My Uncle Passed away Today..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Yeah, I dont know how I'm feeling right now....I'm not crying, we barley saw/spoke to each other, other than when the Family gets together at Christmas time.

He Was Diagnosed with Cancer about 2 weeks ago.....and it wasnt good...We didnt know how long he had....but just new it was bad....

I think I will have to quote Bono on.."I Wish I got to know him better".

:(

Apparently He had been just lounging around the house for a few weeks, thought he was just depressed.
He went to vist the doctor, and found out was much worse than deppersion

Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss, that must be quite a shock seeing him pass away so quickly after being diagnosed.

Talk more about it if you feel like it, we're here.
:hug:

Was it cirrhosis of the liver? Thats really difficult to detect and by the time its detectable its too late. My father in law lasted 10 days.

Either ways I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. Look after yourself, and your family. :hug:

beli said:
Was it cirrhosis of the liver? Thats really difficult to detect and by the time its detectable its too late. My father in law lasted 10 days.:hug:

Sorry to hear about your father.....
From what I gather from Mum, it was pretty much all through him....I feel really bad about not getting out of the house today....I've a stack of school work to have done by tommrow..

bono_man2002 said:

Sorry to hear about your father.....
From what I gather from Mum, it was pretty much all through him....I feel really bad about not getting out of the house today....I've a stack of school work to have done by tommrow..

Use the days from now to the funeral to look after yourself. Do what you need to do. If that means sitting and staring into space for a little while, then so be it.

Stuff schoolwork. It'll still be there when you are ready. :hug:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss bonoman. I kind of experienced a similar thing with my grandfather years ago. He died of cancer and I never knew him as well as I wished I had. He was a cool guy, but just didn't open up to much.

Just try to focus on what you did have with him and hold on to that.

I'm praying for you and your family. :hug:

you know he's in a better place. and you will get to know him better, when you get to that place a really long time from now, paradise.

Well...I survived the Funeral...
The get together was nice afterwards too....seeing people you only see on such bad occasions...its a shame that happens really.

Yeah, those gatherings afterwards can leave you with an intense feeling...seeing family members again after a long while....joined by a sad occasion..strangly, it often strengthens those ties.

Take it easy for the rest of the day :hug:

Back
Top Bottom