not festive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
I know I wrote about this in my journal, but i am just not looking forward to Christmas this year. I just can't seem to get in the jolly mood. Is there anyone else out there with the same problem.

It's not because I am not looking forward to spending time with my family or anything like that. It's just that my heart isn't in it.

sorry you feel this way:sad: I am looking foward to it, just the other day I hung the stockings and and we are going to get a tree. We just got dumped on with snow, so that helps. Anything we can do to help you? I will sing you a christmas carroll........

I have one suggestion if you want to read it.......donate toys for kids or food or something, we did a huge food drive for underprivilaged people and we also sent huge boxes of presents to the troops in Iraq.....helping others will help you feel better:shrug:

I am devoid of the Christmas cheer I think my whole family is

I just want my mum to come home

But she probably will get to come home by Christmas time

a :hug: to tiny and Jessica...

I'm not in the jolly mood... because I have to resolve some personal issues before and I feel that faith doesn't help...

I know how you feel, JessicaAnn. I had that problem last year, and I can feel it creeping in again this year. I don't have a specific reason I can pin down. It's frustrating, for sure. :hug:

Well, i am glad to know i am not alone. Thanks everyone :hugs ... I know that here I will always find someone who understands.

I'm having some trouble with this also. I'm working on it by doing things like observing Gaudete Sunday (the third Sunday of Advent in the Catholic Church; I busted the hell out of my diet by getting some greasy fried chicken--yum!!!). But I really *hate* going to malls, fooling with traffic jams, parking lots..........UGH!!! I can't exactly celebrate and do this too.

I can't get into the spirit either...I feel guilty because I am completely uninspired to buy gifts, and usually I love being generous and buying my family things they'll love. I see lights everywhere and just shrug, I sing along to Christmas songs but they might as well be anything...I'd say it was because I'm in retail but this is my third holiday season and I've never felt like this before.

The donating thing seems like a very good idea. There are a few places near my store that are accepting unwrapped toys.

i'm broke, and the mail just came. somehow the university sees fit to charge me another $750 for next semester. my classes were fucking hard, and i'm still worried about that.

i haven'tmade it out of novemeber (well, actually i'm still stuck in september, but that's a slightly different story) let alone to christmas yet.

:hug:s for you guys

I know what you mean, and it's really weird too. Usually we've got the Christmas tree all decorated and I've normally had all my shopping done by now, but this year it's just...meh. Maybe it's that I'm busy applying to colleges and I've little time for anything else, but still...:sad:

Back
Top Bottom