My little sister...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schnumi

Refugee
The first time i will do my story here, i once had a little sister (19 years old im 22) but she got seriously wounded in a car accident in january in Holland i think maybe some dutch people know what im talking about.

It was in wapenveld with 3 other people (including my sisters boyfriend (1.5 years), all of those people died instantly but my sister survived the crash with a tree.

I was called out of bed by my mother and she said the other people's mother had called and she heared they had a car accident and that 3 guys were dead and 1 girl was alive but very badly injured.

So my mother and i rushed over to the other house and just sat there waiting for the police to show up. But i took over 2 hours and they didnt came, so we called the hospital and we found out she was there and we rushed over.

I was driving and im sure i got 2 speeding tickets (empty road so). When we got there i was shocked....

There was my little sister lying in a hospital bed on the IC, all kinds of tubes sticking out of her and her head. We left after a while because she wasnt in direct life danger but she was being kept in a coma to heal better.

This all lasted for a week and she never woke up...

I had hope and faith but it just wasnt meant to be. She had to serious injury's to her spine and head. Every day she went backwards instead of forward. I saw my little sister slipping away from me, an awfull site and not something you would expect to happen at the age of 19 years old...

I had huge support from U2 music and especially the album ATYCLB.

When she died i was broken, on her funeral we played songs (no doubt her favorite) and my choice was Kite.

Kite is so powerfull and hits me emotionally. It just fitted my pain perfectly.

I also got 2 tattoo's, 1 with a piece of lyrics from Kite, and 1 with the ATYCLB briefcase with the heart, i made it a broken heart and attached the logo of Kite to it with the intention of saying:

The kite will take the briefcase with all the memories and a piece of my mother, fathers and my heart with it to heaven, to my little sister.

Life is still hard without her and you get remember her every day. MY little sister....

:(

I am so sorry for your loss.

15 years ago my sister died in a drowning accident.

It was the hardest thing that I ever had to live through.

Much worse than when our mother died from cancer when I was 10 years old.

I can tell you that each day the pain of the loss will be a little less.

And with time, your life will regain a balance.
You have many years in front of you. Life is wonderful and beautiful.

This is a such heart wrenching story :( :hug:
I am so sorry for your loss (and deep too). I cant imagine how hard it must be. I'm glad U2 was able to help you through.

5 years ago my brother was in a horrible motorcycle accident and had so many serious injuries and broken bones he spent 6 months in the hospital. Thankfully he is alive today but there's nothing worse than looking at your close family member on a hospital bed unconcious with a million tubes and wires coming out of them. It's just such a helpless feeling.

I had know idea about the accident. I am terribly sorry for your lose. There is a reason U2 is around, their words and melodies comfort us in many ways. :hug:

I am sorry for your loss. My friend who was like a brother to me died 3 years ago in a car crash (tree). All though U2 was not played. The Song sung by Annie Lennox from The Return of the King Soundtrack (Lord of the Rings) affected me to this day. Keep strong.

Truly heartbreaking story.
You handled her memory in a most beautiful and touching way, one i will not forget.

Im sure we have all said this before, and are thinking it now,
but never lose the opprotunity to tell someone you love them.
Be grateful for everyday and dont hold grudges.

I am sorry for everyones loss.
In reflection, i hope everyone here, had that opprotunity with the loved one that was lost.

:hug:

Last edited:
I just saw this and it made me cry so I had to respond. I am so sorry for your terrible experience. It's beautiful how you remember her. :hug:

My Dad died in an accident with a tree too. He was on his way to visit me and I can never forgive myself. :(

Schnumi, your story is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your great loss, however, I'm sure your sister would be so proud of you the way you have honored her life and her memory.

I have a little sister as well. I am 32 and she is 15. And I just hope and pray that I never have to go through something like this with her. I hope I go before her . . . . far, far, far from now, but still.

Again, your loss is tragic and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. :hug: Just try to hold on to the goodness and love of her and realize that she will always be with you, in your heart. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom