NEW YEARS EVE...already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It doesn't change does it?
Every year
Christmas Day- December 25th
New Year's Eve- December 31st.

so how come it sneaks up on ya each year?
I mean I have a Lord of the Rings calendar and all
**cass steals a glimpse at Mr December( Legolas)..:sexywink: blue eyes**
:D
I haven't bought any Christmas presents yet...it's not like I haven't had reminders. Every time I visit my son and his girlfriend I have to climb over the gas BBQ and the canary cage and stand to get to a seat. They have been "hiding" them for weeks...gifts for her parents.The BBQ is for her mum, not quite what I expected. She has brought her dad an incredible( expensive) Sir Donald Bradman souvenir. I was at their place the other day when their Chrisco hamper arrived:eek: she has been paying for it all year, hundreds of $$$worth of OTT food:faint:
I'm a bit nervous....in our family we treat Christmas in a much more low-key( and inexpensive) way. I hope she still likes us after this.
We had a hotelier ring us up this morning. He wants band posters asap to hang up for the NYE gig. We have had it booked for about 6 months. It has still managed to take me by surprise.

2004 is THE year...according to some historian's reading of the clues left by the Ancient Egyptians. I read the theory about the Bible in Stone( the pyramid of cheops) and the Year 2004 AD a looooooooooong time ago. It's almost here:faint:
So it really has just hit me today....'tis the season to be jolly.

Anyone else need :help:??

I know.....I bought champagne and ice cream as a surprise for hub ( his last day of work today)...I think I will go get stuck into them now..
that will help...a lot
for sure
:crazy:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! musiclovers

:scream:

I'm more worried about New Year's Eve...you know. That night when the clock strikes 12 :silent:
My heart got broken about a month after that night. I've only had enough guts to ask one person out since then :reject: And even that was nothing more than a rebound sort of thing :huh:
Eek, now there's this new girl I'ma tryin' to get with (first time I've actually really cared for someone romantically since being DUMPED...:slant: ) Right now I'm really sort of afraid of rejection...I don't want to ruin the friendship, you know? But I'd also like to be with someone I really care about on New Year's Eve :sigh:

Oh well, enough about me. SORRY FOR RUNNING OFF ON A TANGENT :yikes: I'm just in one of moods. Anyhoo, on to the topic at hand...

ACK! Christmas shopping! :crazy: And your son's girlfriend's family...wow. Just by the sound of it I'm afraid to ask what the souvenir costs. Dang, it's hard enough trying to appease others on your own, but now you've got a comparison of sorts you're up against :huh:

Are they a RICH family? They really sound like they're getting into the holiday, ya' know?

But say now, what makes the year 2004 so special, exactly?? I've never heard of the Pyramid of Cheops :silent:

Last edited:
yikes....2003 is almost over??

holy shit!

i never notice that it's the next year until around february when i finally stop writing the last year everytime i write the date

I'm practising...:D
just opened a bottle of champagne:drunk:
yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa

hey catman, good luck to you, in everything...I'll bbl.
snuck on line whilst youngest son is researching Warhammer stuff...:yikes:

:):):)

Im really excited, the last three weeks of the year are always the best for me :D

Week one: the 18th, birthday celebration
Week two: the 24th, 25th, 26th, christmas celebration
Week three: the 31st, 1st, new years celebration

Its one super happy awesome fun fun jolly time.

:hyper:

back....
first up catman, no need to apologise for running off on tangents. I am the mother of all tangents. Sometimes the tangent can be the best part....so peace:)
second...her family aren't rich. She is only a first year apprentice, but I think she feels the need to express her love with gifts. She has been paying them off all year, so I suppose that makes it more affordable in a way. It's just that in our family we give things during the year when they are needed and kinda think Christmas consumerism has gotten out of hand....my sons have always been reminded that we are lucky just to have food on the table, that children are suffering in poverty every second of every day everywhere. We should only expect our fair share and then give to others.
third..the great pyramid...It's the main big one near Cairo you see in all the tourist photos. It has been studied for years, in particular it's measurements. It is quite fascinating really, how it's dimensions exactly relate to those of the earth and it's orientation. Some people claim the vaious measurements of it can be related to a time line, it has correlated to predict various major events in human history, birth of Christ, world wars etc. All the measurements end in 2004 AD. I heard about this back in the 80's, it just is a bit of a blowout to, at last be at the time that was mentioned.
I'm not too worried. My sister became a Jehovah's Witness back in 1973, she really tried to "sign me up". They were totally convinced Armageddon was going to happen in February 1975...they couldn't wait. And another friend was heading for the hills a few years ago. She believed a great tidal wave was coming:eyebrow:

We're still here :applaud:

so don't let it worry mate, relax yourself, let it flow. It will come. I'll make a wish for you for love.
Ever since I've known him, my old man has been playing in a band at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. Mostly I stay home, but if I do go along to his gig, I hate going on the stage, so I usually hide in the ladies restroom at about 11:55 pm....I get my come uppance later, after we've lugged the gear out. The show must go on....:)

Headache...I totally missed the late 80's and half of the 90's....apparently they did happen.

