to get a lot worse, which caused me to get surgery to remove my colon in December which turned into a month of hell and an emergency surgery due to a very rare complication. Plus I had surgery at the start of this summer. I'll be done after this one but man it's been rough. I've spent 1/6 of this past year in a hospital bed and I should be enjoying my college years like everyone. Hopefully next year will be better.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #699
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbelcik View Post
Thanks to the both of you. This has easily been the toughest year of my life, tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of my grandfather passing away; the stress from that caused my ulcerative colitis to get a lot worse, which caused me to get surgery to remove my colon in December which turned into a month of hell and an emergency surgery due to a very rare complication. Plus I had surgery at the start of this summer. I'll be done after this one but man it's been rough. I've spent 1/6 of this past year in a hospital bed and I should be enjoying my college years like everyone. Hopefully next year will be better.

Oh I am sorry to hear that! I'm positively sure that things will pick up very soon. I'll think of you when I pray
Thank you, MsPurrl
Old 07-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #700
Refugee

I had worked for the same company for 10 years until I was let go last Friday. This was just a couple of weeks after my wife quit her job as the stress was affecting her health. I have never been in this position before and it's quite worrisome. We have no savings to speak of and we're basically paycheck to paycheck. I have already started applying for jobs and filing for unemployment. In the past week I have been up and down. I feel like the more time passes, the bigger the hole will be to dig out of. This sucks!

Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 PM   #701
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
I had worked for the same company for 10 years until I was let go last Friday. This was just a couple of weeks after my wife quit her job as the stress was affecting her health. I have never been in this position before and it's quite worrisome. We have no savings to speak of and we're basically paycheck to paycheck. I have already started applying for jobs and filing for unemployment. In the past week I have been up and down. I feel like the more time passes, the bigger the hole will be to dig out of. This sucks!

I am so sorry, Nate. All good wishes as you look for a new job.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:14 AM   #702
Refugee

Thanks