My new discovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
I have started seeing a girl and I didnt actually realise until now how low my self-esteem really is. No matter how many times she tells me or shows that she likes me, my mind has doubts. I dont understand whats wrong with me and why Im so depressed about this. A beautiful girl likes me and I feel like absolute shit 99% of the time. Its totally effecting me and I dont know what to do. It is starting to effect the way we are together too which sucks. I dont know what to do...

*there we have it then, a wieght off my chest.

I know exactly how you feel... and the minute I figure it out myself, Ill tell you how you can fix it for yourself... :\

i can empathize, and all i can say is try and realize that the way you feel could be the way she feels....realize that she wouldn't lie about something like this....good luck!

i never believe compliments either...it's sick

Naya said:
If she's such a great girl, then you must be a great guy too, that's why she's interested in you. :yes:

(((bono_man)))

NICE response. it's true, very very true though. women are smart, and she's not just dating you to hurt you, ok?

you are much more than you see

She's interested in you because you're a wonderful guy, Jon!
Funny, kind, smart, sincere, caring, interesting, and cute to boot.
What more would she want, eh?

Everyone is right man...she obviously sees great things in you. Just focus on the fact that she's with you, and don't overanalyze it...you'll be a lot happier and trust her a lot more when she tries to tell you how much you mean to her.

thanks people. i guess its something i need to work through myself over time.

Dont take too long in learning to like yourself. All the good things might pass you by. If you cant see yourself clearly, stop looking so hard. Sometimes we cant see things so close up. But she can. And we can, in you.

Like YOU Jon, a lot of other people do!

I do the EXACT same thing. I can't accept that anyone could like me in any way, for any reason.

I don't have any kind of solution for you since I'm still trying to find one myself, but I think that as long as the girl you're seeing understands this about you and is patient, things will work themselves out and you'll become more confident as the relationship progresses.

I've never talked to you, but just from reading your posts and everyone else's comments, you seem like a great guy, and I wish you the best of luck with this. :) :hug:

u rock MY world

hiya Jonny. I was going to email you privately, but I wanted to say a few things here too. First off, you are a fabulous guy- deal with it. She likes you, plain and simple. It's a wonderful thing.
I have spent a good portion of my life feeling like you are right now, and I will tell you this- it doesn't get you anywhere. We waste so much time during the good moments, stressing about the good moments and how long these good moments will last, that when they are over... we failed to enjoy them while they are here. Now, I am NOT saying that this 'good moment' in your life right now won't last, because there are huge possibilities that it can and will, but, I am saying that when we stop looking at new relationships as forever, then we can start to enjoy them for what they are. Two people enjoying eachothers company. You'll then be able to open your heart more and allow hers to come in. You can't spend time worrying about what might happen and how you might get hurt. You can't prevent things from happening, but if you doubt anothers affections too much, you can be the facilitator of your own fear. Don't look for something that is not there.

She likes you. :kiss:

Be confident Jon. Be bold, love deeply and test your heart. You'll be a happier and stronger person for it.

love ya. :kiss: :hug:

Last edited:
Hey, I used to be the same way. I never took anything at face value, and no matter how much I was told, or who I was told by, I never believed any of it. Now I'm in a beautiful relationship and I've never been happier. I guess my issues went away a little more quickly than usual because I've known Jen for so long. Although sometimes I do find myself overanalyzing, I just brush it aside and let it go.

once again, thanks to all of you. i have spoken to a few of my friends (both online and at home) and got some great advice. thanks to all of you for helping me out :)

basically, i have decided i need to stop worrying about what is going to happen in the future and just chill and concentrate on now. i am trying really hard to do this and i actually feel loads better as a result.

thanks to you all....:hug:

bono_man said:

basically, i have decided i need to stop worrying about what is going to happen in the future and just chill and concentrate on now. i am trying really hard to do this and i actually feel loads better as a result.

That's excellent.

I can sympathize with you though...I used to always have the fear that since John and I live so far apart that he'd dump me for somebody who's not just closer to him but who is beautiful (I don't see myself as beautiful, even thoughe he tells me I am). I'm starting to grow a little more secure with myself though, and while I don't think I'm beautiful, I am accepting the fact that he finds me to be that way, and he's not going to leave me. :)

Back
Top Bottom