Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a student from our campus who's missing. He was walking home from a party late Saturday night and never made it back to his dorm. While I don't know him, I do have quite a few of his friends as students, and I'm dreading having to go to my classes today and struggle to find the right thing to say.

gluey said:
Hi guys....

Need some prayers and thoughts for my Aunty. She has been battling cancer for the past 2 years, and finally that battle is coming to an end. She was brought home from hospital today for the last time. I hope she passes quickly without having to suffer too much more pain :sad:

:pray: :pray: :pray:

:sad: My Aunty finally passed away last night after the last few weeks of suffering the final stages of cancer. It's such a cruel disease. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers :hug:

Alicia and Dan, 2 of my high school friends, lost their parents in a motorcycle accident last night.:sad: Please keep them and the rest of their families in your prayers and thoughts.:pray:

U2isthebest said:
Alicia and Dan, 2 of my high school friends, lost their parents in a motorcycle accident last night.:sad: Please keep them and the rest of their families in your prayers and thoughts.:pray:

This is horrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and especially with your friends Alicia and Dan. To lose both parents at the same time is unimagineable. Alicia and Dan will really need your support and friendship at this time. So an extra set of hugs and positive vibes to you that you find the strength to provide your friends with this. Best to you all.
:hug:

A friend of mine died the week before last after being hospitalized when her doctors discovered her baby had died. She was 5 months pregnant
She was still in the hospital when she took a turn for the worse and her organs began to shut down and she died a couple of days later later. She was only 28 years old. She had 2 other children by her first marriage. Her 1st husband died in a car accident 3 years ago.
I still don't know what exactly happened. I haven't been able to get in touch with her current husband. We stayed in contact but she lived in another state. I ran into a mutual friend and she told me what she had found out.
It's so hard to believe. :sad:

new to this thread as well.. :hug:s x infinity to all who have loss that special someone in their lives and all the prayers I can muster go to you all too.

I lost my second cousin in a horrific accident about a month ago. She was such a spirit and so full of life.. Always happy, carefree with so many friends. She was riding her bike home from work at a good pace I guess, and tried to cross railroad tracks but didn't make it because a train hit her. She was alive for only a couple of hours.. It was awful, my mom who is super close to her (she was like a daughter but is her cousin) and her parents was just wrecked by this news. As was I and the whole family. My mom is doing fine now for the most part and her parents are hanging in there.. My great aunt still acts as if nothing happened and my great uncle is grieving and mad.

Life is just too short and anything can happen at anytime..:sad:

new to this thread as well.. :hug:s x infinity to all who have loss that special someone in their lives and all the prayers I can muster go to you all too.

I lost my second cousin in a horrific accident about a month ago. She was such a spirit and so full of life.. Always happy, carefree with so many friends. She was riding her bike home from work at a good pace I guess, and tried to cross railroad tracks but didn't make it because a train hit her. She was alive for only a couple of hours.. It was awful, my mom who is super close to her (she was like a daughter but is her cousin) and her parents was just wrecked by this news. As was I and the whole family. My mom is doing fine now for the most part and her parents are hanging in there.. My great aunt still acts as if nothing happened and my great uncle is grieving and mad.

Life is just too short and anything can happen at anytime..:sad:

That is horrific. Such a freak accident.
My heart goes out to all of your family. :hug:

Not too long ago my Mom was turning onto her street that goes to her neighborhood, and the city had changed the light and she couldn't figure out why the light wouldn't turn green - so she went on to cross the tracks.
She is elderly but her hearing isn't going - but she just didn't realize it was because a train was coming, and it was the first day it was put into use.
We are all still shaken up about that. She said something told her to back up. The arm of the rr crossing gate came down on the front of her car.
She was just a couple of feet from the train.
The most bizarre thing is we can sit outside in her yard (way away from the tracks) and hear a train coming in the distance. Why didn't she?
I think the train conductor wasn't blowing it's whistle. It's too scary.

Back
Top Bottom