My mother has breast cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the surgery went very well. My mother had an excellent surgeon and a much better experience with Kaiser than we had when my father died. They took some extra nodes & what looked like damaged tissue which we should hear about this week, and if it's all OK the surgeon says they got it all and mom won't require radiation or chemo treatments! My mother realized how strong she really is and was quite emotional realizing how large her circle of caring friends and support is. It was a positive experience despite the subject. My mother amazed us with her high tolerance to pain. She is going to be alright. I will go back periodically to check on her and take care of projects she keeps coming up with which we hopefully think will be her transition into moving into a smaller and more economical place to live. Thanks to all the well wishes-there is so much to be said about the power of positive thought and prayer!

:hug: Thanks everyone. Good news from the doctor visit yesterday, the tissues and nodes removed all looked good. Now she sees her surgeon Monday for a follow up and an oncologist on Tuesday (routine per her doctor).

Back
Top Bottom