Oasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:

I had never really liked Oasis. I just didn't hear what everybody heard when they said they were so great. My brother is a big Oasis fan, told me they were great and you know, he was right about U2. But I just couldn't get past the fact that they seemed like such jerks. Then I went shopping, checked the bargain cd bin, found an Oasis cd, bought it, liked it, thinking about buying another one.

My confession....I didn't give their music the chance it deserved and as it turns out that was my loss.

:) I suggest What's the story morning glory/ Definately Maybe if you are going to get another one Fah

Lara Mullen said:

:) I suggest What's the story morning glory/ Definately Maybe if you are going to get another one Fah

Thanks for the suggestion....just looking through my Columbia House CD mail...buy one, get 2 free, or buy 2 and get 4 free. That Oasis one is available and I think I may have to buy it.

But under not circumstances will I post another confession about buying an Oasis cd.

Sicy said:
YOU made a big deal by posting the same question multiple times in this thread. Sorry I am late to respond but I cannot sit here and read this crap and not say something.

Thanks for your two cents. I thought Angela Harlem and Salome covered the mod part here fine. Are we done now? :|

Last edited:
fah said:

Thanks for the suggestion....just looking through my Columbia House CD mail...buy one, get 2 free, or buy 2 and get 4 free. That Oasis one is available and I think I may have to buy it.

But under not circumstances will I post another confession about buying an Oasis cd.

Ppl confess about liking bands here quite often :) :up:
You could always download some of the songs from the albums and see which ones you like, not like I ever download music or anything :shifty: or make cd's as I cant afford to buy any :shifty:

No, I especially hated when my mr fah surprised with a concert he found somewhere. It was some Irish band, a concert in Sydney, sorry kind of sketchy on the details...:shifty:

Oasis was a great, GREAT band. They were my favorite band in the mid-90's, and I even liked them better than U2 at the time (now THAT's a confession!!!).

However, Liam's antics just got to me after a couple of years. He's just too poorly behaved, IMHO.

I wouldn't mind, but Bono & the guys took them under their wing...the Gallaghers should have looked to U2 as an example of how to conduct their careers. They didn't, and that's very unfortunate, IMHO.

Enjoy your Oasis album, fah.

Diane
*Who thinks Morning Glory is the 4th best album of all time*

Thanks to everyone who has suggested 'Morning Glory' it made the Columbia House order as did another cd by some guy named Ryan Adams. What do I have to lose, buy 1, get 2 free.

oasis are amazing. they were the first band that got me into rock music. (i used to be a big hip hop/rap fan.:ohmy: there's a confession). and WTSMG? is in my top 3 favorite albums EVER! i even have live forever tattooed on my back.

btw...personally i have met both the men in question (liam and noel) and from my own experience noel was a bit pissy but i think he was having a bad day cause i was talking to someone who was speaking to him later that day and they said he was really nice... and liam was a total sweetheart to me. i think they can be a bit of an areshole sometimes but i think they play it up big time for the press.

that's just my humble opinion.

i :heart: Oasis

I have Morning glory (they were at their best then IMO), and I used to own Definitely Maybe and Be here now, but didn't keep those two.

It seems their music stays the same all the time (and the Gallagher brothers are egomaniacs), and I thought Songbird, much as it IS a nice tune, is nothing more than a shameless Beatles rip-off.

bammo2 said:

However, they suck like something really sucky that really sucks live....

I really didn't like them live either :shrug:
Its the way that lead singer, Liam/ Noel, I dunno which one sings stands at the microphone, he sort of has one foot forward and sings with his head titled to one side and his hands behind his back.
Talking of singers, Fran from Travis, I have seen them twice in concert and he is always grinning when he is singing, even in their music videos Fran is smiling away. When I first heard of Travis I thought that was Frans name :lol:

Oasis is mindless, unoriginal pub rock fun, but I enjoy all their stuff. Heathen Chemistry was a bit of a self parody, but they've been ripping other other bands all along.

Last edited:
zonelistener said:
It doesn't really seem like a confession to me. It seems like it is better placed in bang and clatter. She simply bought an album...what makes that a "confession?" Did Fah hate Oasis previously? Is there some stigma that has been placed on Oasis that I am not familiar with that buying one of there albums is now socially unaccepetable in some circles?

Help me understand this confession. I like to know what goes on in people's minds when they take actions - even if they are silly small ones like posting things in certain spots of a forum. Why is this a confession for you, rather than a topic of conversation about the album (which, in the order provided here at Interference.com, would mean this thread would fit in Bang and Clatter). Or, (and this is a question for mods), are we going back to a more "free form post stuff where ever" setting? Does "Anything goes" in zoo confessionals?

I like Critical Zoney... :)

actually i find that oasis aren't as good as in the past, i think the last two albums, especially standing on the shoulders of giants, gives a feeling like they're stepping off

Back
Top Bottom