No Fixed Address

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Well, after some extreme drama tonight with the parents, it looks to me like I'm getting out of this house (by my own choice). I have $8.00 in my bank account and $7.00 in change, no job, and now nowhere to sleep. I leave at 6:30 tomorrow morning, and hopefully by sun down I'll be able to find a friend who doesn't mind letting me sleep on their couch for a few nights.

Just in case anyone's wondering if I end up disappearing for a while.

:sigh:

DaveC said:
Well, after some extreme drama tonight with the parents, it looks to me like I'm getting out of this house (by my own choice). I have $8.00 in my bank account and $7.00 in change, no job, and now nowhere to sleep. I leave at 6:30 tomorrow morning, and hopefully by sun down I'll be able to find a friend who doesn't mind letting me sleep on their couch for a few nights.

Just in case anyone's wondering if I end up disappearing for a while.

:sigh:

Unless your parents are absolute monsters who are harming you, I think you'd be crazy to leave. Be sure to not just get caught up in the emotion of one evening's events and think this out very carefully.

Re: Re: No Fixed Address

Bonochick said:

Unless your parents are absolute monsters who are harming you, I think you'd be crazy to leave. Be sure to not just get caught up in the emotion of one evening's events and think this out very carefully.

Re: Re: No Fixed Address

Bonochick said:

I was told "don't bother being here when we get back from work tomorrow (which is now today, at 4:30)". I really don't feel welcome here right now, so until this all blows over and I can look at my mother without getting furious again, I'm taking off. Once I eat lunch, my bags are being packed.

I suspect this will only be for a few days, but a friend of mine has offered me a couch to sleep on for as long as I need it, so that's where I'm going.

And now I have the worst chest cold I think I've ever had, because after it all went down, I went for a walk out in the wet snow that ended up turning into an hour and a half in the cold. Shit piled on shit.

:scream:

I hope you're not doing any nonsense and things will get better for you soon!!!:huh:

gabrielvox said:
Oh fer crissakes Dave, just mow the fucking grass and it'll all blow over! :mad:

:hug: just tryin to inject some humour...thinking about ya man. keep yer chin up!

:lol: You don't know how close you actually are to what went down.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll be alright for a couple days until everybody cools down enough to have a reasonable discussion. :up:

DaveC said:
I'll be alright for a couple days until everybody cools down enough to have a reasonable discussion. :up:

You're absolutely right Dave. I've had moments where I've told each one of my kids to get out and never come back and they've had their moments when they've told me they're leaving and never coming back. In the heat of an argument, parents can be unreasonable a-holes, kids can be infuriating, unreasonable a-holes and the best thing to do is separate for a while and talk it out when everyone is calm.

It will all work out :hug:

I unexpectedly got a paycheck today from a job I quit a month ago, so it seems like today is my lucky day. And by "lucky", I mean "I can eat" :D

I am going home tomorrow afternoon. :up:

brohim :laugh:

Made it home, it's tense as hell but I'll only be here another three weeks before the army sends me to the other side of the country, so I'll get by. :up: Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I guess this thread has run its course now.

Back
Top Bottom