Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could use some positive thoughts. I'm working on a one-year teaching contract right now, and I should find out late next week or sometime the week after if my contract is being renewed. I've worked so hard this year, but there's only four (possibly five) positions for six candidates, so I know there's no guarantees.

Plan B is a long, long way away--part-time work at a few different schools for less pay and no benefits. I could make it work, but it would be tough to keep up with my student loan repayment plan. I really love the school I'm at, as well as my new town, and this is where I think I'd like to stay for my career, even if I have to do it one year at a time until a permanent position opens up.

I'm trying to stay positive because I know they're pleased with me, but I know for a fact two people who've been there longer will get two of the positions (and rightfully so), which means there's two or three spots left for four of us. I can be really hard on myself sometimes, and so the wait has been really tough.

I'd appreciate any positive thoughts you could send my way!

I hope you get the position BiMM!
luck.gif

:hug: :hug: to all the people who need some prayers right now, especially for all the shooting victims, family and friends...

a girl in my school, her name is allison, her mother died very suddenly this week.

It can't hurt to post, right? I'm not religious, but... I'm here. Guess I need to (briefly) vent :sad:

Mom has been in the hospital for a few days this past week & is now in nursing care/rehab facility. She has many ailments, but a recent fall may have caused/aggravated her problem. I believe it was a left femural fracture (she's had 2 hip replacements since '75). I hope she gets some strength & is able to move/get around soon. I hope the facility is providing good care/therapy. :pray:

M-I-L was in the hospital a few weeks ago, but is home and back to normal (knock wood). She seemed alright when I saw her a couple of days ago.

Good friend out of state has to go for surgery. Not sure of the problem yet, but they will find out when they go in. Sounds like it could be serious. And he's so young, relatively speaking (53). Same age as many friends of ours. I'm worried for them :(

:pray:

Sorry to hear of your friend's grandmother's passing, iloveedge. :hug:

And Lila....I am in the same boat with mother health problems and friends. Scary when things start happening to those close to our age. Anyway positive thoughts coming your way. Take care.

Ok, lets see if this works.
I know some of you don't care for me, I am ok with that.
But I just got news that my sister is in the hospital, so this is for her, not me.
She broke her shoulder while moving a load from her rig.
(She is a cross country truck driver.)
She didn't know it was broken (thought it was only dislocated) and went 4 days without care, and now it's infected.
On top of that, earlier she fell out of her rig, lacerated her abdomen and has deep bruising.
X-rays shows she has CPD, a heart problem, and her throat closed up for no reason whatsoever.
My older sister, Julie, said Dianna had a mini melt down since the anniversary of our parents death (April 1st),
and has been sayng our dead Mother has been 'telling her' to do unhealthy things to herself.
Not a good sign.
My sisters and I love one another, but have not really been the closest of siblings.
Listening to my sister, Dianna, tell me she is 'the walking dead" fucks my heart and soul up.
Despite anything that ever went on between us in the past, as children or young adults..

I am going to take my sister in, and do the best I can to help her heal.
But I need help too, I need prayers and positive vibrations.
Please.
Please help me through this with your prayers.

Thank you.

:hug:'s to you night_and_day66. What an incredibly tough time you must all be going through. Your sister is lucky to have someone who cares about her like that. Remember to take time to care for yourself too as sometimes it gets too easy to become all-absorbed in your loved ones battles. Good luck, and many positive thoughts coming your way. :hug:

:hug: night_and_day66

On a more positive note, I heard from my friend's daughters this week that he had the surgery, and he did well. No cancer. What a relief. :)

I could use some positive vibes this week. I had a really bad case of mono for most of last fall, and it flared up again in March. It didn't seem like it was going to be that big of a deal, but it seems like I'm getting sicker when I'm supposed to be getting better! My liver and spleen are both really swollen and sore, and there's nothing a doctor can do. I basically just have to wait for the virus to work (or rework) its way through my system. I feel awful and am getting really discouraged, wondering if I'm ever going to be 100 % healthy again :sad:

Hi guys....

Need some prayers and thoughts for my Aunty. She has been battling cancer for the past 2 years, and finally that battle is coming to an end. She was brought home from hospital today for the last time. I hope she passes quickly without having to suffer too much more pain :sad:

:hug: Oh gluey you've been through so much, but you do know these challenges life throws at us only make us stronger. You and your Aunty have my thoughts and prayers. My mother has also been battling breast cancer, but her situation is much different--for the moment she is cancer free following a mastectomy. It's a diffficult cancer to beat. I am so sorry to hear your aunt is losing her battle. Good luck to you all. :pray:

Back
Top Bottom