News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I have to resurrect this thread so much? :mad:

Sorry, Everytime this thread dies down, I get a little upset. I thought that this thread would be updated constanly due to the fact that there are news that you guys wanted to share. I respect the fact that some news should be kept private, but if you guys want to share some of your news, then blurt it out on this thread. I don't want to resurrect this thread every time this thread dies down.

Do you really need to resurrect it? Threads usually die eventually! That's the forum life :D I'm sure people will post news as it comes to them :)

I'm doing a Tango coreographed formation next Thursday and Friday. About 30 of us have been practicing in dance class for the last 3 weeks. I feel all :crazy: :hyper: :uhoh: :D :huh: :crack: :happy: about it LOL.

Sicy didn't mean to upset you with what she wrote. Its just the nature of a forum. Threads die every single day. Don't take it personally, as its not at all.
A lot of people probably don't have a great deal of news, and if they do may prefer to create a thread dedicated to them and their news.
We're all egotists at heart!

I have news

My Mum has given me and my brother both a cheque with money to put in our bank accounts for our good exam results, which will all be spent in like a month but anyway :D

And and and she is taking us out at the weekend for dinner and then Im going out with my friend for a night out :hyper:

And I got a phone call today to go to school to get my photo taken for the "3 A's at "A" level picture" for the school magazine! I never got my picture in it when I went there.

My brother is also getting a picture for all A's at GCSE.

I feel like a geek

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Sorry, Everytime this thread dies down, I get a little upset. I thought that this thread would be updated constanly due to the fact that there are news that you guys wanted to share

Remeber no news is good news!

sorry.....I had to say that....:huh:

:wink:

Ha Ha Ha. I get the joke now people. If you want this thread to die permantly, that is fine with me. But I thought that some people are so excited or so mad at something or someone that he or she might wanted to share it on this thread to release some pressure that builds up (I know, I don't get it either)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Ha Ha Ha. I get the joke now people. If you want this thread to die permantly, that is fine with me. But I thought that some people are so excited or so mad at something or someone that he or she might wanted to share it on this thread to release some pressure that builds up (I know, I don't get it either)

I hope you didnt take what I said as being nasty - it was to lighten the mood

Threads die - its not that important.

:)

I have 2 driving lessons tomorrow - we are doing manoeuvres

Guys are sleazy - well the ones here anyway

My feet hurt

(I really like this thread :))

Sucky news:
I can't seem to get back into the book a fried and I are writing. I was going gangbusters (I love odd old words) for a while, but I've petered out for now. I have been attacked by small biting bugs lately and we can't seem to get rid of the damn things! I'm sick of summer. I'm having awful 2-day headaches and we don't know what's causing them.

Good news:
My catscan came back OK (no tumor--very nice). It's my birthday next week, so I am expecting some very nice prezzies from the fam. I'm having a cookout tomorrow and all my best freinds are coming (yea!). It's almost fall and I'll be able to wear my favorite jackets soon!

I went to see a U2 tribute band yesterday. They're really good. But this huge scary girl collared me at the end and said to me 'you do know they're all spoken for don't you?'. I'm like, WTF????!! Turns out she saw me being all 'I love this song' and 'Woo hoo' and all excited and stuff and decided that I was a groupie. She wanted to tell me that she was going out with the techy guy and was friends with the bands girlfriends. I suppose she was warning me off...

Anyway, she felt pretty stupid when I told her I wasn't a ZU2 groupie, but a U2 fan. I wasn't after the band. I told her I would only be a threat if the Bono guy suddenly turned into Bono himself.....:lol:

the funny thing was that the adam guy had just been chatting me up but I thought he was a bit of a spanner.

very amusing.

Lara Mullen said:

I hope you didnt take what I said as being nasty - it was to lighten the mood

Threads die - its not that important.

:)

Then someone did not tell you that I took jokes like that (IE what you said about this thread dying) seriously. So, if you don't want me critizing a joke like that again, I suggest you don't make that type of joke again. This goes out to everyone on this thead too. Sorry, but I take sorta serious pranks/jokes like that serious. Light, fluffy ha ha jokes or pranks I can understand, even some dirty ones too, but if the jokes have a serious looking tone to it, I get angry and take it seriously. I was teased by the mexican kids in my neighborhood (most of them younger than me, but some were either my age or older) about being the fat white kid. Really bad too. Again, I'm sorry if I did that, but I take jokes like that seriously.

Then someone did not tell you that I took jokes like that (IE what you said about this thread dying) seriously. So, if you don't want me critizing a joke like that again, I suggest you don't make that type of joke again. This goes out to everyone on this thead too. Sorry, but I take sorta serious pranks/jokes like that serious. Light, fluffy ha ha jokes or pranks I can understand, even some dirty ones too, but if the jokes have a serious looking tone to it, I get angry and take it seriously. I was teased by the mexican kids in my neighborhood (most of them younger than me, but some were either my age or older) about being the fat white kid. Really bad too. Again, I'm sorry if I did that, but I take jokes like that seriously.

Um, no offense (honestly), but this - the thread dying off - wasn't even a joke. No one was trying to pull a fast one on you or make fun of you or whatever. It's just simply the nature of the forums that threads die off after a while. :) It's definitely not meant as an insult against the creator of the thread, and by no means is it meant personally when the thread eventually dies off.

Now on with the thread...

Bad news:
I lost two coworkers yesterday. Convinced one to just resign since he was going to get fired anyway (long story), and the other we suspended for being excessively late on a regular basis (he's had it coming forever).

Good news:
I'm having a lot of fun with Tiff. It's fun to date again, and fun to start off dating again with someone I get along with so well.

Last edited:
Mirrorball Man said:
I've given up my oh so boring, frustrating and tedious job and am starting an Art and Design course in about 2 weeks. It's a complete change and very very much needed. Oh yes :yes:

:up: good for you. i need to do start taking some more classes at my university again so i can finish my degree and do something that i enjoy.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Sorry, Everytime this thread dies down, I get a little upset. I thought that this thread would be updated constanly due to the fact that there are news that you guys wanted to share. I respect the fact that some news should be kept private, but if you guys want to share some of your news, then blurt it out on this thread. I don't want to resurrect this thread every time this thread dies down.

Ha ha ha ha....

I get mad when certain threads DON'T die.

Angie...

Were they "personalized" plates?

I'm going back home for a week because I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding. :love:

i'm going to call a lawyer in the morning so i can find out if i can sue the owner
of the dog that bit my daughter today.

that's the news.
want the weather?
still hot.

bonosgirl84 said:
i'm going to call a lawyer in the morning so i can find out if i can sue the owner
of the dog that bit my daughter today.

that's the news.
want the weather?
still hot.

:sad: what kind of dog?

um, can you give me a five-day forcast and also the local sports scores?

it was half something called a malamute and half husky.
it was a big dog. a bad dog.

then the owner squashed it.

five day zoneycast...hot hot hot hot hot
sports...ummm, football started. someone won.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom