No fun, no feelings, just work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I am not sure how to explain this thread clearly.I work a lot, hardly had a day off in 2 months. When i had free weekend i was usually so exhausted that i didnt do anything constructive:wink:
The thing is: I am working with a children, so the job is emotionally demanding. Anyhow, i am happy about the job because i love kids.(teenagers to be exact).
But, yesterday i was walking home from my work. It was friday evening, i didnt menage to go to the ballet i was interested in. So here i am:friday evening, all my friends are out, i dont have a boyfriend , feeling pretty lonely. I am so into my work that when i got out of it for a moment i was like- lost. And i was sort of using my work to escape from recently broken relationship. And now, school holidays are ahead and i wonder am i able to face with other parts of my life? I didnt have a chance to see my friends and when i dont have that emotional connection with people i love i feel low. I didnt feel so lonely for a long time.
At the same time i feel so exhausted that i often dont go and do things/see people bcause i am literally collecting energy for a next day. Any advice would be greately appreciated.:help:

Try to set a little bit of time away for yourself and make that "fun" time. Even if it was just seeing a ballet like you missed or maybe catching up with your friends. Perhaps your break from school could be the time for you to set work aside and really enjoy yourself. Hope Im making sense with all of this,lol.

It is so so so important to make sure that you balance your life with time spent on YOU. No matter what it is you decide is your guilty pleasure, set aside time each and every day.

can't your friends come and see you at your house?
If everyone brings something to eat and drink, a movie or else, you can spend a great evening, both with your friends and without using too much energy.
My friends and I used to do it when one of us had a very stressful time at work and it was great!!!

lady luck said:
can't your friends come and see you at your house?
If everyone brings something to eat and drink, a movie or else, you can spend a great evening, both with your friends and without using too much energy.
My friends and I used to do it when one of us had a very stressful time at work and it was great!!!

Yes, i had evening like that last saturday!It was awsome! But, now it is spring time and i want to go around. I am not going to Simnple minds concert because i feel i am too tired for example.
it is pretty hard to explain.....you want to go and do something and at the same time,....i dont know,you just dont want to go anywhere.

girlhappy said:

Yes, i had evening like that last saturday!It was awsome! But, now it is spring time and i want to go around. I am not going to Simnple minds concert because i feel i am too tired for example.
it is pretty hard to explain.....you want to go and do something and at the same time,....i dont know,you just dont want to go anywhere.

I get that way sometimes...well, lots of times actually. I can't say I really have any advice though as I haven't figured out how to motivate myself either.

Of course, if the kids are on holiday that takes away some of the tiredness, so maybe it will be easier for you to force yourself to get out and do things. And when you do get out I think you will be able to have a good time, which might help you feel happier and more energetic overall.

if your tiredness is basically phisical, why don't you consider the idea of taking some lactic ferment or similar things? Perhaps they could give you a lil more energy to face all you have to face!!!

so you sould have loved to be here yesterday.
We had no rain. we had A FLOOD!!!!

I'm doing fine -- getting closer to the date I move away from my parents' house!!!!!!

^ I had to wait coz the house was not ready. It's officially mine from today so we have to paint, put the furniture and all!

Yes, I sent the letters and it was received too!!!!

:wink:

I was at the phone with him and he said that he sent a reply via e-mail -- but I did not get it :mad: -- dunno if it was a net problem or him doing something wrong...

He said that another guy brought him the letter saying "There's a letter for you" and he was thinking it was his bank (hehehehe)
He said I made him remembering the time when he used to write letters to his grandma when he was a kid...:drool:

Back
Top Bottom