½ my life without a mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
Today marks a half way point in my life. It has now been half my life that my mother has been dead. I was 13 when she died and now I’m 26 and today is the anniversary of her death. 13 years without a mother. Being the youngest in my family, I am the first one to reach this point.
Some years this day is harder than others. This year I feel pretty numb, I don’t want to think too hard about it because I know where it will take me, and I don’t want to go there.

Patti I've never lost a Mother but I lost my oldest brother just recently, and I have a new appreciation for those who have lost loved ones so close to you. All my love

:hug: Patti, I know how you feel thinking about these kinds of things. I lost my grandmother March 31st, so it's been a sad weekend and I share that numb feeling with you. I keep singing "some days are better than others" to myself because it is so true. I've also been thinking an awful lot about the fact I've almost been divorced as long as I was married. So you are not alone. This is the place to find the comfort from those who understand though. Think about the happier times, and try not to dwell too much on the anniversary date or the numbers thing. :hug:

patti:hug: :heart: I lost my grandmother half year ago, and i am still not over it. I loved her dearly, i just dreamed her voice over the phone just as she was alive!I was scared a bit but i know she is well somewhere...i am trying to feel this way. Still, it is hard sometimes, though.All my love:hug:

:hug: it's all about the good memories :)

my dad's "anniversary" is coming up soon on April 30th... 4 years. I was 15 when he died, and some days are still hard to get through, but keep your chin up, and just think of all the good times you had with your mother! :hug: :)

We didn't know our grandparents; our grandfather came to live with us for a year but by that time he was on the verge of senility and he passed away in his sleep; Doozer was probably 5 or 6 at the time, not sure..

Our mother passed away almost 19 years ago and with our father's recent death, Doozer learned that children, no matter what age, can be considered orphans...We are Adult orphans...but their memories live strong inside of us...:heart: Mom and Dad...

Back
Top Bottom