LMPA..you feel old? When I was kid the Year 2000 seemed so far off :faint:

Foxfire...good attitude:up:

I'm excited too :)

the countdown begins.....

18th: i am back home in france.
22nd: my birthday
24th, 25th: Xmas
30th, 31st, 1st: new year's eve in front of bono's house in eze!!
5th: birthday celebration
9th: i am leaving to ireland.

and during my free days, i will have to meet all my friends....

:eyebrow:

I hate new year's eve. :crack: My birthday (29th) used to deflect some of that loathing, but now I look forward to my bday with just a bit more acceptance that nye, but not much.

:wink: Well, since my Birthday is january 1st, it' a good time for me!(and my niece, my B-Day twin, Emilia-5)Hey Justified-I meet alot of NYD folks, but now too many NYE! Happy Birthday to all who's Birthdays are coming up!!:heart: :) :kiss:

well to be honest my birthday is Jan 4th but since no one is in the partying mood on the 4th and since i will be out of town for business on my birthday my friends and i are celebrating it during New Years Eve! but thanks for the birthday wishes forbonou2. happy birthday to you as well and to JKayet! :)

birth days as well as the birth of a new year
Cool:up:
My niece's first son was born on New Year's Eve and my nephew( who is now a successful business man in London) was born on January 4th.:up:
have a ball y'all.
The publican at the venue where my hub's band is playing is freaking out a bit. We spent quite some time negotiating the fee way back mid-year. Now he's worried if there'll be enough peole there to cover the cost.
hub said I have to bring lots of friends along :eeklaugh:

I do believe I have been given permission to get shit-faced:yes:
:hyper: :dance:
:tsk: :shame:

:drunk: :applaud:

I'm going to be in Toronto on New Year's Eve with someone...

I'm looking forward to it. :wink:

Melon

"her family aren't rich. She is only a first year apprentice, but I think she feels the need to express her love with gifts. She has been paying them off all year, so I suppose that makes it more affordable in a way. It's just that in our family we give things during the year when they are needed and kinda think Christmas consumerism has gotten out of hand....my sons have always been reminded that we are lucky just to have food on the table, that children are suffering in poverty every second of every day everywhere. We should only expect our fair share and then give to others."

Oooooooooh, gotchya ;) But I agree, though. Christmas *has* become far too commercial nowadays. The mass marketing is insane. Whatever happened to simply loving one another more and spreading the joy of the season? More often than not, we tend to forget how lucky we really are.

"the great pyramid...It's the main big one near Cairo you see in all the tourist photos. It has been studied for years, in particular it's measurements. It is quite fascinating really, how it's dimensions exactly relate to those of the earth and it's orientation. Some people claim the various measurements of it can be related to a time line, it has correlated to predict various major events in human history, birth of Christ, world wars etc. All the measurements end in 2004 AD."

:shocked:

:faint:

That's kinda eerie! I mean, the dimensions and measurements cannot all be simply coincedental, can they? Aside from the new U2 album, 2004 might be a bit more interesting than I had previously thought :hmm:

"So don't let it worry mate, relax yourself, let it flow. It will come. I'll make a wish for you for love.
Ever since I've known him, my old man has been playing in a band at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. Mostly I stay home, but if I do go along to his gig, I hate going on the stage, so I usually hide in the ladies restroom at about 11:55 pm....I get my come uppance later, after we've lugged the gear out. The show must go on...."

Thanks, cass :angel: I'll make a wish for you for luck on the stage :eeklaugh: Maybe you should just get wasted before climbing up on the platform :drunk: It might make the experience a little less embarassing for ye (and your daddy would appreciate it!), but on the other hand, there might be a few rather embarassing photos turning up the day after :hmm:

Last edited:
Catman said:
Christmas *has* become far too commercial nowadays. The mass marketing is insane. Whatever happened to simply loving one another more and spreading the joy of the season? More often than not, we tend to forget how lucky we really are.

i couldnt have said this better myself.:up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom