Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would just like to ask you all to pray for my grandad who has terminal cancer. He's had cancer for 10 years but we've just been told it's terminal about 2 weeks ago. I've always been extremely close to him so it's been very hard.
Thanks guys.

xx

I've been holding back just a bit on this, but I can't hold this in anymore.

As you know I've been battling some stuff with my lymph nodes. Well a couple weeks ago I went back to the doctors because I wasn't getting better and they did a whole bunch of test on me, they are checking for lymphoma and leukemia ( cancer), and when the doc told me that I freaked out.

I got the results back, and they are still not sure exactly what it is my white blood cells were high, and my red blood cells were low. He said there is a still a chance I can have one or the other, lymphoma or leukemia, but he wanted to wait.

But a few days later he called me back and said if you're not better in a couple weeks than come back and we'll have a surgeon come in and take a look, only problem is where the lymph nodes/lumps are on my neck are near my juggler vein and some main artery. So it's a risk, and he also say there may be a chance even if it is not cancer that I will have to do chemo and radiation.

It's all confusing and scary for me cause I'm sitting here going what if? I want an answer soon. I haven't said much about it to anyone, but I had to let it out now. So if you all can keep me in your prayers it would be great. Thanks!

Thank you so much Purple! :hug: and Everyone Else! :hug: It's rough and today I almost cried at work cause I have noticed I have lost a lot of weight without even trying my bra strap kept falling and everything else, and I noticed how baggy my shirt was too. I've always been a couple pounds under but not enough for this type of stuff, I ended up going on break and setting alone cause I felt so awful. I'm going to call the doc on monday again, and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, get answers.

Thank you so much!:hug:

Doc is still not sure on what is going on, but he put in a consult in for a surgeon to make sure it's not cancer, or something extremely serious. Problem is it is all near my main arties on my neck and juggler vein, so it's a risk. I should be getting a call in a few days to set up a time to to discuss this with a surgeon, I'm pretty scared and what not.

:hug: and happy thoughts to you . . . hope you're doing okay . . . you must be exhausted mentally by all this uncertainty . . . hope you're managing to find a way to do something nice for yourself everyday . . . got my fingers and toes crossed that things will all work out well for you :hug:

Back
Top Bottom