My not-so-secret secret.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
No, I'm not GAY! (STOP SAYING THAT!) ;)

Over the past year I have compiled a journal of my life's experiences. That's 24 years that I pieced together in my spare time based on ticket stubs, funeral programs, wedding programs, photographs, letters, etc.

I can't believe I did it, but it's pretty much up to date. Every major epiphany I've thought, every depressed moment, every major time of excitment is chronicled in this "not-so-secret" diary/journal.

I had to confess to someone, and since I never see ANY of you on a daily basis, I felt it would be safest to mentioned it here.

Good job! I did that myself a few years back (which reminds me that it needs updating). I ended up with two-three inch binders packed with remanants of my life :reject:

I have a scrapbook collection that my mom started for me when I was a baby. It's up to something like 50 books, full of photos, cards, programs letters, travel souvenirs...on and on. They are WONDERFUL to reflect back on, good for you! :up:

my life are my drawings so I have
a lot of them everywere... but I'm trying to compile some scrapbooks with them and some photos that I like :D

Last edited:
Holy God, that's impressive. I wish I could do it someday, but alas I'm the total opposite of a pack rat - I throw things out constantly. I have an unnatural dislike of clutter.

anitram said:
Holy God, that's impressive. I wish I could do it someday, but alas I'm the total opposite of a pack rat - I throw things out constantly. I have an unnatural dislike of clutter.

I'm exactly the same way, so I've thrown away most of my "memorabilia" and have never missed it. I prefer to live an uncluttered life and view that as the ultimate stamp of who I am.

I sort of did something like that a few years ago but not with pictures or anything. I did mine to music. I wrote down all of the bands and songs, that I could remember, that were important in my life since I was a little kid and wrote down what my life was like when that music was important to me. At first I really just wanted to write a timeline of bands I liked throughout my life but then it became more personl. It's 165 pages :crack: and thankfully I printed it several times because I can't get into the file on the disc anymore. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that because I want to update it, edit it, and just finish it up.

No one but a few people know I wrote it and it has some very personal stuff in it that I felt I couldn't leave out so I'm not sure if I'd ever share it with anyone or not. But it felt like something I had to do and it became an obsession to write. Then one day I decided I needed a break. That was a year and a half ago and I haven't touched it since....someday.

I too throw everything out and LOATHE clutter. Problem is I end up throwing away important bills, statments etc. :eek: But with everything put away in scrapbooks, I don't consider that clutter because it's tidy. You just have to keep them up on a regular basis. They are soooooooooo worth having, the memories are priceless!

I have 13 albums full of stuff like that that I started when I was in 9th grade. I was more into it before, but it's interesting to go through and see what was most important in my life at the time. The pictures were embellished with handwritten captions, and then cut-out words from magazines and catalogs, and now mostly song lyrics. My abum from my most depressed time has no less than three pages of just lyrics that described what I was feeling.

I love the whole album thing, I save EVERYTHING from trips. It's fun to flip through and see the little things I collected in different places and remember the trip...I'm just the slightest bit sentimental.

Back
Top Bottom